Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 17/2

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Gringo180 wrote: »
    When Madison Du Berlais beat Denman it was after been out for over a year and he was coming back after that heart problem. He was never the same horse. He won 1 chase in 10 starts after coming back, that says it all. But when both Denman and Kauto were at there peak it was the Tank who came out on top in the most prestigous race of the year.

If you think KS was at his peak in 08 when he never travelled, missed every second fence and was absolutely butchered to beat Neptune Collonge by a snot then you need a different hobby

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

akelly02 wrote: »
    If you think KS was at his peak in 08 when he never travelled, missed every second fence and was absolutely butchered to beat Neptune Collonge by a snot then you need a different hobby

3 Grade 1 wins including winning a King George hard held that season yeah sure he wasnt at his peak. Neptune Collognes was no mug and absolutely loved a test and Denman gave it to them that day absolutely running Kauto into the ground, he couldnt even jump fluently when Denman took the lead.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    3 Grade 1 wins including winning a King George hard held that season yeah sure he wasnt at his peak. Neptune Collognes was no mug and absolutely loved a test and Denman gave it to them that day absolutely running Kauto into the ground, he couldnt even jump fluently when Denman took the lead.

Denman had his day and it ruined him, after all his loving for cheltenham kauto still won more gold cups than him .

Kauto kept coming back for more year on year picking up 16 grade ones over fences compared to denmans 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

And on the handicap point, you are wrong .

How am I wrong? He ran in two and won neither

It's you who needs a different hobby.

Denman had every horse under pressure that day. Utter nonsense disparaging Neptune to make a point, the future national winner was staying better than the front two at the end. He was rated 172 for that race, 5lbs higher than Exotic Dancer who finished second to Kauto by 1 1/2 in his first GC. Mick Fitz said at the top of the hill he thought he had Denman covered and he said he just killed us galloping down the hill.

In the 2010 GC Kauto fell, did he not go a yard there or was it proper opposition in Denman and Imperial Commander putting him under pressure

In the 2011 GC he was beaten 11L did he not got a yard that day or was it proper opposition Denman and then Long Run

They were both top class horses, it's a real shame Denman had the heart problem but an RSA a Hennessy and the a Gold Cup in 12 months is a brutal campaign for a horse.

• Advertisement

Shemale wrote: »
    How am I wrong? He ran in two and won neither

He did win one .

It's you who needs a different hobby.

Denman had every horse under pressure that day. Utter nonsense disparaging Neptune to make a point, the future national winner was staying better than the front two at the end. He was rated 172 for that race, 5lbs higher than Exotic Dancer who finished second to Kauto by 1 1/2 in his first GC. Mick Fitz said at the top of the hill he thought he had Denman covered and he said he just killed us galloping down the hill.

In the 2010 GC Kauto fell, did he not go a yard there or was it proper opposition in Denman and Imperial Commander putting him under pressure

In the 2011 GC he was beaten 11L did he not got a yard that day or was it proper opposition Denman and then Long Run

They were both top class horses, it's a real shame Denman had the heart problem but an RSA a Hennessy and the a Gold Cup in 12 months is a brutal campaign for a horse.

In 2010 he nearly camedown after the uphill fence so that was the end of that

2011 finished tamely after taking it up a circuit out

He did win one .

I'll give you that the filter on ATR is showing two and he was beaten in both, I went old school and saw the one he won.

I'll give you that the filter on ATR is showing two and he was beaten in both, I went old school and saw the one he won.

Just thought I’d make you work to find out 😜

Just thought I’d make you work to find out ��

Ya bollix :p

• Advertisement

Ya bollix :p

Only for the racing post I forgot he won one aswell !

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Moscow is magnificent

Nearly 10 years on and people still arguing about KS and Denman shows just how magnificent both animals were really. Racing could do with another similar top class rivalry at the minute for the championship races. Such a shame the way things went Douvan, if him and Altior were going in to this Festival unbeaten over fences just imagine the hype!!A good rivalry in the championship races is one of the few things missing from the festival this year

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

Nearly 10 years on and people still arguing about KS and Denman shows just how magnificent both animals were really. Racing could do with another similar top class rivalry at the minute for the championship races. Such a shame the way things went Douvan, if him and Altior were going in to this Festival unbeaten over fences just imagine the hype!!A good rivalry in the championship races is one of the few things missing from the festival this year

It is great that it's still talked about. I can't remember a match like the build up to that 2008 Gold Cup. Everyone had an opinion on it

Advertisement