Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Home charge points (purchase/problems/questions) (See mod note post#1)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

1. change of address was done once I moved house.
    2. seai ask if the ESB bill is in the name of the applicant on the form.
    3. Car must be registered to the address on question. No Dublin registered car can be used for a grant in Meath unless the cat]r has changed it’s registered address to said property in Meath. You must supply copies of log book for payment.

All the tech in the world, and it’s still just a glorified plug socket.

you want a charge point to be as basic as possible to avoid any unnecessary failures.

all the fancy stuff can be done on the app for the car. Charge limit, preheating, departure timing , night rate charging etc

id stump for a zappi or a wallbox pulsar if it was me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭rodge123

Good point, just quickly checked out the bmw connected app and looks like does all those items you mention.

In that case my only concern is the look/quality of it. Thinking I will put it onto sandstone wall at front of house, very visible on approach to door. Liking the looks of the Anderson ones, must see what they are like price/quality wise vs the zappi/wallbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

either pay for an andersen or put an eo mini untethered behind a down pipe or somewhere, they are very small and will be obscured from view

Yes now your into a different kettle of fish. If I had a stone wall then looks would be important.

The top of the line is an Anderson Unit. All else fails in comparison but you pay for that beauty.

I had a BMW wallbox and it was huge!

Id be looking for something small, discreet but had goo app features and solar PV integration.

I used to be an advocate for the Zappi but the pulsar wallbox is brilliant. Small.

tethered and the app has built in cost tools so you can see what your car is using!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭russelldlee

Hi all

Can anyone recommend an EV electrician installation for the Zappi Charger in South Dublin. Would appreciate the price you got also. Can't find anything less than 1500 EUR (before grant). We need a pedestal also.

Thanks

Lee

What are we talking price wise for the Anderson vs pulsar wallbox before grants?Not seeing prices listed in Ireland for the Anderson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

You're talking in the region of 2300 to 2500 euro for an Andersen if you can even get someone to supply and fit it. If you search back you'll see a few photos from me of an installation.

Right, wasn’t expecting them to be that amount dearer. Will most likely opt for something else I’d say in that case. Thanks for info and pics

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Get the Untethered EO Mini - Small and neat with all the features you might want (supports Solar charging etc.) and worst case if you need to hide it a box built around it will be easy enough to do as it's so small.

Even including the isolator a cover would be only slightly larger than a shoe box .

• Advertisement

Yeah, the really ugly thing is the isolator switch. I do like the look of the hypervolt but the cable is exposed. EO mini has probably one of the smallest foot prints but avoid you have the added hassle of cables.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Think I'm going to get an untethered EO Mini on the side of the house. As Cyrus mentioned above, it should fit nicely behind the downpipe out of sight. I'd be an infrequent charger so not too much of an imposition to have to plug my own cable in to it.

Looks like roughly 500 after the grant, although I do need load balancing if that's extra. Anyone get a better price recently? I'm Southside Dublin.

With a pedestal you’ll struggle to get it any better than €1500 if at all.

Pulsar is €1199 supplied and fitted by car charger.ie

That includes load balancing if required. I think it’s €200 cheaper without.

The Anderson is about €2k from memory but I’ve no info to back that up. It’s £1100 stg to buy direct plus shipping plus customs etc

You’ll have the isolater switch on them

all unfortunately. You might be lucky in placement that it can be hidden or obscured but the idea is that it’s prominently placed and easy to access.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

there is a pic of mine on the audi etron thread, you cant see it unless you go around the side of the house past the downpipe!

Electric ireland did mine for 1,099, that includes 'smart features' including load balancing. So 500 excl grant all in.

Very true. I got a special one though with a poly technic finish that actually bends light around the isolator such that it's actually invisible.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭russelldlee

Can anyone recommend anything around the 1200 mark then with a pedestal?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,034 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

As someone who is selling a tethered Type 1 ChargePoint with my Leaf, and who now needs to get type 2 installed, am I right in thinking i am going to have to add a pile of money to the €600 Grant?

Any websites I am reading suggest I'll have to add at least 500 to get one via the grant. Is that right?

€1100 To buy and install a ChargePoint?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Looks like that, assuming you never got the grant before.

• Advertisement

I never got the grant before, but 1100 is shocking to supply and fit.

Looks like I will go down the route of buying my own and paying a local electrician to fit it.

Can you use the grant for that? If you buy your ChargePoint from a seller that can provide a receipt/invoice and your spark provides a receipt too, can I get the cost covered by Grant if it's less than 600?

I cant recommend one as i don't think one exists.

Considering the cheapest install at the moment is €1199 (with load balancing)and that's without a pedestal and the additional labour and cabling.

The same charger is €999 but no load balancing or smart version i believe. www.carcharger.ie

Yes, you can still go this route.

You have to submit invoices to the SEAI nowadays for the Grant. So make sure to keep your invoice for the charger, then when the sparks invoices you nd supplies the 2 Certs, make sure the total of the 2 is over €600 as you cannot claim the grant on figures below this.

You can't claim under €600?

That's sounds silly. Is it not In the interest of a government body that someone claiming a grant puts in for as little as they need?

Edit: is there any limits on where you can buy your ChargePoint from? For example, could I order one from a UK seller? Does it have to be a brand new charger?

Say I bought a charger for £400 and my spark charges me €200 To fit, would that satisfy the grant requirement?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭stesaurus

That's not true, I've two installs that came in under 600 and was paid for fully by the grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Buffman

Sounds like one of these would be a lot less hassle for you, unless you're looking to upgrade from 16 to 32 amp.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

Rather ironically I actually had one of those about 3 or 4 yrs back, and sold it.

Problem now is that I have included the charger in my sale of my previous car, as I assumed it would be no hassle to get a new charger installed for €600.

Does anyone know the answer to the question I asked about buying a charger from UK. EBay for example? Could I provide the receipt or invoice from that sale along with the one from my spark, to avail of the grant?

Bad wording in my behalf.

If the OP wants the full €600 they must provide the receipts now.

The SEAI will pay up to €600 but if the costs come in below that they may only pay the actual cost, not the full €600.

No limit at all once you can provide the invoice. Ive gotten 10+ Installed over the years. Back in the early days I was buying the units second hand and getting local sparks to fit.

You didn’t need to submit invoices back then, that’s a new rule.

Last year I bought a QUBEV unit on Amazon for €231. Got it installed by local sparks and certs issued.

I submitted the 2 invoices and paid out again no problem.

The big thing now is the invoices to show the costs.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. Makes it much more palatable, rather than pay EI €1199 For an install.

Re: buying second-hand, it's good to here that's possible. If you are buying from a private individual, what does seai accept as proof of purchase?

Advertisement