Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shade in on the map the countries of origin of all the people you had sex with

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭muppetshow1451

wakka12 wrote: »
    You had sex with a greenlandic eskimo?

Or does greenland get filled in too when you check denmark

So is that a problem for you if did?You know there is no taboos about sex on greenland,this thread looks like virgin mary in comparison.

Flower124 wrote: »
    It's funny because the other way around it is completely different. I'm a woman I spend my life fending off sexual requests. I find that due to this I see sex as less of a 'conquest'. I see it as less of an 'achievment'. There is value in scarcity. When you have an overload of sexual requests all the time, sex takes on a different meaning. The more scarce something is the more value it has. So if men are obsessed with sex, and women are constantly harrassed for sex, what is out of balance? Are men lacking something in themselves that they are constantly seeking in women? Is there something they need to heal in themselves.

Thats why we are men and you are women.And if you dont like sex maybe try out as a Nun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

So is that a problem for you if did?You know there is no taboos about sex on greenland,this thread looks like virgin mary in comparison.

To be honest, I think this thread isn’t prudish at all. From what I can see, it’s being treating it jokingly precisely because sex is no big deal and people don’t wonder at it.

_Dara_ wrote: »
    To be honest, I think this thread isn’t prudish at all. From what I can see, it’s being treating it jokingly precisely because sex is no big deal and people don’t wonder at it.

Yep beacuse people dont have a fecking clue whats out there beyond the borders.The birds and the bees are a good start.

Yep beacuse people dont have a fecking clue whats out there beyond the borders.The birds and the bees are a good start.

The birds and the bees are the same everywhere. Birds and the bee sans frontières, if you will.

• Advertisement

The birds and the bees are the same everywhere. Birds and the bee sans frontières, if you will.

Yes for kids,not for adults.Would you say ireland is a liberal as germany or sweden when it comes to sex?i dont think so.Way to conservative and way to old fashioned.

Yes for kids,not for adults.Would you say ireland is a liberal as germany or sweden when it comes to sex?i dont think so.Way to conservative and way to old fashioned.

I think we talk about it less frankly. But actions speak louder than words in this respect and based on the predilections of people I know, I think you’d be surprised at what goes on in the bedrooms of Ireland.

Well, obviously I’m drawing on past crushes. The ‘stud’ comment was tongue-in-cheek. Say in college or whatever, people I fancied. Of course I asked some of them out or if they were friends, it’s easy to ascertain if someone isn’t into you.

I’m just pointing out that the notion that women can fall into bed with anyone they want if they are anyway half decent looking has not been what I have observed, going by my own experiences and those of friends.

You havent observed what i have then;)But different country,different style.

I think we talk about it less frankly. But actions speak louder than words in this respect and based on the predilections of people I know, I think you’d be surprised at what goes on in the bedrooms of Ireland.

Are you talking as a single or married now?Cause its a huge difference there.

Are you talking as a single or married now?Cause its a huge difference there.

Mixed. Why? You seem to be attaching a lot of conditions.

• Advertisement

Mixed. Why? You seem to be attaching a lot of conditions.

Are you saying that there is no difference in everyones sexlife when you are single compared to married 15 years with 3 kids?

Are you saying that there is no difference in everyones sexlife when you are single compared to married 15 years with 3 kids?

There’s many permutations. What point did you want to make about Ireland compared to other countries?

There’s many permutations. What point did you want to make about Ireland compared to other countries?

I allready said it,Ireland is way to old fashioned and conservative about sex.
    Even the sex education in schools are out of date.
    Good thing we have internet.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Plus one. Yes some European cultures are more open on the surface, but it has been my general experience that Irish people are bout the same as far as sexual experience goes. Indeed I would say it's easier to pull a one night stand here than in many European cultures. Among the average person's set anyway(all cultures have some that are more hedonistic than background and some that are less).

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Plus one. Yes some European cultures are more open on the surface, but it has been my general experience that Irish people are bout the same as far as sexual experience goes. Indeed I would say it's easier to pull a one night stand here than in many European cultures. Among the average person's set anyway(all cultures have some that are more hedonistic than background and some that are less).

Then you havent been much around;)Its easier pulling a woman in scandinavia,germany or Britain than in Ireland.Irish women seems very stuck up in comparison if you ask me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Then you havent been much around;)Its easier pulling a woman in scandinavia,germany or Britain than in Ireland.Irish women seems very stuck up in comparison if you ask me.

What does “stuck up” mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

lol thats not what i meant
    I just found it interesting because greenland has such a tiny insular nomadic population

wakka12 wrote: »
    lol thats not what i meant
    I just found it interesting because greenland has such a tiny insular nomadic population

Its not only the inuits that lives there;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Then you havent been much around;)Its easier pulling a woman in scandinavia,germany or Britain than in Ireland.
    I've been around enough and you'll note I said "many" European cultures. Britain is on about a par with here, Sweden slightly easier(dunno about Norway, or Finland), Germany depends. Italy, Spain, even France much less so. Could be down to the drinking culture mind you. The Brits like us can drink like thirsty fish, the Swedes can make an art of getting utterly blotto and the Germans are fond of a pint as well. The Latin types while liking a drop tend not to descend to the falling down, out of their face level nearly as much as Northern Europeans(or Eastern Europeans, the men anyway, women less so) in general. Of course this depends on local variability in local cultures. Different habits among different socioeconomic groups and all that.

In any case this lazy stereotype of the Irish being prudish non sexual types is old hat(and the usual Irish loathing bollocks) and hasn't been the case for at least a generation. If this were say the 1970's I'd agree with you, but not today. The gulf in attitudes and sexual experience between those two dates is vast.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

faceman wrote: »
    What does “stuck up” mean?
    "Doesn't want to screw me" seems to cover it for the most part.

• Advertisement

I've been around enough and you'll note I said "many" European cultures. Britain is on about a par with here, Sweden slightly easier(dunno about Norway, or Finland), Germany depends. Italy, Spain, even France much less so. Could be down to the drinking culture mind you. The Brits like us can drink like thirsty fish, the Swedes can make an art of getting utterly blotto and the Germans are fond of a pint as well. The Latin types while liking a drop tend not to descend to the falling down, out of their face level nearly as much as Northern Europeans(or Eastern Europeans, the men anyway, women less so) in general. Of course this depends on local variability in local cultures. Different habits among different socioeconomic groups and all that.

In any case this lazy stereotype of the Irish being prudish non sexual types is old hat(and the usual Irish loathing bollocks) and hasn't been the case for at least a generation. If this were say the 1970's I'd agree with you, but not today. The gulf in attitudes and sexual experience between those two dates is vast.

Ah the old lets blame alcohol culture.
    I am sure most women have their sober moments as well where they can use their charm and intelligence for a conversation.In ireland the cold shoulder seem to work really well too amongst women,drunk or sober.
    And one place i am not looking for women is in Ireland.I gave that up long time ago.Id rather have a good time in Germany,Sweden,Denmark,Russia or Norway where women have time for you.

"Doesn't want to screw me" seems to cover it for the most part.

To high on herself i guess,to busy looking in the mirror,only me and myself thats what matters.

Ah the old lets blame alcohol culture.
    To deny a local drinking culture is a factor, one of many, but a factor, is head in the sand territory.
    To high on herself i guess,to busy looking in the mirror,only me and myself thats what matters.
    In ireland the cold shoulder seem to work really well too amongst women,drunk or sober.

You do realise that you will hear almost exactly the same thing from men about "their" women in other European countries. I know, I've heard them. A lot. In my life I've have gone out with more non Irish women than Irish(the locals smell my BS early :D) and have been around their friends "in country" so got to see another side. There is very much a grass is always greener thing going on almost worldwide(not just about women either). There may be a biological reason for it it's so commonplace.
    And one place i am not looking for women is in Ireland.I gave that up long time ago.
    I've heard that too from men from all over the place. You could swap out Ireland for every single other country you mentioned(though compared to most the Irish have about the lowest self confidence in such matters). There is a huge factor of the exotic going on. Both from the guy thinking it and the "local" women thinking of it of the guy. The guy feels more confident and this is expressed in confirmation bias about the "exotic" women. Because he's more confident and less oddball with less baggage and impressions going in than he may have at home he does better and people tend to prefer the different so he will get more results anyway and will focus on that.

One's worldview directly informs one's experience. That's a cast iron given. Look at the poster who earlier in the thread(and others) was going on about how Irish men are lecherous gits only out for one thing etc. That's her worldview, one that doesn't bear much by way of objective scrutiny and yet that has framed her reality and has become her reality. And since people have a tendency to want to be proven right rather than be happy...

As for Ireland? Last night after a long hiatus in going out I was invited by a mate and his friends to have a few scoops in Dublin and had the craic with them and random folks we/I bumped into and I ended up with two women's phone numbers and I certainly wasn't "on the pull" and Brad Pitt I most certainly am not. Though I will talk to the wall, aren't some stony faced curmudgeon with resting whinge face and because I'm not particularly looking for anything, DGAF as far as "pulling" goes. Relax, forget about getting the leg over, enjoy yourself, encourage others to enjoy themselves, hang out with sound people of both sexes and Bob's your mother's brother. Works everywhere and which you're more likely to do if you're in another country, because of reasons I've observed above. Basically don't be a resentful dry sh1te and you'll be grand. IMHO anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I think the jokiness towards is the OP is because people are amused at him wondering at sex. :) It’s sex. It’s not rare. We are all here because of sex.

Speak for yerself - I was found under a cabbage leaf!

I found the OP hillarious- I wonder does he also glue his used johnies to the headboard as well ;)

Reminds me of years ago with some of the kids at school bragging about sex when god love them they were still as green as grass but anyway definitely a classic for AHs....

To deny a local drinking culture is a factor, one of many, but a factor, is head in the sand territory.

You do realise that you will hear almost exactly the same thing from men about "their" women in other European countries. I know, I've heard them. A lot. In my life I've have gone out with more non Irish women than Irish(the locals smell my BS early :D) and have been around their friends "in country" so got to see another side. There is very much a grass is always greener thing going on almost worldwide(not just about women either). There may be a biological reason for it it's so commonplace.

I've heard that too from men from all over the place. You could swap out Ireland for every single other country you mentioned(though compared to most the Irish have about the lowest self confidence in such matters). There is a huge factor of the exotic going on. Both from the guy thinking it and the "local" women thinking of it of the guy. The guy feels more confident and this is expressed in confirmation bias about the "exotic" women. Because he's more confident and less oddball with less baggage and impressions going in than he may have at home he does better and people tend to prefer the different so he will get more results anyway and will focus on that.

One's worldview directly informs one's experience. That's a cast iron given. Look at the poster who earlier in the thread(and others) was going on about how Irish men are lecherous gits only out for one thing etc. That's her worldview, one that doesn't bear much by way of objective scrutiny and yet that has framed her reality and has become her reality. And since people have a tendency to want to be proven right rather than be happy...

As for Ireland? Last night after a long hiatus in going out I was invited by a mate and his friends to have a few scoops in Dublin and had the craic with them and random folks we/I bumped into and I ended up with two women's phone numbers and I certainly wasn't "on the pull" and Brad Pitt I most certainly am not. Though I will talk to the wall, aren't some stony faced curmudgeon with resting whinge face and because I'm not particularly looking for anything, DGAF as far as "pulling" goes. Relax, forget about getting the leg over, enjoy yourself, encourage others to enjoy themselves, hang out with sound people of both sexes and Bob's your mother's brother. Works everywhere and which you're more likely to do if you're in another country, because of reasons I've observed above. Basically don't be a resentful dry sh1te and you'll be grand. IMHO anyway.

I hope you realise i am not irish,so i guess your theory just went down the drain.
    In my homecountry before i moved to Ireland it was alot easier and also in any other European country i have been,its alot easier to pull a woman than in Ireland.
    And yes i have had alot of good times in Ireland and the people are the best when it comes to hospitality and friendship,but that doesnt change the attitude of the women,and i have travelled for the last 30 years all over the world,and i know how women are both good and bad.

I hope you realise i am not irish,so i guess your theory just went down the drain.
    Hardly. One experience is not any guide to the wider experience. I can easily point to Irish men who say they find Irish women "the best". Same for men of any nation about the local ladies. You not being Irish might be a factor too. I have noticed that Irish women in general less open to foreign men than Irish men are about foreign women. I know and have known far more Irish men with non Irish women than the other way around.

conorhal wrote: »
    20 pint's 'between' you? :eek:

Talk about passing out in a puddle of disappointment..

Thats foreplay:D

Hardly. One experience is not any guide to the wider experience. I can easily point to Irish men who say they find Irish women "the best". Same for men of any nation about the local ladies. You not being Irish might be a factor too. I have noticed that Irish women in general less open to foreign men than Irish men are about foreign women. I know and have known far more Irish men with non Irish women than the other way around.

Ah so finally we have found the problem,irish women in general less open to foreign men.That explains it pretty much.Now you know why i am not pulling anyone in Ireland,waste of time.
    Thank you.So i was right afterall.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Dadzilla

Ah so finally we have found the problem,irish women in general less open to foreign men.That explains it pretty much.Now you know why i am not pulling anyone in Ireland,waste of time.
    Thank you.So i was right afterall.;)

Nationality has nothing to do with it. Women are just adverse to chauvinists who brag about their bedroom conquests. You’re hardly relationship material.

I was an idiot when I was 27 too, you’ll grow out of it. ;)

• Advertisement

Dadzilla wrote: »
    Nationality has nothing to do with it. Women are just adverse to chauvinists who brag about their bedroom conquests. You’re hardly relationship material.

I was an idiot when I was 27 too, you’ll grow out of it. ;)

Ah i see,you think a good pick up line is saying how many women you have conqured?And how do you even know if i am relationsship material.Do you know me?Maybe i am happily married with 3 kids and had a single life before it like anyone else.
    As i see it your still an idiot,and a jealous one too.

Advertisement