Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Updates from latest state of the game stream
    - There will be multiple Strongholds throughout the story to level 30.
    - Once you hit level 30, the final Stronghold will become unlocked and will be the final encounter of the story campaign.
    - There will be a Stronghold for each faction.
    - District Union Arena, Capitol Building, Roosevelt Island are the three Strongholds for each of the factions.
    - There are mission requirements to doing each Stronghold and require you to complete certain main missions before they can be played.
    - Once you complete the final Stronghold, the map gets invaded and the Black Tusk take over all missions and strongholds.
    - During this, settlements can also be blockaded which no longer allows fast traveled to them until they're liberated.
    - Once a Stronghold is taken back, the areas around it become less invaded and are available to be occupied by friendly factions.

- World Tier 1 unlocks as soon as you hit level 30 and also allows you to unlock Specializations.
    - After level 30, control points become dynamic and will constantly be fought over by friendly and enemy factions.
    - The factions become more and more aggressive as you continue to fight them and will want to reclaim more territory.
    - Bounties become unlocked once you meet a character named "The Snitch" during the story campaign and he will provide you with the bounties.
    - Cassie, the Gun Runner is a vendor that becomes available after level 30 and also requires you to have recruited The Snitch.
    - Cassie provides an exotic weapon, other high-end weapons and accessories and she will appear every few days.
    - Deck of 52 is a list of 52 named bosses that are in bounties that the Snitch provides.
    - There are four factions of bounties in the Deck of 52 and each faction will have 13 named bosses.
    - The bosses that correspond to the royal face cards are very dangerous.
    - Completing a suit of bounties also gives you special rewards and commendations.
    - After World Tier 4, new chain faction bounties become available where you must complete two hard bounties for a faction to unlock the final challenging bounty that is in a nearby zone.
    - Target Intel drops from enemies and missions once you recruit Otis.
    - Challenging difficulty for story missions becomes available in World Tier 4.
    - Daily and Weekly Projects appear after reaching WT1, similar to the daily and weekly challenges from Division 1
    - Tidal Basin will become available at a later date which will unlock World Tier 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

They are really packing out end game early.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Well they claim they are focusing on endgame,. looks nice on paper so time will tell but fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Jesus...did any one see the recent state of the game? The content post 30 is nuts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, I think it's sealed. I know what misses is giving me for my birthday day... Over a week early. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Well, I think it's sealed. I know what misses is giving me for my birthday day... Over a week early. :pac:

Peace and quiet so you can enjoy the new game your treating yourself to ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

And of course i am in London working the 12th...ffs

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Finger hovering over the buy button >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

^^^^^

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c81240036354d436ba4321f

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I think I have the 3 day early access. Presumably I can play it Tuesday? I probably will wait till Friday anyway tbh cos if I start midweek I may not go into work.
    Pre-load should be up this weekend for early access .
    All of us foaming at the mouth for a ubisoft day one release. What could possibly go wrong?

Posted before but for anyone who hasn't seen it and is chugging along the hype train, this is actually really well done, Ubi definitely nailed the different vibes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭KilOit

Still undecided on Gold or normal game, someone make the call for me :D

KilOit wrote: »

I always find with these decisions whichever we you go you'll always have some regret so may as well get the more expensive one. You may as well be unhappy with more stuff.

3 page preview of the new Lore division book coming out on 19th march. Art, lore and timelines linking the 2 games. Sounds good.

https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-gb/news-updates/345188/tom-clancys-the-division-lore-book-preview

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

KilOit wrote: »

I have that dilemma as well now...:confused:if I got even half the number of hours I got out D1 then I think it will be worth it. But I think I would get the same amount of hours if a didn't get the gold. I think it might eat me up seeing guys getting a jump on gear and missions etc a week early though.

I think I'm temped to get the gold alright

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Will power of a small child....pulled the trigger on the ultimate edition....see us out there agents

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So basically with the year 1 pass you just get the content 7 days early ?

• Advertisement

So basically with the year 1 pass you just get the content 7 days early ?

Yeah I think there are some other additional missions/events in game you can do and obviously you get a bunch of skins clothes and an exotic gun. Also you get a lot more stash space as well and in a looting game that's kinda useful.....

I got it for the stash space but this piece subsequently got very vague and now I'm not so sure.
    Some of the premium editions on games now are woeful, BFV for example seems to be weekly dlc skins and they're nothing spectacular. You'd be pretty annoyed having bought it for that particularly as the game went 50% off in a matter of weeks.

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Yeah I think there are some other additional missions/events in game you can do and obviously you get a bunch of skins clothes and an exotic gun. Also you get a lot more stash space as well and in a looting game that's kinda useful.....
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    I got it for the stash space but this piece subsequently got very vague and now I'm not so sure.
    Some of the premium editions on games now are woeful, BFV for example seems to be weekly dlc skins and they're nothing spectacular. You'd be pretty annoyed having bought it for that particularly as the game went 50% off in a matter of weeks.

The extra stash space is only with the ultimate edition. Copied this from reddit
    In general, players will start with 50 slots in the game. This stash space can be increased through 3 upgrade steps as perks by spending SHD Tech which they can accumulate from playing the game. These upgrade steps unlock 20, 30 and 50 slots respectively. This means that all players can get a total of 150 slots. The last upgrade step of 50 slots can only be unlocked when the player is level 30.

Players who own the Ultimate Edition are awarded this final upgrade step from the beginning of the game, which means they will have a strong and convenient head start with 100 stash space slots at level 1, without having to spend any SHD Tech. Furthermore, it costs more SHD Tech to purchase this TIER 3 upgrade step of 50 slots than most perks which gives Ultimate Edition players the benefit to spend their valuable SHD Tech elsewhere.

Year one Pass Details
    Year 1 Pass

For our most dedicated players, we will also release the Year 1 Pass, allowing you to get more of The Division 2, sooner. Year 1 Pass holders will receive several exclusive content detailed below.

The Year 1 Pass includes the following additional content:
    • 7-Day Early Access to Episode Narrative Content
      • Owners of the Pass will have 7-day early access to the narrative content only, included in all Year 1 Episodes.
    • Instant unlock of the Year 1 Specialization
      • At launch, The Division 2 will include three Specializations, instantly available to everyone when reaching max level (Level 30).
      • Throughout Year 1, we will release three additional Specializations for your agent. Year 1 Pass holders will unlock these new specializations as soon as they're released.
      • For those who do not have the Year 1 Pass, specializations will be released at the same time but must be unlocked over time through gameplay.
      • Year 1 Pass holders will also be able to earn exclusive cosmetic items with each Specialization's release.
    • Exclusive Access to Classified Assignments
      • Over the course of Year 1, Pass holders will have exclusive access to 8 Classified Assignments, which will provide more story behind the events leading to your arrival in D.C.
      • Completing each assignment will award you with a unique and exclusive backpack trophy to customize your Agent's look.
    • Additional Bounties and Projects
      • Bounties in The Division 2 are special tasks to eliminate specific enemy targets, while Projects are assignments to complete various tasks around D.C.
      • As a Year 1 Pass holder, you will get access to one additional Bounty per week and one extra Project per day for a Challenging mission.
      • This perk ends on March 1st, 2020.
    • Exclusive Cosmetic Items
      • Year 1 Pass holders will get access to these exclusive rewards: the Agent Ward Outfit and the Scout emote.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Bring it on , this looter addict is so ready :)

Arekkz latest endgame summary

I got the ultimate edition, so I didn't actually get additional stash space just early access to it.
    Just want to play it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

I went for the Gold edition from Simply Games,not sure about their delivery times for day one,but hoping I get it by wednsday at least

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

bigphil2 wrote: »
    I went for the Gold edition from Simply Games,not sure about their delivery times for day one,but hoping I get it by wednsday at least

Simply Games send with Royal mail standard post and it takes between 3 and 5 working days to arrive.

I only ever played through The Division 1 with 1 character. Spun up a new character last night and forgot how cool Brooklyn was, eerily quiet. Nice to be low level again as I had forgotten a lot of the early parts of the game. Just 1 more week (for non ultimate edition owning peasants).

I made 5 characters, actually deleted one fully levelled one so I could go back and get some staring white gear.
    It's always funny starting anew and realising how hard everything is without all your upgrades. Although I don't really want to make multiple characters again I'll do it if it has the same farming and stash benefits this time round. They better cap the number available or I could go ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Simply Games send with Royal mail standard post and it takes between 3 and 5 working days to arrive.

Think is it 1st Class post,but yeah probably going to be slow alright

Advertisement