Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday - Dublin Racing Festival - Day 2

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Top Notch will always fall short of true grade 1 level for me, admiral as he is. Fox Norton if back on song is the main danger to UDS in the Ryanair for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

On wat are u basing yorkhill beating UDS in the Ryanair??

A lot depends on Altior but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see UDS go Champion Chase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Cannot for the life of me see UDS win at Cheltenham. Barely stayed last year against Sub Lieutenant and Aso. Will need it hock deep to have a semblance of a chance. Even without Yorkhill, I'd expect Top Notch, Waiting Patiently, Fox Norton, Disko, Coney Island all to beat him.

I have a lot of time for you WB, you seem to have more sense than most here, most of the time....
    However...
    I cant be having that!!
    UDS ran the race of the week over same trip last year. How you can say he hasnt a semblance of a chance on spring ground against some of the also's you named there?
    Madness!!!

UDS @ 3/1 to retain his Ryanair crown is a great price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

I have a lot of time for you WB, you seem to have more sense than most here, most of the time....
    However...
    I cant be having that!!
    UDS ran the race of the week over same trip last year. How you can say he hasnt a semblance of a chance on spring ground against some of the also's you named there?
    Madness!!!

UDS @ 3/1 to retain his Ryanair crown is a great price

You're letting your fondness of the horse cloud your judgement. His win in the Ryanair was visually stunning but I don't think the form of it is all that. Saying he hasn't a semblance of a chance is overally harsh on my part fair enough but I think he'll be up against it now. I didn't think his win the last day against Speredek points to him winning the Ryanair at all. I don't think Townend was holding on to much now and he had his ideal ground that day.

You're letting your fondness of the horse cloud your judgement. His win in the Ryanair was visually stunning but I don't think the form of it is all that. Saying he hasn't a semblance of a chance is overally harsh on my part fair enough but I think he'll be up against it now. I didn't think his win the last day against Speredek points to him winning the Ryanair at all. I don't think Townend was holding on to much now and he had his ideal ground that day.

Ruby on board, a little cut in the ground (altho i am not sure he really needs that atall) a weak field, I am very confident UDS bolts up again

• Advertisement

Ruby on board, a little cut in the ground (altho i am not sure he really needs that atall) a weak field, I am very confident UDS bolts up again

I'm not sure Ruby will make all that much difference to him. I'd disagree on weak field. Fox Norton beat him at Punchestown and his Melling Chase form is better UDS's Ryanair form. I'd be disappointed aswell if the more unexposed in the field like Coney Island, Waiting Patiently, Balko des Flos etc couldn't improve past him.

Ah come on wickla!! Coney island has not shown anything in a long time to suggest he will beat UDS over that distance and do we even know it will go in that race and not GC? And i am not sure how u can pick fox Norton? Jesus wept! Bit Coin fiver on it Wiclow ? ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Ah come on wickla!! Coney island has not shown anything in a long time to suggest he will beat UDS over that distance and do we even know it will go in that race and not GC? And i am not sure how u can pick fox Norton? Jesus wept! Bit Coin fiver on it Wiclow ? ☺

Not sure how he can pick a horse who has already beaten UDS and been running over an inadequate trip since!? Jesus wept again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

There's an awful lot of weeping going on From this Jesus boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

How is Monalee clearly ahead of Presenting Percy on ratings?

As for the markets on Betfair over the weekend, there's no harm in these investigations at all, though there'll likely be anything found.

Perhaps I misinterpretated the RPRs of PP going into the Galmoy (a Grade 2)and Monalees coming out of that Grade 1 at Leop.

Or did I ? :)

Sure we'll know in a month and a bit.

• Advertisement

You're a gas man, Roger. Coney Island is so unexposed. He was a comfortable winner of a good Drinmore and he could be anything. Fox Norton literally has the form in the book. If you really fancy UDS that much then wait for the day because he won't be any shorter than 4/1. Be suprised if he goes off fav.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Where did the myth that UDS needs soft ground come from??

STB. wrote: »
    Perhaps I misinterpretated the RPRs of PP going into the Galmoy (a Grade 2)and Monalees coming out of that Grade 1 at Leop.

Or did I ? :)

Sure we'll know in a month and a bit.

You just said something completely untrue. I was just trying to sound a word of caution for anyone that may have blindly believed you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I’ve percy backed but despite them finishing in a heap at the weekend, a Grade 1 is better form I’ll have to concede monalee deserves the rating he got. I can cash out Percy but I’m going to let it run as is nrnb. I really like the horse even he might not win it ( Jim and Slattsy , two good judges, siding against him has me concerned).

There'll be quite a few upsets in the Novice divisions. Finding the right e/w play is the tough part though.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

danganabu wrote: »
    Where did the myth that UDS needs soft ground come from??

He might not need it soft but he's clearly a much better horse with cut in the ground. To quote his owner his ideal conditions are "just the right side of raceable"

Not sure where to post but Presenting Percy going to run in another chase before March with a clash against Total recall likely :eek: Ballsy move!

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

Not sure where to post but Presenting Percy going to run in another chase before March with a clash against Total recall likely :eek: Ballsy move!

On that note surely there should be a thread to discuss Cheltenham

Advertisement