Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

November 2018 Babies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SuzieQCork

Verity. wrote: »
    I'm the exact same, it really helps me to connect with baby :)

I'm having a scan today to find out! Healthy baby of either gender is all we hope for *fingers crossed*

Glad it went well for you Betsie x

Ohh exciting!! Ive mine tomorrow week to find out, I cant wait!!

Let me know the good news!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Enjoy your scans everyone I'd love to go back again x

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Verity.

Well a positive and a negative I suppose. Baby is well and she pointed out thr heart and other organs. Strong heartbeat, all looks good so far. For that alone I'm very happy.

Couldn't see the gender! Baby was well covered up. I even had a walk, a drink and a sweet snack and couldn't get baby to cooperate so I'll have to go back in a couple of weeks. I figure the hospital can tell me the gender by then anyway (and can hopefully can see!).

I was quite disappointed we couldn't see the gender, and I feel like an ungrateful ass for it. But it does mean so much to me to know from a bonding perspective. I feel like I'm at square one now.

I hope you ladies are feeling well :) xx

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

Verity. wrote: »
    Well a positive and a negative I suppose. Baby is well and she pointed out thr heart and other organs. Strong heartbeat, all looks good so far. For that alone I'm very happy.

Couldn't see the gender! Baby was well covered up. I even had a walk, a drink and a sweet snack and couldn't get baby to cooperate so I'll have to go back in a couple of weeks. I figure the hospital can tell me the gender by then anyway (and can hopefully can see!).

I was quite disappointed we couldn't see the gender, and I feel like an ungrateful ass for it. But it does mean so much to me to know from a bonding perspective. I feel like I'm at square one now.

I hope you ladies are feeling well :) xx

Aw Verity that is so annoying. Baby wants to keep you guessing another while longer. Great everything else looks good!

Baby wants to surprise you :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭flandabieduzie

Two words - stretch marks.
    Keep using the bio oil. It's a ****ty ol feeling going applying it to see the little feckers got there before you!! Going to keep applying twice a day from now on and hope for damage limitation at this stage.

19 weeks tomorrow. Almost half way. 🀗 (that was meant to be a smiley face.)

Loads of movement the last week. Guess that's the way it's goin to be from now on. Gas! Literally ;-)

I think with stretch marks if your going to get them you will get them nothing is going to stop them x some people are more prone to them then others x

I think with stretch marks if your going to get them you will get them nothing is going to stop them x some people are more prone to them then others x

This, for sure. When I was expecting my first I was slathering bio oil over my belly for months on end. I stretched like crazy regardless. Honestly though? I don't really mind my stretch marks. It seems corny to say that they are a reminder of my pregnancy journeys, but it is true. My husband doesn't seem to pay any heed to them, so that's good enough for me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

I managed to get none on my first, I got one deep random one below my knicker line after my second and I have a lovely one smiling up at me from my belly button currently. I haven’t bothered with oils as I always thought you get what you get!

I’m back to being absolutely wrecked. Have a pain in my back which is really starting to niggle and is making lifting my almost 2 yr old near impossible currently. I am finally getting to the GP this Friday, although they have a practice midwife which is great so I get to see her.

Are anyone else’s boobs killing them? I never had sore ones on my other two but these are really annoying me.

I can't touch mine digs they are killing me xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

No boob trouble here, but I’m in the October thread and a few girls there have been complaining of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭flandabieduzie

Ya tender there too. Makes the bed time story with my little girl a little awkward. Had been getting great cuddles but now it's grin and bear it for as long as possible and try and change position.
    Still haven't told her about the new person that will be joining us, all going well. Don't know when it's best to tell her. Think I'll wait til she actually asks about this ever increasing bump! November is forever away if you're a 4yr old after all!

I know I havent told mine yet either don't know when I'll tell them tbh x

Jeeney I hadn’t a hope of hiding it from my eldest! She had asked me twice before I even turned 12 weeks. Not much gets past her though.

The youngest couldn’t be more oblivious!

So heading off on my holidays Saturday to Wales for a week and I am smothered feel like **** tbh I have it since Tuesday hopefully it will disappear as fast as it arrived I will need whatever energy I have to entertain the kids all next week :(

That’s lousy Betsy! Have you been to the chemist, they might be able to recommend something ? I’ve had a dose with a cough that has lingered on for ages but thankfully aside from the cough I think it’s more of less shifted. The chemist gave me some natural stuff for my throat and saline rinse for my sinuses etc . I hope you get some rest on hols, near impossible with 3 kids I know!

I did I went to the chemist I got a saline rince thing for my sinus that made me vomit :( I struggle with a bad gag most of the time even getting my teeth cleaned is an issue and I'm a dental nurse haha x the cough is wrecking my head what did he give you for the cough digs ??? If you don't mind me asking X

You poor sod Betsie, totally lousy when you’re pregnant.
    Is it a chesty, producing cough? This is what I had, I’d get such bad coughing fits at times I inflicted terrible round ligament pain on myself, I couldn’t move!! Not to mention the vomiting it brought on! All the chemist would give me was those natural cough sweets, they help soften the throat but do feck all for the cough! The initial sore throat, headache etc didn’t last too long for me. I hope you feel better soon!

Yeah chesty and phlegmy cough , oh will struggle on xx hopefully the heat over the next few days will cure me xx

Hi girls, hope you get better soon Bessie and enjoy your time away.

I haven't told my little fella he will be getting a sister yet. He will be three next month. He is totally oblivious so I am keeping it that way for the time being.

I went to my GP yesterday for my midwife visit. The nurse couldn't find the heartbeat and then the doctor had problems too. Finally they were able to get it. I have been worried ever since and haven't been feeling as much movement. I hate the worrying!!

• Advertisement

Oh holy moly cowlove you poor thing! Some fright you got I’m sure. They’re still just about small enough to be curled up in a way they can make the HB harder to find, I’m sure when you’re lying there waiting to hear it it’s like an eternity though. I hope you’re feeling better today! I can never fully relax until I have a baby in my arms, there’s a worry at ever turn.

Betsie I hope you’re feeling better if you’re reading this from Wales!

I was in with my midwife/GP last week. Lovely appt, all seems well. They both agreed on writing a letter to my consultant in Holles Street about inducing me closer to my due date, my GP was pretty adamant it needs to be discussed. My consultant had indicated it when I spoke to her but no harm having the GP to back it up! Extremely fast labours + absolutely no warning on either + third time round they take it seriously! I’m anti intervention if it can be avoided but relieved in a big way so I’m going to put it to the back of my head now until closer to the time. I am
    certainly happy at the prospect of not having to hang about until 42 weeks for a change!!

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the heat! Ice pops are my best friend!!

I'm the same Digs. I won't relax until baby is in my arms. I'll be counting the days till my 20 weeks scan next week.

That's great news about a possible induction! I'm sure it gets rid of some if your fears.

cowlove wrote: »
    Hi girls, hope you get better soon Bessie and enjoy your time away.

I haven't told my little fella he will be getting a sister yet. He will be three next month. He is totally oblivious so I am keeping it that way for the time being.

I went to my GP yesterday for my midwife visit. The nurse couldn't find the heartbeat and then the doctor had problems too. Finally they were able to get it. I have been worried ever since and haven't been feeling as much movement. I hate the worrying!!
    Do you know where your placenta is Cowlove? Reason I ask is mine is anterior and my GP was having a job trying to find a HB the last day I was in. I had to tell her whereabouts I had heard it last on my own Doppler. With a bit of digging around she found it.

Having an anterior placenta has really reduced the amount of movements I feel, and at over 20 weeks with my fourth I have to say how weird it is! For eg. I had our LG last year and I could feel quickening with her from 13 weeks. Baby has found my bladder though :/

I'm in hiding from the sun, can't cope with this heat. I'm just not made for it. Hope you ladies are doing well otherwise x

I’m beginning to suspect an anterior placenta here too. Although I don’t have my anatomy scan until mid July so I’m only guessing.

I did feel quickening very early this time, as I did with my other two but I’m 18 weeks now and the movement is still very fleeting and on and off. I’m sure it was much stronger on the girls by this stage. It’s a new experience!

Digs wrote: »
    I’m beginning to suspect an anterior placenta here too. Although I don’t have my anatomy scan until mid July so I’m only guessing.

I did feel quickening very early this time, as I did with my other two but I’m 18 weeks now and the movement is still very fleeting and on and off. I’m sure it was much stronger on the girls by this stage. It’s a new experience!

Your placenta might have moved a bit Digs. As I understand the bigger your uterus grows the placenta can change position.

On a side note, I'm back in the private clinic for a second gender scan tomorrow. I went for one two weeks ago and for love nor money we couldn't get baby to show off their bits. Cord was pulled down between the legs and curled up tight. If the same thing happens tomorrow you'll probably all hear me scream lol... I'm so impatient. So sick of saying 'him or her' all the time. The tech said the last day that she thinks maybe girl, but she can't say it with conviction. She showed me an angle but it was a tiny part that could be just about anything really. We don't mind which we have, but just dying to know which it is *facepalm*

Well I can safely say my cold has been burned out of me with the heat we are loving every second of the holiday kinda don't want it to end kids are having an amazing time, I'm exhausted from the heat and all the going but I'm not complaining at all,

I refuse to complain about the heat too Betsie, I adore it! Enjoy the hols!

Verity good luck today, hope baby complies. It must be very frustrating wanting to find out and not be able to.

I felt a good few digs down low today so I’m happy out. Still suspect the placenta is blocking a bit of it. My husband was optimistic we’re just getting a more chilled out child this time. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Well I can safely say my cold has been burned out of me with the heat we are loving every second of the holiday kinda don't want it to end kids are having an amazing time, I'm exhausted from the heat and all the going but I'm not complaining at all,
    Glad you're feeling better Betsie, and hope you're all having a ball :)
    I refuse to complain about the heat too Betsie, I adore it! Enjoy the hols!

Verity good luck today, hope baby complies. It must be very frustrating wanting to find out and not be able to.

I felt a good few digs down low today so I’m happy out. Still suspect the placenta is blocking a bit of it. My husband was optimistic we’re just getting a more chilled out child this time. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Or as I say to my husband, you be optimistic I'll be realistic :D

Well this time around the cord was still between the legs but she got three different angles on the baby and she thinks it's a boy! This is turning out to be a bit of a rollercoaster, just like our LG was. For most of my pregnancy I thought she was a boy :s

Verity congrats on a boy! I’m glad to hear baby complied in the end :)

Betsie hope you enjoyed the holidays!

Can not believe we’re at the half way point (well I’m 19 weeks so almost!). This pregnancy is absolutely flying by all of a sudden. Dying to have my anomaly scan over with, still another two weeks to go!

Apart from a ridiculous amount of toilet trips I’m still feeling very good (touch wood!). Hope everyone else is well!

• Advertisement

Verity congrats on a boy! I’m glad to hear baby complied in the end :)

Betsie hope you enjoyed the holidays!

Can not believe we’re at the half way point (well I’m 19 weeks so almost!). This pregnancy is absolutely flying by all of a sudden. Dying to have my anomaly scan over with, still another two weeks to go!

Apart from a ridiculous amount of toilet trips I’m still feeling very good (touch wood!). Hope everyone else is well!

Thanks Digs! Although we have been told he's a boy I think I won't stop thinking there has been an error until the hospital tells me so too. Scans have never been wrong for me, but a blood test was last pregnancy. The shock of finding out I had a different gender late in my pregnancy :eek: I'm sure the private clinic is right, but I'll get that confirmation from hospital and I'll believe it properly.

You won't see those two weeks flying in Digs. Glad you're feeling well, enjoy it while you can! :) Soon enough we shall have our pregnancy pillows out >.<

Advertisement