Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That time of year again.... P60 watch

Options
  • 05-03-2018 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭

Soooo, anyone get theirs:D

I have a friend who's waiting on one for a mortgage application, that's the only hold up!

Did someone say here previously that a P21 would do?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Soooo, anyone get theirs:D

I have a friend who's waiting on one for a mortgage application, that's the only hold up!

Did someone say here previously that a P21 would do?

I went in recently and they said a previous one would do as as a teacher there's never going to be a huge change. I got a letter in January from the department saying how much I earn, and that along with a previous P60 was grand for them.
    That said, I'd love them to hurry the feic up so I can do a balancing statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Received from ETB over a month ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

ETB's seem to be on normal employer schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Overpaid a heap of tax last year so waiting on it too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

They seem to be getting worse every year. It’s unbelievably incompetent from a government department. I worked in practice as an accountant for 10 years, and always would have gotten them in on time, maybe 2,000-3,000 P35s over that time. How a government department consistently breaks the law in relation to timely filing of returns and gets away with it is beyond me. I’m especially annoyed this year as we’d be due tax back. I’ve tried ringing the department, but may as well be trying to open a safe with a jcb. Pointless.

• Advertisement

I read before they get fined by the Dept of Revenue for being late. Is this true?
    I can't find the media report I read it in a few years ago.

I read before they get fined by the Dept of Revenue for being late. Is this true?
    I can't find the media report I read it in a few years ago.

Fines can be charged on late revenue returns, there can also be interest on liabilities. The ridiculous thing is that the p35 return for a heavily automated payroll system should be as simple as pressing a few buttons and putting the correct paper in the printer, it is not an overly difficult task.

Think I remember se3ing a figure before of 100k 're fine but can not find the article for the life of me. I was told it was an issue witrh the printers when I queried it last yr. Think it's from next year though that the whole system is changing and tax can be adjusted more easily payday to payday so no more waiting on a p60 to claim back

I spoke to the Department payroll today, the p35 has been sent to the printers and will be issued before the end of the month. So, anything 4-6 weeks past the filing deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Anyone non vec get theres yet?

• Advertisement

Anyone non vec get theres yet?

Still holding my breath

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

I emailed ASTI again this year to complain about it. On the 13th of March, I received this reply from them:

We have received the below information today from the DES.

“We can confirm that the first batch of P60s will issue later this week and the rest will issue during the course of next week.”

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Beaulieu

Pang wrote: »
    I emailed ASTI again this year to complain about it. On the 13th of March, I received this reply from them:

We have received the below information today from the DES.

“We can confirm that the first batch of P60s will issue later this week and the rest will issue during the course of next week.”

Thank God for the ASTI -where would we be without them. Well worth that sub isn't it;)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Liberal_irony

Still no sign, anyone in the same boat?

Still no sign, anyone in the same boat?

Nothing as yet

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dg647

I got mine in the post today.

Still holding breath

dg647 wrote: »
    I got mine in the post today.
    Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Got mine in the post today too

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭MacGyver007

As did I

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Same here

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

How long now until they turn up online on our PAYE anytime? I need the details to be up there to get a balancing statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

dory wrote:
    How long now until they turn up online on our PAYE anytime? I need the details to be up there to get a balancing statement.

You can log into Revenue online and enter the information yourself. If you click on 'enquiries' there is an option to create a Form 12 if I remember correctly from when I did it this morning. I know the balancing statement is a P21 but I think it said Form 12. It asks for total earnings/usc etc and if there's anything you're not sure on you can click 'more information' and a popup shows the area of the P60 to find the information they're seeking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭solerina

Finally, mine arrived yesterday.

Got mine. Can exhale now.

Speak of the devil.. Arrived this morning at last

Still waiting on mine and checked revenue last night and nothing up there either:-(
    So annoying. Need to do a p21 as I overpaid last year and want to use that money for home improvements over the Easter holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Anyone now waiting for their P21? I entered my P60 details on Saturday and still nothing..

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Anyone now waiting for their P21? I entered my P60 details on Saturday and still nothing..

Did mine Friday, money in Wednesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Anahita

Did mine Friday, money in Wednesday

I got a pop up saying it would take 2 days all going well. Entered mine and it's been about 5 days. Did you get any notification it would go in or did it just land in your bank account? Just wondering if it's worthwhile to keep checking the Revenue online website to see if the P21 is available to view online or just wait for the money to arrive?

Also, did you get a hardcopy in the post, too? Thanks for your reply!

Advertisement