Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Ultimate Women's Champion Tournament

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

If Beth was in today's women's wrestling world I'd say her. But because Bliss is champ in a better era for women I'm going for her. She's had more to work with and can show more because of it. So Bliss

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Beth for sure

The fact she was a big deal when womens wrestling was not is a good enough reason never mind her superiority as a wrestler and athlete.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Finely poised a 3-3. Possibly match of the tournament so far. Only one vote in it...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Is it not 4-2 to Beth?

Necrominus wrote: »
    Flack it. I reckon Bliss is gonna win this tbh, and possibly should.

But my vote is Beth. Better champion imo, and criminally under used during her time.

Beth Phoenix for the semis. :P

Beth 1-0 Bliss
    gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Bliss for me. Far more interesting character.

Beth 1-1 Bliss
    Beth Phoenix. Bliss very overrated because of her looks.

Beth 2-1 Bliss
    sky88 wrote: »
    Thats a tough one id find them at similar levels as beths a better wrestler but alexas character is much better but ill go with beth but think alexa move past her in a few years

Beth 3-1 Bliss
    If Beth was in today's women's wrestling world I'd say her. But because Bliss is champ in a better era for women I'm going for her. She's had more to work with and can show more because of it. So Bliss

Beth 3-2 Bliss
    DM_7 wrote: »
    Beth for sure

The fact she was a big deal when womens wrestling was not is a good enough reason never mind her superiority as a wrestler and athlete.

Beth 4-2 Bliss
    Is it not 4-2 to Beth?

God damn it you're right. Y2J would call me

tumblr_o8mqzdizLt1u1ljrzo2_500.gif

Next quarter final is coming up and then I need bed. Still reeling from the Bohs vs Rovers match the other night :o

• Advertisement

After me having a bit of a blonde moment following the blonde bombshell match-up, we heat things up with two fiery red heads going head to head.

---

Lita

The Xtreme Diva

large.jpg

Hometown: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Finishing Move: Litasault
    Roll of Honor: WWE Women's Championship (4 times)
    WWE Hall of Fame 2014

VS

Becky Lynch

The Irish Lass Kicker

Becky_Lynch_protitle-6398006ce82e416a4f754f1e16710014-620x400.jpg

Hometown: Dublin, Ireland
    Finishing Move: Disarm-her
    Roll of Honor: WWE Smackdown Champion (1 time)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Suppose the Irish bias had to end sometime.

Lita.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Poor Beckster.

Lita wins via moonsault after what would be a classic match though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Sorry Becky

Lita for me. one of if not the best

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Yea lita for me becky is better i think but she has been used terribly tbh so lita for me

• Advertisement

A dominant win for Lita. We've one more fight left and it's a familiar one. Let's see who claims the last semi final spot.

Mickey James

Hardcore Country

tumblr_nhrcfcT9Sz1rg89a6o1_500.jpg

Hometown: Richmond, Virginia
    Finishing Move: Mick Kick
    Roll of Honor: WWE Women's Champion (5 times)
    WWE Diva's Champion (1 time)

VS

Trish Stratus

Stratusfaction Guaranteed

trish-stratus3.jpg

Hometown: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Finishing Move: Stratusfaction
    Roll of Honor: WWE Women's Champion (7 times)
    WWE Hardcore Champion (1 time)
    WWE Hall of Fame 2013

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Trish gets the W here. The storyline between both was great but it's not even close in terms of title reign significance. Even in-ring Trish has a slight nod imo.

Trish.

Gonna go with Trish. If you say women's wrestler to almost anyone Trish will come to mind. A far more significant champion

Trish for the above reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Michael Jim is a great wrestler but Trish made the bigger impact. Trish takes it for me

Ladies and Gents, it's the final 4. The semi final feature only the most dominant divas and wonderful women the WWE has ever seen. They're gonna need a whopping 5 votes to advance the grand finale. First match-up is down for decision.
    ---

Beth Phoenix

The Glamazon

Beth-Phoenix-WWE-Edge-Twitter-Wedding-Relationship-Marriage-694497.jpg

Hometown: Buffalo, New York
    Signature Move: Glam Slam
    Roll of Honor: WWE Women's Champion (3 times)
    WWE Diva's Champion (1 time)
    WWE Hall of Fame 2017

Beth Phoenix is the only woman to have competed in both the men's and women's Royal Rumble matches

VS

Charlotte Flair

The Queen

charlotte-flair-wwe-draft.jpg

Hometown: Charlotte, North Carolina
    Signature Move: Natural Selection
    Roll of Honor: WWE Raw Women's Champion (4 times), WWE Smackdown Women's Champion (1 time,current), WWE Diva's Champion (1 time)
    NXT Women's Champion (1 time)

Charlotte is the only wrestler to hold all three of WWE's active Women's titles, as well as the retired WWE Diva's Championship.

Next semi gonna be fun!

Charlotte for me. Beth getting this far is a great achievement imo. But Charlotte the better women's champion. First Women's Hell in a Cell, champion on both brands (should have been the first to achieve this ahead of Bliss too imo.)

Charlotte for the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Charlotte.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Going to be a comfortable win for Charlotte

Charlotte for her progression on main roster. She also established womens title as important and without her on RAW it has gone backwards.

• Advertisement

Charlotte for me too. Beth belongs in the final 4, but she's had an unfortunate draw here.

Much prefer Charlotte's in ring work

Let's be honest, this match is absolutely worthy of the final. These two ladies have been intrinsically linked for most of their careers and are actual best friends. I can't call this one. You guys will have to though. Try to give reasons for your answer here.
    ---

Lita

The Xtreme Diva

b031e8218dc168c1f15e1830e927dd9b.jpg

Hometown: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Finishing Move: Litasault
    Roll of Honor: WWE Women's Championship (4 times)
    WWE Hall of Fame 2014

Lita was in the first ever women's match to main event RAW and also was in the first ever women's Steel Cage match in WWE history.

VS

Trish Stratus

Stratusfaction Guaranteed

trish-stratus3.jpg

Hometown: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Finishing Move: Stratusfaction
    Roll of Honor: WWE Women's Champion (7 times)
    WWE Hardcore Champion (1 time)
    WWE Hall of Fame 2013

Trish Stratus retired as WWE Women's Champion when she won her record-setting 7th title at Unforgiven 2006.

Ah bugger. Relive the olden days of the first two women to main event Raw.

There's not really a loser here tbh but we gotta vote for one.

I'm going with Lita purely on the basis that she was more exciting in the ring. Both are basically even though

Trish i think she was actualy better in the ring slightly and much better on the other aspects.

Trish

She managed to rise above some of the crap entertainment booking they gave her and became a genuinely good wrestler.

Lita, for me, could never get away from her link to the hardy's and was not as great as a champion as Trish

Amazingly Trish started out as a valet but became worth more as a wrestler while, for the purpose of womens champions, Lita became worth more as a valet thanks to the Edge stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Both were significant for their time but Trish was the better in-ring performer and slightly more important for women's wrestling, so she gets my vote.

I'm gonna pick Lita to be the sole voice! A real trail blazer. Just as important in women's history as Trish. And her transition to valet for Kane and Edge after she finished wrestling was great also.

Lita for me

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I'm gonna pick Lita to be the sole voice! A real trail blazer. Just as important in women's history as Trish. And her transition to valet for Kane and Edge after she finished wrestling was great also.

Lita for me

I went for Lita too ;)

I think some people forget Lita's career was basically ended with her neck injury. Trish had longevity for that reason moreso. As I said before there isn't really anything between them imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Lita was a consistent botch merchant, who got herself injured, and was terrible on the mic.

Trish all day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,373 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lita for me, I think she reignited interest in women's wrestling with her moveset

Advertisement