Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cobra Kai - The Karate Kid - Youtube TV Original (**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Just finished. Karate Kid defined my summer back in 2005. Left such an impression. The scenes where its 1984 and 2018 are just indescribale. Something about the transience of time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Season 3 is looking good, chozen will more than likely be back.

And I'm anticipating a face off between Chozen and one of the cobra kai sensei.
    I'd prefer if it was Terry Silver or Mike Barnes, Kreese is too old now.

Chozen is a totally different kettle of fish to Daniel, he'd be more brutal and has that killer instinct... Well should I say had that killer instinct.

He might have changed his ways and redeemed himself...

nthclare wrote: »
    Season 3 is looking good, chozen will more than likely be back.

And I'm anticipating a face off between Chozen and one of the cobra kai sensei.
    I'd prefer if it was Terry Silver or Mike Barnes, Kreese is too old now.

Chozen is a totally different kettle of fish to Daniel, he'd be more brutal and has that killer instinct... Well should I say had that killer instinct.

He might have changed his ways and redeemed himself...

Honour was a big thing for Chozen, so he could take the opportunity to regain some

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,895 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I am wondering now that Netflix own the series will they be able to get Hillary Swank involved at some stage as she is starring in another Netflix series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Just rewatched KK for the first time in 30 yrs or whatever last night! :eek:

Do I need to watch the sequels before starting Cobra Kai?? I kinda want to jump straight into it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

py2006 wrote: »

Do I need to watch the sequels before starting Cobra Kai?? I kinda want to jump straight into it now.

Nah, jump straight in!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

No. I do not remember the sequels and watched Cobra Kai. It didnt feel like I lost out on any references. Must watch the sequels to make sure though!

Great first episode! Larusso a bit of a douche! haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just finished S2, took a while to get going but got there in the end. S1 better than S2 but looking forward to S3. Man I would murder a few Coors Banquet right now.

• Advertisement

Great first episode! Larusso a bit of a douche! haha

Thought season 3 was out for a second !

Glebee wrote: »
    Just finished S2, took a while to get going but got there in the end. S1 better than S2 but looking forward to S3. Man I would murder a few Coors Banquet right now.

My favourite scene in Cobra Kai so far was the restaurant towards the end of S2. But yes, I would say S1 was probably a bit stronger.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Just finished it on Netflix, I enjoyed it but I felt it jumped the shark in the last episode.
    The school shemozzle was a bit ridiculous to begin with nevermind how it finished, thought Tory was going slash Sam's neck with that bracelet, and did Robby try to murder Miguel, saw a preview of the next series where he wakes up, if he somehow survived that he'd be paraplegic for the rest of his life, amazing lack of blood in it, I stabbed myself with a nail scissors a few weeks ago and bled more than that, frightening amount of concussions in it too, I'll probably give the next few episodes a go, but it feels like it's gone too ludicrous at this point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I only discovered this and binge watched it while incredibly hungover on Monday (not every week your team beat the champions 7-2)

Am I alone in thinking that Johnny Lawrence is just an older version of Jesse Pinkman?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Lashed through the two series.

Some horrendous acting but mostly in the background, really enjoyed it.
    Johnny is the man.

Some of those kids will be dribbling their soup by the time they’re finished high school, concussions everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

razorblunt wrote: »
    Lashed through the two series.

Some horrendous acting but mostly in the background, really enjoyed it.
    Johnny is the man.

Some of those kids will be dribbling their soup by the time they’re finished high school, concussions everywhere.

Who didn't ya like as an actor? I thought everyone apart from larussos daughter was fantastic

Not sure I like what they did with Daniel Larusso's character. He is a pathetic little douchebag who can't think or do anything right until his perfect wife sets him straight.

Also, anyone else notice the amount of scenes where either Johnny or Daniel walk in or out of a room only to have to take a double-take as the spot somebody they recognise.

Aside from that, I actually really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I would love to know if there was a bump in sales of Coors Banquet! :)

Who didn't ya like as an actor? I thought everyone apart from larussos daughter was fantastic

It's got the worst all-round acting of any TV show I've ever watched.. The only reason it works is because of the 80s vibe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

It's got the worst all-round acting of any TV show I've ever watched.. The only reason it works is because of the 80s vibe.

Totally unbelievable, assult and drink driving and not a cop to be seen!!!!

I love it!!! :D:D:D:D

I disagree. I think people confise a cheesy script with nad acting.
    Imo johnny daniel Miguel robby hawk and creese are all excellent actors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Daniel is not a good actor, he's reading his lines, its horrible. Scenes with him and his whining wife are excruciating. I hate that generic moaning American wife character that pops up in every show these days aswell. I devoured season 1 but 2 is a bit of a damp squib for me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Thargor wrote: »
    Daniel is not a good actor, he's reading his lines, its horrible. Scenes with him and his whining wife are excruciating. I hate that generic moaning American wife character that pops up in every show these days aswell. I devoured season 1 but 2 is a bit of a damp squib for me.

She's usually spot on, though. Her character didn't come across as flawed to me at all. The son, on the other hand, is a spoilt brat! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Yeah the wife is a good charachter; she grounds the show in reality and provides some perspective on the importance of a local karate rivalry. I think it works well to rein in the cheese and offsets it very well

Yeah the wife is a good charachter; she grounds the show in reality and provides some perspective on the importance of a local karate rivalry. I think it works well to rein in the cheese and offsets it very well

I loved her line in the restaurant scene where she tells the waitress that they the 2 guys have warring karate dojos

• Advertisement

Agreed.

Her real life take counters so much of the cheese

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭larchielads

If someone isnt charged by the cops for the carry on in the last episode and all those kids not get expelled and never be left into another school ill never know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,905 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just started this last week and flew through season 1, loved it. It's cheese but it pulls off the vibe of the original so well that it doesn't matter. Straight into season 2 and i need a Cobra Kai tshirt!

Just finished season 2, holy Jaysus what a final episode and what a finale! This has become my favourite show of the year.

Zabka is brilliant, just has great timing and reactions to the rest of the cast, since excellent underplayed comedy as well. Macchio is cheesy but plays the part really well. The only shooting kid is his son who thankfully isn't in it much. It's refreshing that it's not good vs bad kids, they're all just going through **** and it's not all black and white. Kreese was handled really well and the mannerisms he still has from the films is a nice touch. Hawk has been brilliant and really shone in that last episode.

Lastly Stingray, who the actor also plays a brilliant part in mma show Kingdom. He's part in the final episode was just so good.

I can't wait for season 3, already put in my cobra kai tshirt order with Santa

I guess for season 3...
    Johnny and Daniel team up to take up Kreese. **** knows what way Miguel is gonna be but he's across and character are doing a great job so hope they bounce back. Also, Ali gonna show up to stir up drama??

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just finished season 2, holy Jaysus what a final episode and what a finale! This has become my favourite show of the year.

Zabka is brilliant, just has great timing and reactions to the rest of the cast, since excellent underplayed comedy as well. Macchio is cheesy but plays the part really well. The only shooting kid is his son who thankfully isn't in it much. It's refreshing that it's not good vs bad kids, they're all just going through **** and it's not all black and white. Kreese was handled really well and the mannerisms he still has from the films is a nice touch. Hawk has been brilliant and really shone in that last episode.

Lastly Stingray, who the actor also plays a brilliant part in mma show Kingdom. He's part in the final episode was just so good.

I can't wait for season 3, already put in my cobra kai tshirt order with Santa

I guess for season 3...
    Johnny and Daniel team up to take up Kreese. **** knows what way Miguel is gonna be but he's across and character are doing a great job so hope they bounce back. Also, Ali gonna show up to stir up drama??

Great character. I liked him bringing his girlfriend to his friends house party because their parents were out of town!

• Advertisement

Season 3 trailer

As much as I want to watch that, I'm gonna hold off. This was my favourite show of 2020 and don't want any spoilers for season 3. Very very tempted though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I'm so excited for season 3 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Season 3 trailer

who is it that slaps Kreese?
    Russo's wife

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

Season 3 trailer

Great, now I can't wait all over again :(

Anyone know what the tune in that trailer is? Sounds brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Damn that looks good. And January is no time away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Anyone know what the tune in that trailer is? Sounds brilliant
    The captions say "forget old acquaintances .. and start the year ... like a total badass".

It's a guitar version of Auld Lang Syne!! :pac:

The captions say "forget old acquaintances .. and start the year ... like a total badass".

It's a guitar version of Auld Lang Syne!! :pac:

Didn't recognise it. Fits in superbly with the trailer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Didn't recognise it. Fits in superbly with the trailer.

What?

• Advertisement

I can just feel this season will be awesome.

Hologram Miyagi

Anyone confirm if Stingray is in those trailers or if already confirmed he'll be in season 3?

Anyone confirm if Stingray is in those trailers or if already confirmed he'll be in season 3?

I hope not. Pointless awful character.

I hope not. Pointless awful character.

I thought so when he first came into it but became one of my favourites. So many great lines and scenes.

qZY4KA9.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Stingray actor is Paul Walter Hauser.
    "Season 3 of Cobra Kai is now in post-production,” Hauser said. “I cannot say whether I’m a part of it or not but what I can say is that here in this season or next season, sometime soon, you’ll probably be seeing me pop up again."

Link to quote
    So I take it that he's not back for the coming season, but is back in the fourth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just after bingeing this over the past few days. Hands down greatest TV show going these days, can't wait for Season 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Just after bingeing this over the past few days. Hands down greatest TV show going these days, can't wait for Season 3.

It really is so much fun. It's a real binge worthy, switch off the brain and enjoy the fun of it show.

I got my daughter to watch it after making her watch the first movie and even she begrudgingly admitted it was a lot of fun.

Josh Gad is currently streaming a reunited episode with the cast from movies and tv show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

season 3 has been brought forward to jan 1st on netflix

Advertisement