Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭KilOit

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Tried to complete a heroic bounty last night with Gs500s, its a BT squad on top of the building with the 3 masts.

Actually insane, took us many goes due to them rushing us regardless of class.

Gonna leave it for a bit, heavy chain guns lads rushing at you is a but mental. Location didnt help either.

Inspect their gear, any gs500 I see are wearing rubbish and doing the damage of a pellet gun. Did one heroic but we kinda cheesed it, loads of drops though, went straight to the vender as per usual, not really worth the effort, go down very fast out of cover

• Registered Users Posts: 27,886 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gimli2112 wrote: »

The chem launcher heal works much better on PC now..... apparently. Screwed up on PS at least.

Console pleb ;)

I honestly thought it was quick double tap RB on Xbox to self heal or press RB to draw the launcher and press RB again to fire it at other players when I was playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,547 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Chem launcher working fine for me on ps. Double click self heal, click once to equip and aim.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It used to be one tap heal. Now it's double tap but sometimes you double tap too fast or too slow and end up swapping weapons. It's far more unwieldy than it was before. I won't be convinced otherwise.

but sometimes you double tap too fast or too slow and end up swapping weapons.

Sounds like you need to git gud

/jk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

It used to be one tap heal. Now it's double tap but sometimes you double tap too fast or too slow and end up swapping weapons. It's far more unwieldy than it was before. I won't be convinced otherwise.

No, you're spot on, and you don't generally focus on your player model, so you don't cop that they've just pulled out the launcher. Before it was right handy, tap on love to drop a quick heal, tapping twice would drop a double dose, you had to hold the bumper down to aim it at someone else

I don't like the big green splash on screen when you deploy the chem launcher. It's like they realised the majority of players use the launcher and want people to try other skills instead.

Also I'm noticing a lot of AI coming out of cover and hitting me with bullets while their animation still has there gun pointing into the sky or completely away from me while they are coming out of cover. Seen this a few times in my last couple of sessions. Confirmed only one enemy left so not being hit by anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,886 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is it not Y or Triangle to switch weapons?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Is it not Y or Triangle to switch weapons?

It is but what happens with the R1 trigger now is it either equips the chem launcher or swaps back to your weapon. It's supposed to be
    R1 - selects chem laucnher
    R1 again - heal

What happens now is sometimes you don't know if you're holding the launcher or a weapon. There's a delay in the heal and you can start spamming the trigger so you don't know where you are. It's all fine and well thinking you just have to calm down and select the appropriate utility but I'm being shot to death. What was wrong with a one button heal? Answer. nothing!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    It's like they realised the majority of players use the launcher and want people to try other skills instead.

I'd love to try other skills, if some existed. I wonder if they'll add any?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So I finally had a day off and managed to get pass that cursed GS450. Something was definitely bugged as I was in WT5 and all gear would drop only 450. So I sow that vendors updated and I just bought some gear to push me to 460ish. After that finally started to see gear drop properly.
    So between today and yesterday I got to gs483. Did WT5 Basin again too. I presume each week it will kind of rotate? To keep it fresh and not just grinding one mission over and over as it's most efficient way?
    Trying to get Chatter box, but not sure if everything right. Did the hotel mission and opened both boxes, but got feck all in them. Went matchmaking again and when I opened both boxes they we're empty. 2 keys wasted. Are those on 24h cooldown in missions too?

P.s I know people bitch about whole gear score and progression, but so far, I still like it. One thing D2 does well, is that gear can be gotten in any activity and not just farming first 10 waves in waves mission on docks like in D1 :pac:
    Another positive is that you do feel more powerful with better gear. When I popped in to WT5 enemies would wipe the floors with me, but now I am definitely stronger and can be a lot more aggressive. I noticed that in each WT.
    It's very hard to do good looter game and it takes time. Diablo 3 took years to get to level where it is now, and even then it's not perfect. So far, I still have faith in developer. This game is still good and can only get better from now.

For the chatterbox you can only open the hyena boxes once every 24 hours. If you don't get the part you have to wait a day before opening it again.
    You can't even hop onto a friends world and try to open it again as far as I know.
    The three parts are in three section of the map. The Grand Washington Hotel has two and 2 in the open world. The other two parts are in other areas/missions

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

You are better off getting on Irish store as dlc is tied to the purchasing account. So if you were to buy the year 1 pass, you would not get any of the dlc or early access tied to it on your Irish account. Something similar happened to me with the Crew 2. Bought the gold Edition on my Canadian account and all the preorder dlc and gold edition content were only available on the Canadian account. Alot of Ubisoft multiplayer games do the exact same thing.

Yeah thats the case with all games in terms of dlc or bonus content. Got screwed over with Fifa before, all my bonus packs went to the US account. Im probably not too bothered with dlc etc etc though, would just get the main game if i bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Axwell wrote: »
    Yeah thats the case with all games in terms of dlc or bonus content. Got screwed over with Fifa before, all my bonus packs went to the US account. Im probably not too bothered with dlc etc etc though, would just get the main game if i bother.

It seems to only happen with multiplayer games, never happens with single player games. The easiest way to know is if the dlc is an actual separate download then it will be available on all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Okay, I just had a YouTube video with locations of boxes and managed to get other two parts in open world. Happy out, but I need blueprint and I have only one key left. Have almost max all others.
    Will need to wait for thing to reset so I can farm keys again.
    ChatterBox will be mine!

Have almost full set of Patriot set? Missing only one piece, but as mentioned above, it really makes hard to put on set and give up so many skills. Sets need to give better set bonuses or have ability to roll a perk from normal gear too.

watching a video earlier and think I need to make a third character to farm mods

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Was farming the Hardwire Bps today. Got them and crafted my first part. 452 gearscore.

What the absolute fk?? That's really pissing me off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Played the grand hotel 6 times for the hard wire drop.. nada. :(

I found a secret side mission in navy hill, got a sweet ww2 looking uniform. Led me to the g Phillips protocol mission which completed with me opening a door. The basement had some nice stuff but not mind blowing. I can see items in a room above me along with an echo. Anyone know how to get there?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭xPixelx

ewj1978 wrote: »

Isn't that a mission and it says open world so probably best bet is black tusk bountys?

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I found a secret side mission in navy hill, got a sweet ww2 looking uniform. Led me to the g Phillips protocol mission which completed with me opening a door. The basement had some nice stuff but not mind blowing. I can see items in a room above me along with an echo. Anyone know how to get there?

Go off out and around to the right. You can climb up outside.

As for the mission I believe it's bugged:confused: Nobody ever found anything there.

xPixelx wrote: »
    Isn't that a mission and it says open world so probably best bet is black tusk bountys?

I picked up a bunch of hard wire stuff in the Dark Zone yesterday. Probably quickest to farm it anyway.

What is it anyway?

watching a video earlier and think I need to make a third character to farm mods

Only slugging threw 2nd any tips on lvling fast ?

ewj1978 wrote: »
    ah appologies yes certain end boss missions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

How is the end game in this? Is it worth grinding in the hours for?

Im on level 23 and havent played in over a week can't get the motivation to turn on the ps4 and play it again.

How is the end game in this? Is it worth grinding in the hours for?

Im on level 23 and havent played in over a week can't get the motivation to turn on the ps4 and play it again.

Like any looter shoot more grindy and builds come into play and dailys I recommend you go all the way atleast you get a special weapon you've to train and LVL with and invest time in your character, maybe it's not for you I love it, it's a wide range of things to repeat at the end as you go up the tier system t5 is the highest and obviously the best get and proper armour sets drop, 8 man raids are coming soon and you've got the PvP deathmatch and the dz. To play in for me you either do 1 of 2 things at the end 1.stop playing 2. Invest in your character get the highest best gear slowly and you kinda get a sense of time spent and love the character and grind.

xPixelx wrote: »
    Only slugging threw 2nd any tips on lvling fast ?

if you save projects/side missions rather than cashing them in immediately they give enormous xp boosts at later levels, the problem is knowing when to cash them in, which I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

And today's patch list:
    Fixed not being able to fast travel to the Castle settlement.
    Fixed several cases of abnormal Bounty boss skill-use behaviour.
    Fixed an issue causing the Nemesis crafting materials to be unobtainable.
    Fixed Delta-03 error occurring at the end of Conflict matches.
    Fixed an issue that would cause the pathfinding line to behave abnormally when in close proximity to your destination.
    Fixed the “donating” sound playing repeatedly after having donated and abandoned a daily mission.
    Fixed an issue related to cache countdown timers.
    Fixed an issue where Specialization ammunition drop rate was lower than intended

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    And today's patch list:
    Fixed an issue where Specialization ammunition drop rate was lower than intended

Thank god thought I was doing something wrong about this, was getting like 5 rounds a challenging stronghold...

• Advertisement

Rob2D wrote: »
    I picked up a bunch of hard wire stuff in the Dark Zone yesterday. Probably quickest to farm it anyway.

What is it anyway?

To unlock the 3rd Gear Set available so you can craft it

BkIQEyp.jpg
    yHSZSzh.jpg

Advertisement