Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Diary Room (Off-Topic Chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Jeff2 wrote: »
    I looked at the picture and first though WTF.

Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,429 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Have you tried checking the left phalange

:D

th?id=OIP.RTQuhtTycZQnEssCUEGUJQAAAA&pid=15.1&P=0&w=245&h=162

left_phalange_drinking_glass.jpg?color=White&height=460&width=460&qv=90

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Have you tried checking the left phalange

Better off just cutting off the plug and using a couple of forks to plug it into the mains.

*don't ever fecking do this*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,021 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

IMG201804132218411523660340-thumb.jpg

IMG201804132221021523660522-thumb-large.jpg

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Strange.

It was drawing too much power thu the plug, hence the burn

• Advertisement

OMG! never do that!!you are using a multi plug, while can be used. You are trying to pull too much power from a wall socket, (OK, the fuse should have blown in the multi plug. But never fully trust them)

IMG201804132218411523660770-thumb-large.jpg

IMG201804132218411523660770-thumb-large.jpg

Colly, the plug burned out, the plastic melted a bit. Thus leaving one of the prongs stuck in that picture

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

What isn’t you shouldn’t do Deco? Plug the heater into an adaptor? Why? I do that here. Am I gonna die?

So many plug pictures...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

tenor.gif?itemid=10211039

What isn’t you shouldn’t do Deco? Plug the heater into an adaptor? Why? I do that here. Am I gonna die?
    Depends on the draw. Yes you are gonna die.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

So many plug pictures...

tenor.gif?itemid=4695689

deco nate wrote: »
    OMG! never do that!!you are using a multi plug, while can be used. You are trying to pull too much power from a wall socket, (OK, the fuse should have blown in the multi plug. But never fully trust them)

I didn't know that, I thought it was grand as long as the appliances was working, I thought that the fuses on the fuse board would click off if there was a problem... Anyway, guys, thanks for your feedback. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,845 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I've had dodgy multi sockets , realised when I read the packaging , there was no safety yoke stamp thingy.
    They can be lethal , please make sure you buy proper ones , not sure of the right way to say that tbh :)

Colly, the plug burned out, the plastic melted a bit. Thus leaving one of the prongs stuck in that picture

Yes it fused under power.

Still strange picture. :)

I just checked the Amp on the burned out adapter, it's a 10amp, I have another adapter and it's 15 amp and it has a fuse in it, do you think that would be OK to use?

I just checked the Amp on the burned out adapter, it's a 10amp, I have another adapter and it's 15 amp and it has a fuse in it, do you think that would be OK to use?
    Not for us to say, ask in another forum. Electrical forum or something, don't want ya burning down the house an suing us

Depends on the draw. Yes you are gonna die.

If Retro is no post for a while there will be RIP LOL.

If you over load an extension lead or have it wound up it can set fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Better off just cutting off the plug and using a couple of forks to plug it into the mains.

*don't ever fecking do this*

Fork you say....

tenor.gif?itemid=4792968

• Advertisement

Please leave it until tomorrow Colly.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,429 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

In honour of Aintree Grand National

th?id=OIP.0ZgrYlJ46l0K6wolUfkXfQHaFd&pid=15.1&P=0&w=216&h=160

Wait til Mack and IBC get a hold of what we’ve been up to over here! #jealous

Sure they haven't been off boards, causing war in Ah the last few days. Holiday must be poo! :D

happy-easter-meester-23.gif

Sure they haven't been off boards, causing war in Ah the last few days. Holiday must be poo! :D

I’m picturing it now. Romantic sunset. Warm breeze on the skin. Fat frogs a plenty. And John Connors for conversation. :D
    #bliss

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Lads what the fcuk where ya’s at last night?!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,845 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Glitch..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

The thread was acting up not showing the last post for me for ages. I still don't know what it was yet

tenor.gif?itemid=5702982

Advertisement