Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feeling disheartened with trying to conceive....

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 suzb2

raggedyAnn wrote: »
    Wow - I really relate with you all. I started off getting pregnant quickly and then miscarrying twice. The second time was horrendous especially due to having had two scans where everything was on track and healthy. We've been ttc for 6-8 cycles following that and no success. AF arrived today and I'm devastated. I really had convinced myself it was our month. The hospital said they won't refer me for fertility assessment until I've had 3 miscarriages but I'm certainly not willing to wait for that. I've decided to book in for fertility tests to be more proactive. Can anyone advise a good place to go in Dublin? Do I need to go to my GP first? Really appreciate any advice you may have on this.

Hi raggedyanne,
    Not sure if this helps but here goes...
    I went through my gp. She referred me to the coombe and I have seen a consultant there. She organised my bloods to be done again and I'm going for a hycosey this week to check if my tubes are blocked. I'm hoping that they are so then I'll have a definite answer as to what the problem is. I have a 2nd appointment with the consultant after that to see what the nxt step is if they aren't blocked. I ended up going privately because I honestly would have cracked up on the waiting list for a public appointment. It took about 2 months to get my initial appointment. We decided to go down this rd because the thought of a privite fertility clinic scared the hell out of us. It's a last resort option for us that hopefully we won't need to use!!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

Feeling really positive with how things are going this month so hope everybody else is having a good month too!

How are we all getting on? Period due today and feeling really down about it! Trying not to be so pessimistic but also it’s so hard not to over analyze every symptom! Anyone else the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Fingers crossed for you nerd queen. I’ve been TTC since january 2018, am 38, had all fertility investigations done through well woman last year and nothing showed up. Did first IVF cycle at rotunda ivf in January, got one frozen embryo, (didn’t get to transfer due to medical issue that is now hopefully under control) and hopefully due to start fresh cycle end of feb. I’ve been following this forum and wish everyone the best for 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭babydream

Nerd Queen wrote: »
    How are we all getting on? Period due today and feeling really down about it! Trying not to be so pessimistic but also it’s so hard not to over analyze every symptom! Anyone else the same?

We have taken a break as we are in the process of moving house so said we would wait until that's done. We are starting OI then so fingers crossed this works.

I'm the same every month like I have one voice saying your getting AF and another telling you nope that's an early pregnancy symptom. I thought by now id have lost the latter voice

babydream wrote: »
    We have taken a break as we are in the process of moving house so said we would wait until that's done. We are starting OI then so fingers crossed this works.

I'm the same every month like I have one voice saying your getting AF and another telling you nope that's an early pregnancy symptom. I thought by now id have lost the latter voice

I hear ya! The 2 voices are exactly what I have! AF arrived this morning as I arrived to work. Great start to Blue Monday...... not. Really loosing patience now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Saysay19

Hi everyone,

Trying to conceive since my wedding last year. Early October I got the BFP but unfortunately that was shorlived in November, I was 7 weeks gone. While physically it was like a heavy period emotionally it tore me apart.
    My bff had her first baby this weekend and I met him yesterday. Talk about pain in my ovaries , he was just amazing as is my friend. I am so happy for them both. They are smitten with him.
    I have a little boy who is 5, my rainbow baby. I was 9 weeks when I had my first miscarriage and physically this was horrible. Emotional too but I think I got over it faster. If that makes sense.

Anyways I’m due my period this week. Deep down I know it will arrive and I don’t think I can handle it. We agreed if nothing happened by March we are going to the docs.

Like us all I’m fed up.

Spreading baby dust to you amazing women xx

• Registered Users Posts: 34 squigglyd

Hi everyone,
    A bit disheartened at the moment myself. We had our second failed round of IVF in October and to be honest it nearly broke us as a couple. We were both so, so disappointed, heartbroken. It's just so hard. It didn't help that I was having some side effects afterwards, very forgetful and confused at times. I thought it was a side effect of the drugs but with a bit of distance now I think it was possibly a reaction to the trauma of the whole thing. Feeling much better physically now and trying to get fit and healthy again after having a complete break from all things ttc related from Oct to Christmas. We needed it for our own sanity, however it meant that we both piled on a few pounds.

Now it's time to start looking to the next treatment (at the time we both said 'never again' but that has changed). I'm in a couple of IVF/Fertility Facebook groups and it seems like people just do treatment after treatment. I'm shocked to be honest and not sure I would be able for that. Also looking at maybe trying a different clinic and/or going abroad next time. It's so hard to decide what to do for the best and time is not on our side (I'm 41 now).

Thanks for listening, just needed somewhere to put it all down out of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fingersandtoes

squigglyd wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    A bit disheartened at the moment myself. We had our second failed round of IVF in October and to be honest it nearly broke us as a couple. We were both so, so disappointed, heartbroken. It's just so hard. It didn't help that I was having some side effects afterwards, very forgetful and confused at times. I thought it was a side effect of the drugs but with a bit of distance now I think it was possibly a reaction to the trauma of the whole thing. Feeling much better physically now and trying to get fit and healthy again after having a complete break from all things ttc related from Oct to Christmas. We needed it for our own sanity, however it meant that we both piled on a few pounds.

Now it's time to start looking to the next treatment (at the time we both said 'never again' but that has changed). I'm in a couple of IVF/Fertility Facebook groups and it seems like people just do treatment after treatment. I'm shocked to be honest and not sure I would be able for that. Also looking at maybe trying a different clinic and/or going abroad next time. It's so hard to decide what to do for the best and time is not on our side (I'm 41 now).

I had to reply. My failed IVF also nearly killed me mentally, physically, and financially. It also broke my husbands heart for weeks after to see how affected I was. We were devastated. I've had 5 failed IUIs and they were incredibly difficult but nothing compared to the failed IVF. Absolutely nothing. Mentally looking back I was a shadow of my self and it had an effect on me much greater than I thought at the time. That was in August 2017. Its actually only now we can think about doing IVF this year. I too wonder how people do numerous IVFs. Ive no advice just too look after yourself and your relationship. Feel free to pm if you want to chat. I understand exactly what you mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fingersandtoes

squigglyd wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I had to reply. My failed IVF also nearly killed me mentally, physically, and financially. It also broke my husbands heart for weeks after to see how affected I was. We were devastated. I've had 5 failed IUIs and they were incredibly difficult but nothing compared to the failed IVF. Absolutely nothing. Mentally looking back I was a shadow of my self and it had an effect on me much greater than I thought at the time. That was in August 2017. Its actually only now we can think about doing IVF this year. I too wonder how people do numerous IVFs. Ive no advice just too look after yourself and your relationship. Feel free to pm if you want to chat. I understand exactly what you mean.

• Advertisement

It’s good to see a bit of activity on this thread but not that people are struggling. In terms of me looks like I had a chemical pregnancy last cycle but no way to be 100% cos I didn’t test. So taking the potential positives - we conceived even if it didn’t stick. We go again this cycle! Currently in the fertile period so fingers crossed!

Advertisement