Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cobra Kai - The Karate Kid - Youtube TV Original (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

peteeeed wrote: »
    season 3 has been brought forward to jan 1st on netflix

Best unexpected xmas present ever... Cobra Kai! Cobra Kai! Cobra Kai!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 29,679 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I could karate punch the wall. YUUUUUSSSSS

Something to look forward to on New Years day. Well done Netflix

Brilliant news.

• Advertisement

For anyone interested in games, Cobra Kai: The Saga Continues is on sale on psn at moment, 40 euro down to 26. Having a blast with it, old school side scroller beat em up but tons of upgrades to unlock, actually quite deep. You can choose either cobra kai (Johnny, Miguel, Tory and Hawk) or Miyagi Do (Daniel, Robbie, Sam and Dimitri). Each have their own moves and depending on what side you play as, come across different enemies.

It's definitely not a 40 euro game but highly recommend it for 26.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    For anyone interested in games, Cobra Kai: The Saga Continues is on sale on psn at moment, 40 euro down to 26. Having a blast with it, old school side scroller beat em up but tons of upgrades to unlock, actually quite deep. You can choose either cobra kai (Johnny, Miguel, Tory and Hawk) or Miyagi Do (Daniel, Robbie, Sam and Dimitri). Each have their own moves and depending on what side you play as, come across different enemies.

It's definitely not a 40 euro game but highly recommend it for 26.

Any idea if there was a patch for it since it came out - the original version was supposed to be pretty buggy wit hit box detection issues, any idea if they ha ve been addressed?

Axwell wrote: »
    Any idea if there was a patch for it since it came out - the original version was supposed to be pretty buggy wit hit box detection issues, any idea if they ha ve been addressed?

No idea about patch history, will check tonight if update notes mention anything on the console as i can't find anything about them online. I'm not finding it buggy at all, sure, sometimes i don't hit people because there a bit above or below me on screen and it's a tough game after the first few levels like any old school side scroller.

I've a few big games on the go at the moment, cyberpunk, miles Morales, ghost of Tsushima but this is the one I'm having the most fun with.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Just finished the first season (and ep.1 of second season) last night. This show is awesome. It's cheesy as hell and fairly badly acted by some of the younger cast, but honestly, Johnny's character and acting lifts it above all that. I kinda dismissed the show before because I presumed it'd just rely on nostalgia, which it does in parts, but it also plays around with it enough to not be bogged down by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

is it a full season drop on friday or week to week

• Advertisement

is it a full season drop on friday or week to week

Full season

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

This is bollox, season 3 not up yet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

This is bollox, season 3 not up yet

Jan 1st US time may account for that...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

fritzelly wrote: »
    Jan 1st US time may account for that...

Bull**** strike first, strike hard, no mercy sir

Episodes are live now.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Damn I think I was at that same concert as Kumiko.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Some awesome call backs to The Karate Kid 2 in the first 5 episodes.

The ending to episode 5 put one big smile on my face :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I was just about to watch this, then realised I can't remember a thing about the Karate Kid 2. Will watch that again first!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭ClydeTallyBump

Just finished binging!

Absolutely loved it!

• Advertisement

2 episodes done, will probably keep to 2 a night but could easily watch all in one go if i could. That had to be a Dog the Bounty Hunter easter egg in the first ep :)

Also, Ralph confirmed the writers have 6 seasons worth of content and him and Billy are on board for the duration.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Watched the whole lot in one sitting tonight and it was as kick ass as I expected it to be... and more...

Couldn't think of any way better to kickstart a new year...

giphy.gif

Just finished. Happy new year indeed. Absolutely féckin brilliant.
    Some great comedy is thrown in with tying up the old storylines and most importantly, no Sting-Ray or any other nonsense

5 points
    1. Loving Kreeses backstory and looks like TS is returning.
    2. Great to see Chozen and Kumiko make a return
    3. Poor Bert and the Mouse
    4. Alli still looking mighty as is Kumiko
    5. Kyler rocking the old school Diadora top

Another great season - hope Netflix keeps it going

Some nice choreography in the final episode - not Daredevil level but still good

• Registered Users Posts: 44 little bit of help

Just finished season 3 wow it's getting better and better. Can't wait for season 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The football scene is so bad that it even goes past laughably bad to just bad again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭paulbok

Just finished binging, really enjoyed it. By far the strongest season.
    They have found such a good balance of nostalgia and call backs to the original movies without it becoming too cheesy, and providing new twists to the story.
    I can see this template being used with more reboots than say the rubbish attempt at the likes of Knight Rider /Mcgyver.

I did have a couple of groans as to how the
    trip to Japan went, how convinient his business got saved and that Chosen could finish his Myiagi training, but can forvive it due to the short running time of the season

Looking forward the the next few seasons, though they are running out of old movie characters to return
    has to be Silver on that call at the end, wonder will Mike be back too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I was enjoying it so much I forgot I was on the last episode and I was gutted when it ended and that was it for now. Johnny is hilarious.

I did find it a bit unrealistic mind you that
    Dimitri's parents didn't appear to do anything about their kid getting his arm broken

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

What a show. The bit with Johnny on Facebook was so funny. The show perfectly blending cheese and nostalgia with a dose of realism and humour. 2 days and 10 episodes done and dusted. Just zipped by dimitri is so funny.

• Advertisement

What a show. The bit with Johnny on Facebook was so funny. The show perfectly blending cheese and nostalgia with a dose of realism and humour. 2 days and 10 episodes done and dusted. Just zipped by dimitri is so funny.

Thought it was hilarious when the tech guy told him you need to charge it and he says you said it was wireless

Advertisement