Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vogue Williams

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

Only a matter of time before her extra curricular activities catch up on her is the rumour.....

What does that mean?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 409 ✭✭Sassygirl1999

What does that mean?

she plays rounders

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

I'd take her to the all you can Chinese buffet - evening menu too, no scrimping

Scrim Ping with rice is the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Was it Vogue Williams about whom Dustin the turkey said " I wouldn't know whether to snog her or give her some hay"?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Owl. wrote: »
    Was it Vogue Williams about whom Dustin the turkey said " I wouldn't know whether to snog her or give her some hay"?
    Sarah Jessica Parker or Glenda Gilson maybe? I think Dustin sort of faded away before VW became well known.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭TheDavester

why the indo have a hard on for her and Huberman is beyond me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

He's punching above his weight there.

I think they’re as good looking as each other. And I’m sure they match each other for wit too. That’s not necessarily a compliment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Why are twit's like this given a platform? what exactly does she do again?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

The hate is a bandwagon. "Someone said something scathing of a good-looking tv presenter - I'd better agree with them."

She's utterly inoffensive, seems perfectly reasonable and pleasant, and does a grand job. I enjoyed the documentary she did about juvenile boot camps in America. She's no Theroux obviously, but never claimed to be. Thought she still did a nice job interviewing the prisoners and guards. Was quite charming to them and seemed to endear herself. Not easy when these are tough tough folks.

It's not like she's preventing Expose or some ****.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

BattleCorp wrote: »
    An unfortunate trait of a lot of Irish people, they hate to see anybody doing well. We have a national sport of begrudgery.

What exactly does she even do, never mind do well at?

• Advertisement

her internment camp comments were ludicrous but her comments saying she was depressed or had anxiety attack over not getting over a certain amount of insta likes for her photo were moronic....vacuous airhead

her list of jobs were, being Mrs Brian McFadden, dj, model, presenter, documentarian, influencer, journalist - cant say she's talented at any of them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Vooooooooooogue

Vogue
    Vogue
    Vogue
    Vogue

• Registered Users Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I don't watch this woman's programmes.
    I tried, but I can't take her seriously.
    She has a nice innocence/simpleness about her which I suppose is part of the charm fo some?

When I was checking my emails on msn I stumbled across this:

Journalist from the journal.ie calling Vogue the Irish Louis Theroux... :D

http://www.msn.com/en-ie/entertainment/celebrity/is-vogue-williams-irelands-answer-to-louis-theroux/ar-AAAtbys?li=BBr5KbJ&ocid=UE12DHP

'No, no, no, he is not' was my reaction.
    Louis is a skilled interviewer who pretends as if he is simple and naive.
    He guides the interviewee gently.
    Vogue IS simple and naive.
    She just looks foolish and stumbles through it.

Fair play to her for making a career for herself and a successful one at that.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

'Influencer'
    Wtf does that actually mean

That loads of people on boards.ie hate them?

Vapid, and lacking any depth. Laughable that a consummate pro like Theroux is brought up as a comparison when there really isn't any.

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    'Influencer'
    Wtf does that actually mean

That loads of people on boards.ie hate them?
    Well-known people who get paid to shill goods and services (moisturiser, restaurants, mobile phones, etc), usually on social media.

Have nothing against them. It's the eejit who buys into it, and doesn't seem to realise that 'celebrities' are paid for the positive reviews, that I find bizarre.

I don't watch this woman's pregrammes.
    I tried, but I can't take her seriously.
    She has a nice innocence/simpleness about her which I suppose is part of the charm fo some?

When I was checking my emails on msn I stumbled across this:

Journalist from the journal.ie calling Vogue the Irish Louis Theroux... :D

http://www.msn.com/en-ie/entertainment/celebrity/is-vogue-williams-irelands-answer-to-louis-theroux/ar-AAAtbys?li=BBr5KbJ&ocid=UE12DHP

'No, no, no, he is not' was my reaction.
    Louis is a skilled interviewer who pretends as if he is simple and naive.
    He guides the interviewee gently.
    Vogue IS simple and naive.
    She just looks foolish and stumbles through it.

Fair play to her for making a career for herself and a successful one at that.

its articles like this why no one takes the Journal seriously and is perceived that its written by transition year sjw's

Well-known people who get paid to shill goods and services (moisturiser, restaurants, mobile phones, etc), usually on social media.

Have nothing against them. It's the eejit who buys into it, and doesn't seem to realise that 'celebrities' are paid for the positive reviews, that I find bizarre.

Not even well-known people, tbh. Some influencers have huge followings but are completely unknown outside that Instagram following. But that IG following alone is enough for them to gain lucrative sponsorships. Unknown IG influencers are almost surrounded by more yes men than well-known ones because they are not famous so everyone who chooses to follow them likes them.

Not even well-known people, tbh. Some influencers have huge followings but are completely unknown outside that Instagram following. But that IG following alone is enough for them to gain lucrative sponsorships.

i used to work with girl whose now a make up artist and she's so desperate to break in to the "influencer market" she pisses most of her wages in buying followers, and most of her posts get only maybe 10 likes at the most, drags her family out to take photos of her with her latest clothing purchases in "scenic places"....I would love if someone talked to her, its not working out and so sad thinking she's this Pippa one or Lisa Jordan or these nobodys …..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

i used to work with girl whose now a make up artist and she's so desperate to break in to the "influencer market" she pisses most of her wages in buying followers, and most of her posts get only maybe 10 likes at the most, drags her family out to take photos of her with her latest clothing purchases in "scenic places"....I would love if someone talked to her, its not working out and so sad thinking she's this Pippa one or Lisa Jordan or these nobodys …..

There's a fair few women out there who have that mentality. It's like they're trying to showcase their daily life to be more important and exciting than it really is, all done through Instagram and Snapchat.

• Advertisement

There's a fair few women out there who have that mentality. It's like they're trying to showcase their daily life to be more important and exciting than it really is, all done through Instagram and Snapchat.

Not just women. My husband works with a guy who wants to become an influencer. He spends his time taking moody shots around Dublin, sometimes even in the office! He has about 2000 followers on IG. A girl was supposed to start at the office who has 20,000 followers. He could not hide his envy, according to hubs. She lost out on the job due to her IG following though. Her prospective bosses thought it would be too much of a distraction from her day job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Not just women. My husband works with a guy who wants to become an influencer. He spends his time taking moody shots around Dublin, sometimes even in the office! He has about 2000 followers on IG. A girl was supposed to start at the office who has 20,000 followers. He could not hide his envy, according to hubs. She lost out on the job due to her IG following though. Her prospective bosses thought it would be too much of a distraction from her day job.

I miss the 90s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

why the indo have a hard on for her and Huberman is beyond me

Well Hubes is multitallented, a dote, and married to an all-time ledge slash deity.

Vogue is. Well Vogue is married to Spennie. The Spen Spen Man. Man's man, ladies man, Spen about town.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Narcissism has been monetized for the common pleb.

We're doomed!

her internment camp comments were ludicrous but her comments saying she was depressed or had anxiety attack over not getting over a certain amount of insta likes for her photo were moronic....vacuous airhead
    Yeah not good, but people are still overdoing the venom and just seem jealous of her because she's good-looking and getting bits of tv, at which she's really not bad. She doesn't act like a nasty bitch the way people are talking about her.

But no, not Ireland's Theroux. Jesus Christ. Just no.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

The hate is a bandwagon. "Someone said something scathing of a good-looking tv presenter - I'd better agree with them."

She's utterly inoffensive, seems perfectly reasonable and pleasant, and does a grand job. I enjoyed the documentary she did about juvenile boot camps in America. She's no Theroux obviously, but never claimed to be. Thought she still did a nice job interviewing the prisoners and guards. Was quite charming to them and seemed to endear herself. Not easy when these are tough tough folks.

It's not like she's preventing Expose or some ****.

If she prevented Expose she would be (like) my favorite presenter ever. (Did I put the like in the right place there?)

If you mean presenting Expose, I would have thought that is around her niche and level?
    'It's amaaaazing' etc etc?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

She seems like a nice girl. No Louis Theroux.

If she prevented Expose she would be (like) my favorite presenter ever. (Did I put the like in the right place there?)

If you mean presenting expose, I would have thought that is around her niche and level?
    'It's amaaaazing' etc etc?
    Dammit! I'd love her if she prevented Expose too. But the stuff she does present is a bit more interesting than that to be fair. I don't think she is as vacuous as is being said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Dammit! I'd love her if she prevented Expose too. But the stuff she does present is a bit more interesting than that to be fair. I don't think she is as vacuous as is being said.

Or just exposed herself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

If she prevented Expose she would be (sure ya know yerself) my favorite presenter ever. (Did I put the sure ya know yerself in the right place there?)

If you mean presenting Expose, I would have thought that is around her niche and level?
    'It's bleedin rapid' etc etc?

Fixed it for ya boy :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement