Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 17/2

Options
  • 16-02-2018 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

Haydock 3:15

Silsol
    really strikes me as being underestimated here tomorrow. He goes in the ground is certain to stay and is on a very good mark comparative to his hurdles mark. He was a good 5th in the Welsh National carrying more weight and got caught wide before the straight which cost him ground. I think Blacklion will struggle to give him over a stone. 12/1 is great value, as to me he looks a 6/1 shot

2 Points win 12/1 365/lads 11/1 generally

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lloyderz

Lucky 15

Ms Parfois 7/4
    Coney Island 3/1
    Presenting Percy 13/8
    Blaklion 5/2

Really like Ms Parfois. Absolute tank of a mare, and her jumping is superb over a fence. Getting 7 pounds from Black Corton too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Think the Waiting Patiently/Presenting Percy double is rock solid myself.

Absolutely love Top Notch as a jumper but just think Waiting Patiently has more of a change of gear than him, stays just as well and, importantly, will have race setup for him by TN. Coney Island is respected but don't think he has the speed needed here. Stayed on against a horse who went too hard lto.

Presenting Percy should have too much turn of foot for Our Duke and Valseur Lido too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Gold Present looks just that tomorrow 7/2 in places 9/4 most

Edit. In line with forum charter I should provide rational. Horse it beat last time out is a serious animal frodon contesting grade 1 later today mark protected with grand national in mind, opposition is weak tomorrow with a clear round he destroys this field imo my biggest bet of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Mr321

A Toi Phil 5s my only bet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Have Blaklion at 150s for the gc so hope he hacks up today. A win today would put him near top rated for it and they're debating whether to send him or not. Backed first Experience in the opener at Ling back to a mile he's v well handicapped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Have Blaklion at 150s for the gc so hope he hacks up today. A win today would put him near top rated for it and they're debating whether to send him or not. Backed first Experience in the opener at Ling back to a mile he's v well handicapped

Amazingly if he did hack up today he'd almost certainly be the highest rated horse in the Gold cup field which is mental when you think he got beat in a grade 3(I think) chase on his first run this season and will have only had 2 handicap wins since albeit of high marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Cue Card anyone?.................anyone??!!

Amazingly if he did hack up today he'd almost certainly be the highest rated horse in the Gold cup field which is mental when you think he got beat in a grade 3(I think) chase on his first run this season and will have only had 2 handicap wins since albeit of high marks.

Peculiar alright but would go with a good outside chance. Others dropping like flies and he's an RSA winner and looked a non stayer in the national. Would be shorter than Definightly Red anyway who is about 20 to back on bf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Ascot 3:00
    Solstice Star is a horse I've been expecting to return to form at some stage. I think this race and ground will suit him and although there are a few unexposed ones here in think he is a big price at 28/1. He will be carrying a very light weight with the 7lbs claimer on and that should make him hard to kick out of the places.
    1 Point EW 28/1 paddy/betfair/vc

Anyone think Identity Thief worth a few quid today?

• Advertisement

Id give him next to no chance. Just think he's totally gone off the boil and could be finished. I'll not be having a get though so good luck.

Cue Card anyone?.................anyone??!!

If ever there was a race to not bet on this is it. Sit back and savour it. If hes involved near the end I'll cheer him on for sure.

Just thinking about it to be honest. Probably going for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭mountai

Byrnes to bash the Bookies in Bumper again?? . No reason not to take a chance , wont be anything like the odds of last time .

Gowran 3:10

Although this looks a good race, I'm finding it hard to fancy anything. Identity Thief ran well for a lot of the Irish Champion Hurdle and got tired after a long break. I wonder will he consent to put in all in here. The couple of falls he took chasing seem to have affected him but I'm pretty sure he will come back to life at some stage and this might be the perfect opportunity. He seems more of an 8/1 shot that 12's

2 Points win 12/1 Generally

At the risk of being given out to for not backing this Ch'tibello seems more of a 4/6 shot and 6/4.

aidankkk wrote: »
    Just thinking about it to be honest. Probably going for it.

Ya when you see lagostovegas 6/4 surely he's worth a chance at his price. Still quite lighty raced

Ya when you see lagostovegas 6/4 surely he's worth a chance at his price. Still quite lighty raced

I can't get my head around that 1. I'd have her twice the price of Mick Jazz rather than half his price.
    Conditions not ideal for Mick Jazz at first glance, small enough field and bad ground but there should be plenty of pace, identity thief,forge meadow and Abbyssial all possible front runners and even the French horse Arcenfete won from the front over there so I can see Mick getting a good enough pace to drop in and aim at.
    I told myself yesterday I couldn't be backing him(thinking he'd be evens or a bit bigger) with Cheltenham so near but I see Black type have him 11/4 which is a bizarrely big price and I'm going to open an account with them to avail of it.

Mick jazz just been taken out as I've gone onto their website.

Mall Dini NR now

• Advertisement

Mick jazz just been taken out as I've gone onto their website.

Feck the 10/1 still about identity thief now looks exceptional . I'm not entity sure what beats him .

I may have an actual bet on that ..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

aidankkk wrote:
    Feck the 10/1 still about identity thief now looks exceptional . I'm not entity sure what beats him .

aidankkk wrote:
    I may have an actual bet on that ..!!

11s with spoils

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

BumperD wrote: »
    Gold Present looks just that tomorrow 7/2 in places 9/4 most

Edit. In line with forum charter I should provide rational. Horse it beat last time out is a serious animal frodon contesting grade 1 later today mark protected with grand national in mind, opposition is weak tomorrow with a clear round he destroys this field imo my biggest bet of year.
    Non runner.

Gowran 3:10
    With Mick Jazz gone, I think the 8/1 about Identity Thief is one of the best of the year so far. So well be going in again for another 2 pt bet. I just can’t see Forge Meadow having any chance. The w/o fav bet here at 3/1 is as nice a saver as you could see and looks odd-on to me

2 pts win 8/1 generally
    2 pts 3/1 w/o fav 365/sky/fred/tote

The 3/1 w/o FAV for Identity Thief in the 3:10 Gorwan. Looks the best 3/1 shot i have seen in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Think the Waiting Patiently/Presenting Percy double is rock solid myself.

Absolutely love Top Notch as a jumper but just think Waiting Patiently has more of a change of gear than him, stays just as well and, importantly, will have race setup for him by TN. Coney Island is respected but don't think he has the speed needed here. Stayed on against a horse who went too hard lto.

Presenting Percy should have too much turn of foot for Our Duke and Valseur Lido too.

Your probably right that is between TN and WP. I think I'll have a small speculative bet on speredek. His performance last time out was decent ( although hard to fully gauge) but he's been running well all year, so he's worth a small punt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Didactic Ninja

I've gone with Frodon.
    He is like an alt crypto coin. Started at the bottom and the sky is the limit. I think he has another big one in him.
    Cant leave him unbacked at 17's

Sao his half brother runs in last at Wincanton and is odds on fav

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Had an interest Trixie on

Presenting Percy
    Up For Review
    Ms Parfois

I went for

Our Duke/Ch'tbello/Waiting/Ident in a couple of trebles etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Non runner.

Damn it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Geeeedyup there PC.

Advertisement