Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite chocolate bar

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 125 ✭✭CowGoesMoo100

KitKat. Always has and always will be the king.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^

with tea, yes

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

Gold bar, Dairy Milk, Milka, Malteasers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

I don't know if anyone remembers the old Dairy Milk from back in the day. They were thin - like really thin, sim card thin - and about six inches long. Damn, what a bar.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Hammer89 wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone remembers the old Dairy Milk from back in the day. They were thin - like really thin, sim card thin - and about six inches long. Damn, what a bar.

They were perfect for tea dipping

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Double Deckers are my current favourite.

I have recently discovered these new bad boys based on them, even more delish...
    101676_Dinky-deckers.jpg

They are lovely, especially after being in the fridge. But the bags are too small :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    They were perfect for tea dipping

I'd tea bag a tramp for another one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'd tea bag a tramp for another one.
    But would you let a tramp tea bag you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭jetsonx

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Ritter Sport rum and raisin
    Ritter Sport marzipan

Delicious

Ritter chocolate was one of the most smuggled products into the GDR...a taste of the West...a taste of advanced capitalism. The commies could'nt get enough of the stuff. In chocolate there is truth...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,099 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

jetsonx wrote: »
    Ritter chocolate was one of the most smuggled products into the GDR...a taste of the West...a taste of advanced capitalism. The commies could'nt get enough of the stuff. In chocolate there is truth...

Ritter and Eduscho coffee ! I remember making packages to be brought across to the east !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

not crunchle... the shop sent a multi pack when they must have run out of wispa.... definitely not crunchie!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 480 ✭✭ewc78

Double Decker or Picnic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Starbar seems to be the favorite, and it would be close to the top of my list too.

Funny how you never see Starbar multi packs - I wonder if this is a marketing idea.

Keep it premium. Keep it wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Twirl, Wispa, Boost, Toffe Crisp, Time Out, Golden Crisp, Cadburys Turkish Delight would be my favourites!

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Toffee crisp for me; closely followed by star bar, picnic and boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,306 ✭✭✭AllForIt

God, this is hard

In joint first place - Double Decker and Crunchie

In joint second place - Picnic, Snickers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Terry Chocolate Orange.

Best thing about Easter is a Terry chocolate orange easter egg, contrary to most others where the egg is generic chocolate eg cadburys chocolate with a flake egg, or nestle chocolate with a rolo egg - the entire egg is also chocolate orange. Also back in the 80s there were Terrys bitz bars, terrys chocolate with either mint or orange flavoured bits in them. Long gone now.

Also very partial to Galaxy, Minstrels, Maltesers, Cadburys dairy milk, flake or twirls. And lindt chocolate is lovely too.

Don't like nuts so it rules out all the snickers/whole nuts/starbars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Secret. They haven't been made in years though, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 whodini

Starbar, no contest. Except from Snickers. Weirdly, like Catch, although the chocolate is clearly inferior.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

That was shrinkflation , making them thinner rather than raise the price. yeah they got wafer thin in the end.

Yorkie kept the size and made a fuss about the chunks.

But Rowntree Mackintosh are long gone. Fond memories of the smells out of the factory. But today its Nestle. Sugar is not a replacement for coco.

Cadbury's new owners don't understand that cheapo generic vegetable fats are not a replacement for milk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Iodine1

Terry Chocolate Orange.

Best thing about Easter is a Terry chocolate orange easter egg, contrary to most others where the egg is generic chocolate eg cadburys chocolate with a flake egg, or nestle chocolate with a rolo egg - the entire egg is also chocolate orange. Also back in the 80s there were Terrys bitz bars, terrys chocolate with either mint or orange flavoured bits in them. Long gone now.

+1 on the Chocolate orange, one of the few genuine ones left. I had forgotten how good they were until I saw your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Double Decker? The only Cadbury Dairy Milk based bar I dont like

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Wispa, love the mini ones. So moreish. Like a pure chocolate infusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭speckled_park

Galaxy caramel nom nom.

If i was in a pool full of galaxy caramel id probably eat my way out instead of drowning.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

Someone has already mentioned topdeck - they were fabulous, milk chocolate topped with white chocolate.

For a short while aero did a version with white choc bubbly bits wrapped in milk chocolate. AFAIR it was in a blue wrapper, haven’t seen it in years.

Anyone remember midler biscuits from the mid 1990s? They were about two-thirds the length of a Twix finger, with a sandwich of crunchy chocolate biscuit and a cream filling, coated in milk chocolate. They were gorgeous!

Hard to beat a curly wurly from the freezer though, great chewing in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Dunne Stores sell these , six in a pack , for less than two euro !

It's so easy to nearly eat all six in one go :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Frys chocolate creme.

Twirl

Bounty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Peanut butter kit-kat chunky

Squaredude wrote: »
    Peanut butter kit-kat chunky

Sounds awful.

• Advertisement

La.de.da wrote: »
    Frys chocolate creme.

Twirl

Bounty

You were going well until you mentioned Bounty....

Advertisement