Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Blackgator

1 hour in. Feels good so far.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Bugs galore on PC, second mission still unfinished thanks to doors not opening and game crashing, reddit up in arms lol, how many years making this?
    Apart from that its the division, solid shooting etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,594 ✭✭✭Glebee

Cant get in at all, game loaded originally but then had to patch. Wont load up after patch. Not sure what it is but ive having issues with otjher uplay games as well. Think ill reinstall the first game...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Are you getting a black screen when you launch the game? If so try this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/ao1xj1/black_screen_solution/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Just remembering the launch day 2 years ago for Div1 where there were so many people on line there were actual orderly queues in the safe houses in the game to log on to a computer terminal...:D:D

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,821 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Just remembering the launch day 2 years ago for Div1 where there were so many people on line there were actual orderly queues in the safe houses in the game to log on to a computer terminal...:D:D

Wasn't there some guy blocking the PC or door or something so you couldn't actually get started and there was outrage over it :confused:

Dcully wrote: »
    Are you getting a black screen when you launch the game? If so try this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/ao1xj1/black_screen_solution/

No, when I click play I get the division 2 pop up with the anti cheat logo, this disappers and then nothing. Ive had problem recently where uplay games are taking a good 10-15 minutes to start but nothing happening with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

any issues getting in on Ps4?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

like what i seen on streams so went ahead and bought it

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Sinbad311

bigphil2 wrote: »
    any issues getting in on Ps4?

FPS gone to sh1t for me. Was great all day, last 30 mins or so it's unplayable.. guessing more people jumping on at this time

• Advertisement

it's really fun, considering i hated the first one im really enjoying it so far feels more open. Pretty buggy had a few issues got disconected in a cutscene at the start which put me back at the start of the game and when i got to the area where you clear the way to the white house it had a huge wall blocking the way i had to delete my character and do it again. getting disconnected a lot, but really fun gun play. I hope they let us actually make our character when it goes live i dont want some random only character creation i hate crap.

Cant get Division 2 to work. Reinstalled Division 1 to see was it uplay but thats working fine. Going to uninstall Division 2 and wait until full launch to try again..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

played about an hour, it's not as...…..crispy? as the first one. It seems clunkier and the graphics seem a step back - it's a different character model - much bigger so it might just be different.
    Played a mission with three randoms, easy enough died once but got another guy up in a difficult situation.
    I'm going to lap this up, not too pushed on the beta just want the full game to release

I have no idea where my codes are, spent two hours trying to login to my uplay account last night. It seems to be tied to a dead email account but for some reason I was logged in on the laptop. Tried changing my password and changed my EA one instead, got confused.
    Set up a new uplay account today as it seems to be the only way to contact support, gave them hell but politely, still no response

• Registered Users Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Dunno why but my guys beard shadow on the wall caught my eye. The photo mode is a nice touch as well.

Really liking it so far. Agree with above, graphics seem less crisp and kinda clunky to move. Feels a bit laggy as well but enjoying it a lot. Will be a day 1 purchase for me.

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/1093580578224566272?s=19

ever since the bfv diversity debacle I seem to be playing as female minorities, I hope this isn't leading to a bigger problem

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,084 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

gimli2112 wrote: »
    ever since the bfv diversity debacle I seem to be playing as female minorities, I hope this isn't leading to a bigger problem

It could be worse, I ended up with a Mark Wahlberg lookalike.

Major work being done to the beta tomorrow morning, 3 hour maintenance window.

https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/status/1093571594801303554?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

One hour in on Xbox OneX and I'm pretty happy! just only unlocked the first settlement and the first mission. Some familiar stuff but others seem strange to be unlocking (for example your have to unlock weapon grips and scopes, I think!!)

Solo'd the first mission no problem only got killed twice and that was because I was still figuring out the whole armour thing.

One of the greatest things about Div1 was the matchmaking for missions made a lot of friends through it so I presume that will continue. But I like this idea where now you can call for backup in the in the LZ, haven't answered anybodies calls yet so I dont know will this be popular in the long run. Might be if there are some good strong gangs in the LZ that you actually need backup.

Graphics seem pretty good to me on the OneX, smooth enough and and haven't been kicked or seen any delta errors. My missus is out of town tonight so Ill be able to put in a few good hours tonight on my 75inch 4K HDR TV without her complaining :D:D

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

i'm going to need to go to night school to learn how to build a character, it seems unbelievably complicated and random at first glance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Pretty dire beta so far with the bugs and connection issues,loads of disconnects to white screen when reloading weapons..and those anti cheat disconnects jeez..

Just got a white screen and kicked out of session on PS4. I was trying to make some of the UI bigger like items I pick up, can barely read it. Couldn't figure out why I had no mini map and turns out I had moved it off the screen. It's good you can customise the UI but need a few more options. At least you can make the subtitles bigger.

Also, open minimal, scroll to SHD tab, hold square to disable On Call. No more 'an agent requests your help'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

It should be titled "The Division 2: Delta Force" . The disconnects are a fkn joke for a modified engine repeating a launch they should have already learned enough lessons from. I can live with new features being buggy but this is shamefully bad.

Other than that yes the environment doesn't have the same flare as 1 but still has it's moments, I particularly like the night streets being so much darker, well at least the 3 times I respawned in them during 30 minutes of trying to play. Gameplay is still fun but the movement does feel a little gluey.

I am really surprised at the poor technical state of this in such obvious ways so close to release.

Fuuuuuuck in the middle of a boss fight and boom white screen kicked from session. Gonna leave it tonight, see if the maintenance helps tomorrow. Really like what I'm actually playing though. Nice finding weapons from actually looking around the map and not just looking for white blips on my minimal. I can get over the lag/pop in graphics as I know they can be fixed for the full game

I really like the idea of settlements, building them up, recruiting special people to BOO.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

No issues like the above.

Just bought it so thats means something, its like the Div 1 at the start with more fleshed out stuff.

Was an early access Div 1 player got to 30 then waited as stuff came out, wasnt really playing at the end when all the good **** dropped. I have dropped into Div 1 over the years and was impressed but never really played it.

Sp yeah no technical issues other than whats know and good gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Needs more snow. If there's no blizzard like conditions in this then that'll be a major disappointment.

i did a story mission with a random group was really fun and looked lovely and really like the feel of controls, compared to anthem it's just hand over fist better.
    i get disconnected most of the time so i wont bother putting much time into it so i can get the most out of it at launch.

Does anyone know if the character creation is going this F to randomise ****e or that just in the beta ?

Devs confirmed character creation only has random option in beta but full game will have full creation suite.

Huge amount of detail in the environment. I'm getting a lot of pop in, delayed loading of assets and blurry graphics but when they do load, everything looks really really good. Devs hinted at survival type feature coming later and every free expansion will add to the map so I've a feeling they'll either use a bad storm or a blizzard of that yellow toxic stuff to create a survival type setting (pure speculation)

Advertisement