Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Future and potential Star Wars films - news and speculation

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Dave? Is that you?

Rian's trilogy won't happen. It will be left on the shelf for too long and Rian will want to go and make other films rather than sitting around for Disney's algorithm to decide when is the optimal time to release a Star Wars film for maximum financial return.

Falthyron wrote: »
    Dave? Is that you?

Rian's trilogy won't happen. It will be left on the shelf for too long and Rian will want to go and make other films rather than sitting around for Disney's algorithm to decide when is the optimal time to release a Star Wars film for maximum financial return.

Maybe click on the link. His films are going ahead. Let’s meet up here next week and review after the announcement. Wrong name by the way. Not even close.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,497 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Can't take Johnson at this word there. He was promoting Knives Out and inevitable Star wars was brought up. D23 next week so that's the next few years of Star wars probably being announced.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Can't take Johnson at this word there. He was promoting Knives Out and inevitable Star wars was brought up. D23 next week so that's the next few years of Star wars probably being announced.

Don’t think they’ll announce anything about the films. Would have thought they were going to leave it a few years before they make the new films, but they’re leaving Pinewood and moving to a new purpose built studio for star wars it seems. Marvels production moving into Pinewood.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭tigger123

Just in case you ever wondered if a slightly taller version of Mark Hamill or Luke Skywalker exists either in real life, or in the SW universe, you can see the arguments thrashed out here;

http://biggerluke.wikidot.com/bigger-luke

Jesus wept.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I will be watching anyway.

I would like to think there is scope in any ob1 script to run a decent Darth Vader sub plot also.

On that , there must be room for a proper lava fuelled dark side movie running between ep 3 and a new hope. It would be great to see how Vadar got on once he initially donned the mask. Learning how to be a sith etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,464 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

tigger123 wrote: »
    Just in case you ever wondered if a slightly taller version of Mark Hamill or Luke Skywalker exists either in real life, or in the SW universe, you can see the arguments thrashed out here;

http://biggerluke.wikidot.com/bigger-luke

Jesus wept.

That's brilliant, it's like a flat earther lizard person wanted to get the star wars fanboiis attention onto something else.

astrofool wrote: »
    That's brilliant, it's like a flat earther lizard person wanted to get the star wars fanboiis attention onto something else.

Found its way to Mark Hamill :)

https://twitter.com/hamillhimself/status/1162085006119882753?s=21

• Advertisement

Word is there’s a trailer for the Mandalorian coming on Friday. This weekend is going to be a flood of Star Wars news too it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭El Duda

pixelburp wrote: »
    McGregor had a garbage script, and a director who didn't know how to give his actors direction or inspiration, on sets that didn't exist.

Combine that with the fact that he is a terrible actor and you have summarised why an Obi-wan spin off will be utter dirge.

He won a golden globe or an Emmy or one of them for Fargo. They don’t throw emmys out like confetti. Tho I haven’t seen that show so I can’t speak to it or his performance

El Duda wrote: »
    Combine that with the fact that he is a terrible actor and you have summarised why an Obi-wan spin off will be utter dirge.

While I respect that anyone is entitled to dislike an actor, I find it compelling that someone would be prepared to criticise a prospective movie without it even being produced?

The OB1 movie could be some of the most ground-breaking cinema ever produced, we simply cannot tell until it is made.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,952 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

It's a TV show, not a movie.

And more than likely, it will be pretty conventional fare. After all, it's Disney we're talking about here.

Tony EH wrote: »
    It's a TV show, not a movie.

And more than likely, it will be pretty conventional fare. After all, it's Disney we're talking about here.

I think we’re getting a trailer for the Mandalorian today. I reckon that series might undo the notion of standard fare. Favreau is really excited about it and they are already working on season two. If there’s news on Kenobi this weekend from the Disney conference hopefully we get some info who is writing and show running. That’ll be some indication maybe on what it’s to be

Trailer coming today

d23-the-mandalorian-poster.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oh goodie, we're going to fúcking Tatooine again.

Sarcasm aside, I am keeping an open mind with this, cos I'm genuinely curious how a Star Wars TV show will work, but my appetite is almost knackered at this stage.

Oh goodie, we're going to fúcking Tatooine again.

Sarcasm aside, I am keeping an open mind with this, cos I'm genuinely curious how a Star Wars TV show will work, but my appetite is almost knackered at this stage.

Favreau write the whole thing. Pedro paschal is in it. Werner Herzog is in it too.
    This is gonna be underworld and hopefully packed with back and front facing tie ins for return of the Jedi and force awakens. It seems the empire are still operating as a rogue outfit here despite having been beaten.
    Where’s the bloody trailer

It looks like the Slave 1 has got a reboot also.

What is the name of the spaceship in the background, not the sandcrawlers in the distance, the one just behind him?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Favreau write the whole thing. Pedro paschal is in it. Werner Herzog is in it too.
    This is gonna be underworld and hopefully packed with back and front facing tie ins for return of the Jedi and force awakens. It seems the empire are still operating as a rogue outfit here despite having been beaten.
    Where’s the bloody trailer

I have no strong feelings on Pascal, and while the presence of Herzog is kinda cool I would be wary as to how much Herzog we'll get. Could be one of those "special guest star" roles from the premiere, only to be killed off or conveniently off planet for the rest of the series.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    It looks like the Slave 1 has got a reboot also.

What is the name of the spaceship in the background

Nell.

battle-beyond-the-stars.jpg?itok=Lu3GUFVu

Ah Roger Corman, you crazy b*stard. Gotta love his 'boob' ship from 'Battle Beyond the Stars' (later reused in 'Space Raiders' as well), and never realised until I read it here that his studio had a genetic link with TG4, the former based in Connemara with much of the staff then moving to the latter.

He flew a Slave 1 the last I remember , am I missing something?

Image-00-Header-1536x820.jpg

33f5db4c3a23bf3058a659a6113c46e1.jpg

Favreua confirmed today boba fett isn’t in this. Fett isn’t even a mandalorian. He just took his fathers armour. He’s a clone remember. The mandos hate him.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    He flew a Slave 1 the last I remember , am I missing something?

The lead character is not Boba Fett, it's another guy, played by Pedro Pascal and AFAIK is simply referred to as "The Mandalorian"

I have no strong feelings on Pascal, and while the presence of Herzog is kinda cool I would be wary as to how much Herzog we'll get. Could be one of those "special guest star" roles from the premiere, only to be killed off or conveniently off planet for the rest of the series.

I saw the bogey footage shot off the screen at celebration they showed a few minutes of the first episode. I think Werner is going to feature a good bit. He’s the one that hires the mandalorian for whatever job it is.
    Going out on a limb saying he’s an ex imperial now scratching out a living as a crime boss. I don’t know. High hopes for this.
    They’re already started in season two so it’s great it’s not just a one shot season.

I saw the bogey footage shot off the screen at celebration they showed a few minutes of the first episode. I think Werner is going to feature a good bit. He’s the one that hires the mandalorian for whatever job it is.
    Going out on a limb saying he’s an ex imperial now scratching out a living as a crime boss. I don’t know. High hopes for this.
    They’re already started in season two so it’s great it’s not just a one shot season.

Maybe, I'd love to know what the metrics of success are here: Disney aren't short of cash, but the rules of Hollywood don't apply to normal businesses and I'm guessing there's a lot riding on their new streaming service. Presumably the ideal is that The Mandalorian acts as the encouragement for people to sign up for Disney+ (and not like CBS, where people sign up for the Trek show, then cancel once it finishes)

It's going to get pirated to the Nth degree; the TV thread here will be interesting, given most of us won't be able to watch it 'normally' ;) I wouldn't be surprised if around that time, US politicians take a sudden, completely coincidental interest again in the state of Torrenting. Not like Disney don't have form, what with the "Mickey Mouse Protection Act" et al

Ah Roger Corman, you crazy b*stard.

I think it was James Cameron's fault.

• Advertisement

Maybe, I'd love to know what the metrics of success are here: Disney aren't short of cash, but the rules of Hollywood don't apply to normal businesses and I'm guessing there's a lot riding on their new streaming service. Presumably the ideal is that The Mandalorian acts as the encouragement for people to sign up for Disney+ (and not like CBS, where people sign up for the Trek show, then cancel once it finishes)

It's going to get pirated to the Nth degree; the TV thread here will be interesting, given most of us won't be able to watch it 'normally' ;) I wouldn't be surprised if around that time, US politicians take a sudden, completely coincidental interest again in the state of Torrenting. Not like Disney don't have form, what with the "Mickey Mouse Protection Act" et al

Good point. This channels not launching here until next year as far as I know.
    You’d imagine it would be a simultaneous roll out globally. They’re going to lose billions with people pirating.
    I have no qualms doing that if the service isn’t available to me to buy here. Simple as.

But they’re coming to take over and they own everything worth owning. They seem to be pinning ost of the drive into tv offshoots of marvel and Star Wars That alone could carry it if it’s done right. Not to mention their vast library of their own films.

Advertisement