Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match preview and thread: IRE v SCO (Sat 10th Mar 14:15) TV3, ITV & FR2.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

Podge_irl wrote: »
    It's not the primary role of a 10 though. It is the primary role of the kicker. It frustrates me to no end that in Ireland we conflate the two.

Respectively, I find this argument a little bizarre. (Not from you personally, it's been put forward a lot this week.

You're obviously correct in saying that kicking is not the primary role of the 10, but it is certainly a major duty for the kicker, who was Sexton. He had an otherwise great performance, and is a top class kicker overall, but he did have a mare from the tee.

Of course the kicker's kicking should be considered when evaluating his performance. If out lineout jumpers were awful, would we say 'well it's not automatically the locks duty so they played great"? And if Sexton had a 10/10 kicking game, including difficult high-pressure ones from the tramlines, would that be totally incidental to his performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Of course the kicker's kicking should be considered when evaluating his performance. If out lineout jumpers were awful, would we say 'well it's not automatically the locks duty so they played great"? And if Sexton had a 10/10 kicking game, including difficult high-pressure ones from the tramlines, would that be totally incidental to his performance.
    You're quite correct. But I think Podge's point is aimed at people who slated Sexton's performance based solely on his kicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

Getting an extension at the moment and my builder had to remove my sky cable today... do you know if sky go will have the match on TV3 live? I know some programs aren't available live on Sky go and I heard TV3 player live was fairy bad last game..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

andymx11 wrote: »
    Getting an extension at the moment and my builder had to remove my sky cable today... do you know if sky go will have the match on TV3 live? I know some programs aren't available live on Sky go and I heard TV3 player live was fairy bad last game..

TV3's player is an absolute disaster, but I'm fairly certain you should have no problem watching via Sky Go

MJohnston wrote: »
    TV3's player is an absolute disaster, but I'm fairly certain you should have no problem watching via Sky Go

Cool thanks! I've been testing Sky go all day and it was working fine until a film came on then it said it was restricted so hoping it won't say that for the game !!

• Advertisement

Can't you run a temporary cable in a window or something?

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Can't you run a temporary cable in a window or something?

I don't think it's connected to the dish anymore which is on the roof and I'm not Santa :(

I don't think it's connected to the dish anymore which is on the roof and I'm not Santa :(
    I can see why Santa would be a busy man. :D

Cool thanks! I've been testing Sky go all day and it was working fine until a film came on then it said it was restricted so hoping it won't say that for the game !!

Hmm, strange, then I would be less certain the match will definitely be available. The 3Player is probably fine if you're watching it on a hard-wired connection and on the laptop itself, though the picture quality is poor - I'm usually running it on wifi and trying to cast it to the TV, which is always freezes up with and then leaves me in an endless loop of adverts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,618 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Can anybody run a wire to Massachusetts, by game time. I'll be ur best friend. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Can anybody run a wire to Massachusetts, by game time. I'll be ur best friend. Thanks

Sigh....I called 4 bars, 3 of them said it was too expensive to show the game. Last one said the soccer will start at 7 am and they can put the rugby on at 11. The game is at 9.30. it's frustrating, nbc have the six nation's for $60 subscription.

Are u in Mass?

Are u in Mass?
    Yes in Brighton/Boston . Man it's like they don't want to develop a market and make money. Lots of bars would show it if it wasn't so expensive.

Right.i tried to find a bar before, but couldn't. NBC had the england v Wales match a few weeks back. It drives me nuts following along on the or the info. Are you on holidays?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,837 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Lads, make sure your neck ie Internet connection, is 'cric free' tomorrow at kick off time.

Don't want you pulling a muscle trying to watch the game ;)

Right.i tried to find a bar before, but couldn't. NBC had the england v Wales match a few weeks back. It drives me nuts following along on the or the info. Are you on holidays?

I live here now full time. So I go with rte radio and updates from any given newspaper. The upside is that Michael Corcoran's enthusiam is hilarious. One day I'll teach my elderly parents how to access tv3 online on their pc in Ireland and maybe I can ssh in and stream the game, I can only imagine the quality. I went to a guys apartment with a slingbox in Ireland and a vpn once to watch a game. I feel like we are in the emergency, rationing our entertainment! That set up where they charge $20 per person in a bar, where they employ someone specifically to collect the 20's, completely independent of the bar business is a crazy racket.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Lads, make sure your neck ie Internet connection, is 'cric free' tomorrow at kick off time.

Don't want you pulling a muscle trying to watch the game ;)

I will give it a crack!

Going outta my mind, trying to find the live streams and looking on you tube. Dog Botherer saved me for the cymru match. Lord help me, it's more than a ould jackeen can take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,275 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Get a VPN where you can choose your location like Hotspot shield or express VPN and watch it on RTE player.

I'm technologically retarded. I can barely spell vpn..I tried s couple of times but I fffff'd it up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Only 8 hours to go !!
    :D

25 point win for Ireland.

25 point win for Ireland.

Pace yourself...bit early to be on the beer...have a bucks fizz or 2 to ease yourself into the morning.

Pace yourself...bit early to be on the beer...have a bucks fizz or 2 to ease yourself into the morning.

Buckfast more like AMIRITE???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Buckfast more like AMIRITE???
    giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭7oakse

Huge day for Finn Russell today, I’d say biggest game of his career.

Perversely, I don’t actually think there was much pressure on him last week in spite of it being their biggest enemy at home. He had been shocking in the previous two games, and was viewed as a liability.

Russell isn’t a top class 10 yet but he could be. Think of some of the recent great 10’s; Wilko, Carter, Rog, Sexton..one of the first words when you think of them all is consistency.

Compare that list of names with Cipriani, Carlos Spencer, Cooper, Ford. Great players but not world class 10s. All very good but far from consistent.

Russell currently sits in the latter list of 10’s, if he wants to join the former list he will need to turn up week in, week out for club and country which is something he hasn’t been doing to date but today will be a step in the right direction if he can perform.

7oakse wrote: »

Perversely, I don’t actually think there was much pressure on him last week in spite of it being their biggest enemy at home. He had been shocking in the previous two games, and was viewed as a liability.

Russell isn’t a top class 10 yet but he could be. Think of some of the recent great 10’s; Wilko, Carter, Rog, Sexton..one of the first words when you think of them all is consistency.

Compare that list of names with Cipriani, Carlos Spencer, Cooper, Ford. Great players but not world class 10s. All very good but far from consistent.

Russell currently sits in the latter list of 10’s, if he wants to join the former list he will need to turn up week in, week out for club and country which is something he hasn’t been doing to date but today will be a step in the right direction if he can perform.
    I have a feeling that Russell is good when his team are on the front foot. When he's under pressure, he disapears a bit and can't get a handle on the game. England played directly to his strengths by not contesting Scottish ball and left him with the time and space to pick holes in their defence. He's good at that aspect, but only if given the time and space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,979 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Far too quiet on this thread. Yis are making me nervous. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Us walking into Twickenham if we get the bonus point today:

FamousFloweryFulmar-size_restricted.gif

(one year anniversary of this moment!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Far too quiet on this thread. Yis are making me nervous. :(

I'm making myself nervous, if it's any consolation.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭7oakse

prawnsambo wrote: »
    7oakse wrote: »

I have a feeling that Russell is good when his team are on the front foot. When he's under pressure, he disapears a bit and can't get a handle on the game. England played directly to his strengths by not contesting Scottish ball and left him with the time and space to pick holes in their defence. He's good at that aspect, but only if given the time and space.

I agree - but there’s probably not enough body of evidence at top flight level to form an opinion just yet. Hopefully he has a shocker today 😂

My nerves........shattered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

My nerves........shattered

You're up early. Couldn't sleep?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Wish I was a mod here just to ban you for that PartyJungle!!! Let alone the Johnny and Earls posts!

pc7 wrote: »
    Wish I was a mod here just to ban you for that PartyJungle!!! Let alone the Johnny and Earls posts!

Munster men do be full of divilment dontcha know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭knockoutned

I'm technologically retarded. I can barely spell vpn..I tried s couple of times but I fffff'd it up.

Pulled the trigger last week and bought the NBC package. I have a very good VPN setup, however I gave up on the TV3 player. It's appalling.

Play it through the appple tv and the picture is perfect. BBC provide the commentary so its all good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,900 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I imagine there will be a piper or 2 in the stadium ??

banning bag pipes for a Scotland match would prob be like banning the Haka for the all blacks

I was a Metallica gig in Glasgow last year and after it there was a fella playing bag pipes outside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

My rugby team has convinced a local bar to screen the match...biggest fairytale since Cinderella really.

So I'm off to enjoy some CHF10 (€8) pints...

Good luck and may the best team win. And if the best team is Scotland...well let Ireland win anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Went to craft beer event in the CCD last night. In tatters this morning. Doing nothing for my nerves. Stomach in a jock. I could comfortably defecate through the eye of a needle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Buer wrote: »
    Went to craft beer event in the CCD last night. In tatters this morning. Doing nothing for my nerves. Stomach in a jock. I could comfortably defecate through the eye of a needle.

I was there also.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Bad news, I'm not sure that skill is in much demand anymore

For anyone still struggling for ways to stream this one, TVPlayer.com is a legal service that streams ITV in decent enough quality (it's not quite HD sadly) if you are....in...the UK. Aertv.ie is similar for Ireland, but in ****tier picture quality. Both of these have free trials.

Rugbypass.com is an option if you're in a number of Asian countries, much better picture quality than any other stream too, though no free trial there I think.

Knockoutned, are u here in the land of plenty too.

Up since 530 am. Bleeding 6 nations....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Got last minute tickets. Waheeeeey!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

“I don’t think he’s gonna beat eggs”

“Bash a lad”

Jenno is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Fancy us today. Scotland are so hot and cold. We are nearly always consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

Murray man of the match today.

• Advertisement
Advertisement