Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That time of year again.... P60 watch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Anahita wrote: »
    I got a pop up saying it would take 2 days all going well. Entered mine and it's been about 5 days. Did you get any notification it would go in or did it just land in your bank account? Just wondering if it's worthwhile to keep checking the Revenue online website to see if the P21 is available to view online or just wait for the money to arrive?

Also, did you get a hardcopy in the post, too? Thanks for your reply!

Did mine weds
    P21 available online that evening
    In bank Friday
    Hard copy arrived today

They are very efficient that way in fairness
    Got a few quid back too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

km79 wrote: »
    Did mine weds
    P21 available online that evening
    In bank Friday
    Hard copy arrived today

They are very efficient that way in fairness
    Got a few quid back too ;)

Yes Revenue are very good and courteous.

The dept of ed however.... last time I rang the lady sighed and scolded me "why couldn't you be on the post 2011 payscale, it'd make my life so much easier.?" This is after 10 minutes telling me that I wasn't entitled to allowances any more and it was all consolidated into 1 payscale and I was getting the exact same as someone pre 2011 on the new scale. Finally she had the cop on to say someone else would get back to me when I asked her how long I've been teaching!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Anahita

Not me,...got letter through the door today. Getting audited for health expenses. I'm not stressed because I have all my documentation and original receipts (from med/dental but also what the private health insurance did and didn't pay) so it's fine; it's more of an inconvenience...

Just letting people know...this is my 2nd time being audited...both times it's happened the same year I have submitted large healthcare costs (all genuine).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Not me,...got letter through the door today. Getting audited for health expenses. I'm not stressed because I have all my documentation and original receipts (from med/dental but also what the private health insurance did and didn't pay) so it's fine; it's more of an inconvenience...

Just letting people know...this is my 2nd time being audited...both times it's happened the same year I have submitted large healthcare costs (all genuine).

Can't you scan them as you go and upload them to myaccount or do they want original documents?

What did the audit consist of ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Do they audit one year or multiple years?

Can't you scan them as you go and upload them to myaccount or do they want original documents?

No they want all the originals but as I said I've been audited before so I know the drill. They will accept the copies because they know that you sent the original to the private health insurer (so it's always a good idea to keep a copy of the original before sending it to the private health insurer). So the document from the health insurer saying what they did and didn't cover and for how much is adequate for them but they ALSO need the copies.

In some cases I also have the originals as I got duplicate copies.

In my case, this happened to me before because my daughter got braces and I paid the 4k upfront in one year. This time it's happened because I paid 2.5k in one year in monthly instalments and the other half will be in next years taxes. Plus I had a large amount of weekly visits for a particular treatment that racked up a large amount.

Do they audit one year or multiple years?

They only audited me for 2017 but I've been audited before in 2015. See previous post above.

What did the audit consist of ?

Sorry, I meant to say, you have 30 days to submit the original / evidence of expenditure. They send a letter with the name of the person handling your case.

Sorry, I meant to say, you have 30 days to submit the original / evidence of expenditure. They send a letter with the name of the person handling your case.

So just an audit of the health expenses rather than a full audit of income and expenditure?
    Now that would be stressful !

• Advertisement

So just an audit of the health expenses rather than a full audit of income and expenditure?
    Now that would be stressful !

Yes, just an audit of health expenses. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that! I'm rather muddled but thankfully meticulously organised when it comes to the record keeping for this task :eek:

I thought doing it on line might help but I am pretty sure it's just that there is a threshold (euro amount) and medical expenses above that amount for a family of a particular size or whatever metric they use sets up a flag and they send you this letter. Pain the arse but it's ok since I've kept all the docs. It does say they can retroactively request original receipts etc for 6 yrs so it's worth holding on to things.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I filled out the form 12 or whatever it’s called online. I reckon I underpaid PAYE but overpaid USC. All very complicated as was on maternity leave plus had 4 employers in total!
    I also submitted €3/4k from my health expenses which were mainly from having my baby. Half expecting to be audited!!!

Does anyone get the preparatory payment for JC or LCA? My wasn’t on my account with revenue with SEC....it was a tiny amount but still thought it might be on as I defo overpaid USC on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Anyone now waiting for their P21? I entered my P60 details on Saturday and still nothing..

Still waiting. Very frustrating.

Millem wrote: »
    I filled out the form 12 or whatever it’s called online. I reckon I underpaid PAYE but overpaid USC. All very complicated as was on maternity leave plus had 4 employers in total!
    I also submitted €3/4k from my health expenses which were mainly from having my baby. Half expecting to be audited!!!

Does anyone get the preparatory payment for JC or LCA? My wasn’t on my account with revenue with SEC....it was a tiny amount but still thought it might be on as I defo overpaid USC on it.

I didn't receive any update nor was I able to view my P21 online. That was my hint (to myself) that there was a problem. Next thing you know, I got a letter about audit for health expenses through the door. There was nothing about it on the online service, just by post. FYI, a friend did NOT use the online receipt tracker on line but had the same sort of health expenditures as myself and you and also got an audit. :(

I know it's necessary to check up on people but you wonder if all this accountability is worth it when there are thousands of people working and making money and paying ZERO tax at all!

I didn't receive any update nor was I able to view my P21 online. That was my hint (to myself) that there was a problem. Next thing you know, I got a letter about audit for health expenses through the door. There was nothing about it on the online service, just by post. FYI, a friend did NOT use the online receipt tracker on line but had the same sort of health expenditures as myself and you and also got an audit. :(

I know it's necessary to check up on people but you wonder if all this accountability is worth it when there are thousands of people working and making money and paying ZERO tax at all!
    I got an email with a reference number, did you get that?

Sorry forgot to say...I didn’t press request a p21....do I press that or do they do that automatically when you fill in form 12?

Sorry forgot to say...I didn’t press request a p21....do I press that or do they do that automatically when you fill in form 12?

Yes, I did get an email with a reference number confirming that i had completed the process. I'm not sure if that happens to everyone or just people who are getting further investigation (auditing).

Yes, once you add your pay info from your P60 and your health info (from tracker or manually) then it automatically will do your P21 within 2 days. In my case, that 2 days didn't arrive; the first notice I had that anything was amiss was the ltter in the post. I tried to log into revenue online and there was nothing on there to indicate I was being audited.

Yes, once you add your pay info from your P60 and your health info (from tracker or manually) then it automatically will do your P21 within 2 days. In my case, that 2 days didn't arrive; the first notice I had that anything was amiss was the ltter in the post. I tried to log into revenue online and there was nothing on there to indicate I was being audited.
    still heard nothing! So I rang today....turns out I pressed the button to submit twice so it got stopped apparently! The lady I was speaking to said she would do it this afternoon :) she was so helpful. Fingers crossed it is ok!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

I rang too today - there was a mix up in mine and initially it was coming up as an underpayment running into the thousands which scared the bejasus outta me buy when she talked me through it I could spot the potential error. They're looking into it and it should be available online in 48 hours. Lovely lady to deal with but left praying it ends well. I know I overpaid on emergency tax from.sept to Nov so hoping I get something back but worried now in case there was some sort of error. I'll be repaying it for the next couple of years otherwise :-===

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed happywithlife’n
    When I log in.....beside p21 it says “view”. If I click on it ....it brings me to tax credit certs for other years??
    Does it take a while to upload?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

I rang too today - there was a mix up in mine and initially it was coming up as an underpayment running into the thousands which scared the bejasus outta me buy when she talked me through it I could spot the potential error. They're looking into it and it should be available online in 48 hours. Lovely lady to deal with but left praying it ends well. I know I overpaid on emergency tax from.sept to Nov so hoping I get something back but worried now in case there was some sort of error. I'll be repaying it for the next couple of years otherwise :-===

I know it’s not a good idea to compare but I was paying emergency tax from November to the end of the year and I ended up getting nearly €3000 back so you should definitely be getting a lot back too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

When I log in.....beside p21 it says “view”. If I click on it ....it brings me to tax credit certs for other years??

I couldn't view on phone had to do it from pc. Loaded quickly then.
    Got alert this morning - my heart was in my mouth whole it loaded- 2.5k back. Phew

I couldn't view on phone had to do it from pc. Loaded quickly then.
    Got alert this morning - my heart was in my mouth whole it loaded- 2.5k back. Phew
    That’s amazing!!
    I got €362.81 refunded! I overpaid usc but underpaid paye then had my medical expenses so ended up getting a refund :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

2.5k back. Phew

WOW! Delighted for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

All this waiting will be a thing of the past as there is a new PAYE modernisation project being rolled out nationwide in 2019.

It will eradicate P60s, P45S and P35s. Payroll software will update Revenue systems on a real time basis so no more waiting ☺

Ninthlife wrote: »
    All this waiting will be a thing of the past as there is a new PAYE modernisation project being rolled out nationwide in 2019.

It will eradicate P60s, P45S and P35s. Payroll software will update Revenue systems on a real time basis so no more waiting ☺

Real time and dept of education time however are 2 very different things

Great you're all getting money back...I may still be due a refund once I get the original documentation submitted and reviewed. Like I said there is nothing that I'm worried about in my submission as all my health claims are valid and I have the receipts etc but it's just a formality. Worth noting though, that they do claim these audits are 'random'...so I suggest if the 2019 new system mentioned works and there is still a need to submit receipts for medical expenses, that you review what is and isn't eligible and use the Revenue App Receipt Tracker.

Good luck to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Real time and dept of education time however are 2 very different things

Fortunately for those paid by the Department it is going to be more or less automated. So once they process your wage every fortnight that information will automatically update Revenue records which means after 31st December your years income is on record and P21's or eform 12s can be processd online from early January

• Advertisement

Does anyone know how long refunds take to come into your bank account? Thanks

Advertisement