Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

New DZ trailer is good, has a very "The Purge" vibe about it

Oh and is anyone going to try resist playing the open beta? I am not sure myself. I'm interested in seeing how the new TTK looks, but would be happy enough to wait for launch

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Oh and is anyone going to try resist playing the open beta? I am not sure myself. I'm interested in seeing how the new TTK looks, but would be happy enough to wait for launch

I played the closed Beta on Xbox X and going to try this one on PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Oh and is anyone going to try resist playing the open beta?

tenor.gif?itemid=12307891

I was desperately trying to find a reason to stay at home today but alas, I could not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,895 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

After playing the private beta I decided to give the open beta a miss and wait for launch so I won't feel like I am repeating content for the 3rd time at launch.

I already have the shakes and my resolve is weakening by the hour :D

I already have the shakes and my resolve is weakening by the hour :D

Can someone make it 17:30 please?

Already have a clan name thought of

"Got Alex?"

Already have a clan name thought of

"Got Alex?"

What do you think about honouring a hero from Div1?

"Negative Ramos"

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I played the closed Beta on Xbox X and going to try this one on PC.

Spent about an hour with it this evening and I really enjoyed it. Not sure whether to get it on PC or Xbox now though :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I said to myself: don't buy it on launch, it will be cluster ****. It will be a mess! Buy it few months later when it's all ironed out.
    Now as launch date coming closer and closer, I want it more and more. Division 1 really tickled me in all right places last year.

Hang in there lad. Stay strong. Wait the few months till there's a good amount to play. Personally probably not going to get it till next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I said to myself: don't buy it on launch, it will be cluster ****. It will be a mess! Buy it few months later when it's all ironed out.
    Now as launch date coming closer and closer, I want it more and more. Division 1 really tickled me in all right places last year.

Hang in there lad. Stay strong. Wait the few months till there's a good amount to play. Personally probably not going to get it till next year.

Problem with that the vast majority of the player base will be very highly geared and way ahead by the time you get. But I think you might be ok as the PvP stuff is now normalised. I'm getting day oneðŸ‘

Just played 1 hour last night and it feels easier went through the first mission solo and didn't get dropped. On the private beta I got dropped a couple of times. Could mean just better at the game though. Graphics on my OneX were a lot better very smooth on me old 4k tv.

I played on my original Xbox1on a 42 inch 1080p tv for a half hour first while my kids were on my OneX. Then switched over to OneX on the 75inch 4k HDR.....OMG ....What a difference. That old Xbox is not up to it at all :(

Not playing it anymore for the weekend because I don't want to be running anymore of these missions for a third time and spoiling the story. All good though.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Problem with that the vast majority of the player base will be very highly geared and way ahead by the time you get. But I think you might be ok as the PvP stuff is now normalised. I'm getting day oneðŸ

I no longer have FOMO. I can't be FOMO'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i jumped in to shoot some **** last night but i really dont want to ruin the game so il stop till it launched, feels really fun to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Have only managed about 15 mins of the game so far with other things to do taking over.

Feels nice though. I LOVED gears of war so this third person view has a nice feel to it for me.

Is there a horde mode in the beta? Or any multiplayer for that matter?

Or even when it’s released?

If it had I think I’ll love it.

Got another 20 mins or so in there. This feels good I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

there is and will be dedicated pvp. it wasn't popular in Div 1. I played very little. you were either getting smashed or doing the smashing. there are mixed pve/pvp zones called dark zones for looty escapades

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

gimli2112 wrote: »
    there is and will be dedicated pvp. it wasn't popular in Div 1. I played very little. you were either getting smashed or doing the smashing. there are mixed pve/pvp zones called dark zones for looty escapades

Not sure I’d like to pvp part. I didn’t in gears of war but I played horde mode to death in Gears2 so that might be up my alley.

Played the missions through. It’s good alright. Only at level 5, can get to level 10 according to the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭KilOit

Just played 1 hour of the beta and it seems good, very much like the first one, forgotten how much i played the first 1 till i seen my stats again.
    Confusing editions of the game with year passes thrown in, seems very steep

• Registered Users Posts: 29,490 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just played about 20 minutes of the open beta. Really enjoyed the private one and happy waiting for the full release in 2 weeks so will leave it off till then. Roll on Paddy's weekend.

Said I wasn't gonna play and seen all I had to see in private beta and was happy. Broke hard and spent about 3 hours with it over the weekend!

Good changes, grenade spam seem to have gotten better. Did it get a difficulty bump though? I remember I tore through the MLK Library side mission in the private. I got wrecked by the last boss "Pebbles" so many times last night wasnt even funny. I was level 3 going in, was this a level 4 mission? Also I sued to be able to checkpoints with relative ease, but it was damn tough taking them during the weekend. Not complaining just wondering if there was a difficulty bump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

the division 1 was pretty tough at stages when you were levelling up. much like any game of it's ilk if you take a wrong tun and run into the wrong enemy you can be in trouble. I remember doing one of the missions and it took about 1/2 an hour, all my bullets and much of my sanity and that was just the boss.

I've noticed that Gimili. It's not afraid of the hard punish if you walk in unprepared or dont respond to a flank and just think "ill get away with it..", spoiler- you wont

• Registered Users Posts: 29,490 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Open beta extended until Tuesday morning 9am Irish time.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Open beta extended until Tuesday morning 9am Irish time.

Just when I thought I was out......

Find it very, very difficult to see anything.

What do you mean? To dark?

It's hard to explain... it's simultaneously washed out looking and blurry while still being quite detailed and it's really hurting my eyes. Ironically, when it's night time it's much better. I've played around with the visual settings but it's still hard on my eyes.

Can't say I've had that now. What platform are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

It's hard to explain... it's simultaneously washed out looking and blurry while still being quite detailed and it's really hurting my eyes. Ironically, when it's night time it's much better. I've played around with the visual settings but it's still hard on my eyes.

Do you have a HDR display?
    What platform are you playing the game on?

Advertisement