Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Home charge points (purchase/problems/questions) (See mod note post#1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

kkibos wrote: »
    After some research decided on the EO mini pro. Went with Electric Ireland €1099 and was installed by KN networks. Install took about 90 minutes.

That's a nice neat install, largely hidden by the downpipe too.
    It's a pity some mandate the isolator IMO - nothing to stop random passers by switching off your EV, while you wake up to an uncharged car, needed to get to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Kramer wrote: »
    It's a pity some mandate the isolator IMO
    Everyone has to mandate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Risteard81 wrote: »

Not required for untethered non locking chargers I was told

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kkibos

Yes the isolator is a pain but still nice and tidy install. Mostly hidden from the road that’s why I went for the mini.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Kramer wrote: »
    It's a pity some mandate the isolator IMO

I thought I'd heard recently of a large, reputable, either national or multinational company, confirming isolators were not mandatory. They weren't installing them, as a matter of course anyway.............but I'm not a REC or SAFE Electric registered, so in no way an expert. Maybe someone else can confirm?

I know of plenty who had (EVSE) charge points installed & certified, sans isolators though, but never heard of a single PHEV/BEV fire, electrocution or mishap, where an isolator would have been beneficial.

Not in what, a decade with 500,000 Leaf sales alone & hundreds of thousands of Model 3/other BEVs, across the globe.

But if SAFE Electric mandate it & it's the law here, I'm a good law abiding citizen & wholeheartedly agree, the law should be obeyed :pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I’m still seeing electricians not installing the isolator.
    Fully registered electricians and grants being paid out on them.

It should be clear cut, it’s either required or not.

I seen recent installations by KN that had none also.

My own personal one fitted in 2017 doesn’t have one. Grant job so certified by a registered sparky.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

I didn't get the Hub today but I've ordered it this afternoon. Should arrive on Tuesday. Ive got two options of placement about 3m away from the Zappi or 10m away...

I rather put it in the cabinet with the router which is 10m away.

I'll let you know!

So the Hub has been installed and is about 10m-15m away from the Harvi. So far no issues. Also if anyone is interested you can access the data and have it run into home automation. I run Home Assistant here and it's great for a quick read of what's going on.

rHTiyOe.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Buried on the MyEnergi website is your ability to setup an account, there you will see more data and fancy graphs, it’s not bad actually

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Guys, I’ve just got my hands on a Garo charger.
    No idea what I’ll use it for but it was a bargain so I grabbed it and I’ll either use it eventually or pass it on.

Anyway, it’s the Garo glb-t222wo Model.
    There’s space for a meter in it to monitor consumption but I just want to know what one to get etc?

Thanks.

https://garo.co.uk/GAR1/GAR1-SHOP2/docs/Specification%20Sheets/GLB-T222WO%20%20Spec%20Sheet.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

slave1 wrote: »
    Buried on the MyEnergi website is your ability to setup an account, there you will see more data and fancy graphs, it’s not bad actually

Hey slave1 would you happen to have a link to the website access couldn't find anywhere to access and register? :confused:

• Advertisement

Dingatron wrote: »
    Hey slave1 would you happen to have a link to the website access couldn't find anywhere to access and register? :confused:

You may have to contact them direct to create an account?

https://myenergi.com/my-account/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Gumbo wrote: »
    You may have to contact them direct to create an account?

https://myenergi.com/my-account/

Its actually this now : myaccount.myenergi.com

More info here:
    https://myenergi.info/the-new-myenergi-account-t2591.html#p24350
    We are very pleased to launch the new myenergi account - myaccount.myenergi.com - and to give our forum members the first chance to try it out.

As we develop new features this will be the place to register your myenergi devices, look in detail at their performance, communicate with us, learn about new updates from myenergi and much more.

For the moment the new account will allow you to
    view the status of your myenergi devices and check their firmware versions
    look in detail at the energy usage
    and for Octopus Agile customers, automatically schedule the timed boosts on you zappi and eddi to make the most of the cheap periods in the Octopus Agile flexible tariff.
    We're not making a big noise about this launch just yet as there are loads more features under development - the next will be aimed at anyone with a dual rate or economy tariff so that you can also make the most of the automatic scheduling. So, tonight, we're letting members of the myenergi forum have first access.

When you first register you will be asked some basic information about your home and EV, if you drive one.
    You will also be asked about who installed your myenergi devices - apologies if you have already done this, but in future all product registrations will be through the new account.

To connect your hub to the account you will need your hub serial number and the password you used when you set up the hub in the app. If you cannot remember the password then please email support@myenergi.com with your hub serial number so we can reset it for you. In the future this won't be necessary any more as the password reset will be one of the features provided through the account.

We hope you like what has been produced and will continue to enjoy the new features as they are developed.

Please let us have your feedback and suggestions for features you would like to see added,

Thanks

The myenergi team. ��

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kpk

My install of wallbox pulsar plus was 1076+65 for the clamp plus tax so 1294 in total before the grant or 694 after the grant. There’s no additional charge for load balancing, just the clamp.
    Hi ,
    just wanted to ask in your wall box is the load balancing done via WiFi from the meter or is there a hard wire option?.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kpk

My install of wallbox pulsar plus was 1076+65 for the clamp plus tax so 1294 in total before the grant or 694 after the grant. There’s no additional charge for load balancing, just the clamp.
    Hi ,
    just wanted to ask in your wall box is the load balancing done via WiFi from the meter or is there a hard wire option?.

Kpk wrote: »
    Hi ,

Wallbox Pulsar Plus is hardwired.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Kpk wrote: »
    Hi ,

There’s a C clamp wired into the charger and is placed on the live wire in the meter box. WiFi is only used to load the charging data to the servers (and software updated).

Was at an Engineers Ireland Webinar on I.S. 10101 (Electrical Wiring Regulations).

Here’s a nice image on Meter Boxes and CU height regulations. They briefly spoke about EV charging but no great detail, but this image shows an EVSE which I believe is an isolator switch so it would appear it’s required now. Section H on the image.

I think these regulations are only in force about 2 weeks now.

543245.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Was at an Engineers Ireland Webinar on I.S. 10101 (Electrical Wiring Regulations).

Here’s a nice image on Meter Boxes and CU height regulations. They briefly spoke about EV charging but no great detail, but this image shows an EVSE which I believe is an isolator switch so it would appear it’s required now. Section H on the image.

I wonder is that just for illustration though since they dont specifically mention the isolator in the text?

Interesting that they show/detail the EVSE being fed from the meter cabinet and not the inside distribution board.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

KCross wrote: »
    I wonder is that just for illustration though since they dont specifically mention the isolator in the text?

Interesting that they show/detail the EVSE being fed from the meter cabinet and not the inside distribution board.

Thats the thing about regulations, they can always be changed.

Interesting & useful diagram.

Being able to come out of the Meter cabinet could be useful for some people.

But it does look like you'd need the ESB customer isolator and the External MCB etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭KCross

graememk wrote: »
    But it does look like you'd need the ESB customer isolator and the External MCB etc.

Well, if the EVSE is next to the meter box and there is a breaker just for the EVSE in the meter box would you need the isolator then?
    i.e. There might be some flexibility depending on how far the EVSE is from the meter.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

KCross wrote: »
    Well, if the EVSE is next to the meter box and there is a breaker just for the EVSE in the meter box would you need the isolator then?
    i.e. There might be some flexibility depending on how far the EVSE is from the meter.

No clue, Meter box usually needs a key, (well a triangle or square one, but still not many carry one in their pocket)

And the argument is that its there for safety.... Id argue theres more shock risk from an outdoor plug than an evse.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

graememk wrote: »
    Thats the thing about regulations, they can always be changed.

Interesting & useful diagram.

Being able to come out of the Meter cabinet could be useful for some people.

That's my my installer is recommended, to come out of the meter cabinet. This is in response to my internal fuse box being in an awkward position (over a basement stairs).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,943 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

are electric ireland / kn doing installs at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

That's my my installer is recommended, to come out of the meter cabinet. This is in response to my internal fuse box being in an awkward position (over a basement stairs).

You're lucky, every electrician I spoke to wouldn't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Gatster wrote: »
    You're lucky, every electrician I spoke to wouldn't do it.

Yeah, it's Nigel Daly's EV team. They seem a bit pricey, comparatively, but they've been out to consider the options and know they're stuff, it's also useful to have someone local in the event there are issues after the fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭tweek84

I think these regulations are only in force about 2 weeks now.

543245.jpeg

That image is only a outline from Brendan Dervan,
    The regs themselves do not state that the charger is to be fed from the meter cabinet but if feeding from the meter cabinet there is additional work required on the distribution board it is not simply the case of putting in a breaker for the EV. Prior to 1st Feb (i am open to correction on the date) you were not permitted to feed the EV charging point from the meter cabinet.
    There are other factors to take in to account when installing a EV charger and access would be required to the house for some of these to be assess:
    Are all main bonds 10mm sq minimum?
    Main earth conductor 10mm sq and visible?
    Are meter tails 16mm sq?
    If the EV charger is now fed from the meter cabinet they are required to use a new cable which meets or exceeds class Dcd S2,d2,a2.

tweek84 wrote: »
    The regs themselves do not state that the charger is to be fed from the meter cabinet but if feeding from the meter cabinet there is additional work required on the distribution board it is not simply the case of putting in a breaker for the EV. Prior to 1st Feb (i am open to correction on the date) you were not permitted to feed the EV charging point from the meter cabinet.
    There are other factors to take in to account when installing a EV charger and access would be required to the house for some of these to be assess:
    Are meter tails 16mm sq?
    If the EV charger is now fed from the meter cabinet they are required to use a new cable which meets or exceeds class Dcd S2,d2,a2.

Sorry, the purpose of my original post was to highlight the Isolater switch which was a cause for many heated posts over the last few months.

I have no idea about the requirements to get an EVSE fed directly from the Meter Unit.

tweek84 wrote: »
    Are meter tails 16mm sq?

Cable requirements are the same regardless of where it is fed from. These cables are substantially dearer than those which were previously permitted under the 4th Edition Rules. Feeding from the meter cabinet is still not permitted. This is still only a proposal at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭tweek84

Cable requirements are the same regardless of where it is fed from. These cables are substantially dearer than those which were previously permitted under the 4th Edition Rules. Feeding from the meter cabinet is still not permitted. This is still only a proposal at this stage.

Cable requirements depend on the design of the electrical installation if designed prior to feb, which i am assuming that some were not designed prior to feb.
    They have got to be joking about not confirming about feeding from a meter cabinet, i thought that was to be put through with the new regs?

• Advertisement

Design date is taken to be date of commencement of the installation for a domestic dwelling by RECI.

Advertisement