Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday - Dublin Racing Festival - Day 2

Options
  • 03-02-2018 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭

Leopardstown 12.40
    She's A Star looks a massive price at 25/1 with PP and Betfair. She's not put it all together lately but with a 7lbs claimer on board with a 13% strike rate in the past 2 weeks she has everything in her favour. She was 3rd in an open Grade A handicap hurdle at Fairyhouse last month and has had a few runs since winning on the flat last time at Dundalk. There'll be a decent pace on here which she'll need as a slow pace has caught here out before. She's definitely handicapped to get involved here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

It's not going to be a popular opinion but I reckon samcro is opposable tomorrow. His form doesn't add up to much in my opinion. He'll deserve the hype if he wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,454 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Shame they have done away with the Hunter Chase, won't really feel like Gold Cup day anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Monalee my RSA pick and have backed appropriately.

Hopefully it wins tomorrow but if it doesn't then hopefully not beaten far as he'll come on for the run, in what looks an unbelievable race.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

Slattsy wrote: »
    Monalee my RSA pick and have backed appropriately.

Hopefully it wins tomorrow but if it doesn't then hopefully not beaten far as he'll come on for the run, in what looks an unbelievable race.

Yeah it'll be a quality race. I like al boum photo for it. I wouldn't unhappy seeing monalee winning

handsfree2 wrote: »
    Yeah it'll be a quality race. I like al boum photo for it. I wouldn't unhappy seeing monalee winning

ABP my JLT horse.

Don't know what will happen with Invitation Only here and also in the JLT!! Second to Monalee will suffice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Mr321

I like Snow Falcon in that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Only other bet for tomorrow is Duc De Genievres 2pts ew @ 20/1. He travelled very smoothly and didn't seem to get home in his last race against Next Destination. Drop back to 2 miles will suit and his proximity to Next Destination and Cracking Smart is top form as well as finishing in front of Jetz who was beaten a head in the 2m6 Grade 1 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Serious days racing tomorrow. Gutted that I could make it to either of the two days

It's not going to be a popular opinion but I reckon samcro is opposable tomorrow. His form doesn't add up to much in my opinion. He'll deserve the hype if he wins.

What's opposable for me is the price, can't knock the form at all but there's some classy horses in that race that are very big prices. Madness

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

I really fancy Sharjah v Samcro also think willie will have

Supreme Sharjah
    Ballymore getabird
    Albert Bartlett next destination

Of course I could be completely wrong, I see ruby said he thinks samcro is the Irish banker that usually means he fancies he has one to beat it 😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Samcro is definitely worth taking on back in trip, surprised to see him over 2 miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

I think he's very good but certainly doesn't warrant the hype yet. Could have it tough today for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

Really torn between Invitation Only and Al Boum Photo. I'll probably just follow the market.

Mr321 wrote: »
    I like Snow Falcon in that

Apparently his homework has improved remarkably of late and expected to run very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Leopardstown 2:25
    Going for one from left field here, Rathpatrick ticks a few boxes here as a horse with some very good form in the past that might just be ready to run a big race in more favourable conditions that he has been getting. He looked the best horse in the race in the Pertempts at Cheltenham a couple of years ago when he went far to wide all the way and finished 6th. I think he will appreciate this ground and trip and has won on this mark before. 50/1 is easily worth the risk.
    1 Point EW 50/1 365/paddy/betfair/vc
    Leopardstown 3:00
    I said a few weeks ago I dint think there was anything between Monalee and Rathvinden and I’ll be sticking by that here. 16/1 is just far too big and Rathvinden is the most experienced horse here and I think he can run a huge race and maybe get back to Cheltenham with a decent chance. He looks about twice the price he should be.
    2 Points win 16/1 generally

Leopardstown 4:10
    Apache Stronghold was one of the first horses on my Cheltenham list this year. He caught my eye in the paddy power when we were on at a big price, when having to make up far too much ground before the straight to have anything left in the tank for the finish. He will be suited by this ground and trip and is down another 3lbs here. 40/1 with 6 places in paddy is madness and worthy of a decent bet.
    2 Points EW 40/1 6 places Paddy Power 40/1 5 places elsewhere.

Leopardstown 3:35
    Djakadam has only been beaten by Sizing John lately until his poor run around here last time. With that rival missing here I fancy him to go very close at what looks a good price of 8/1. He looks a couple of points too big here.
    1 Point win 8/1 paddy/betfair and others

Leopardstown 12:40
    She’s a Star seems a bit overlooked here. She was excellent in 2 big 2 mile handicap hurdles towards the end of last year, particularly the Bar 1 Grade A at Fairyhouse , where she finished as well as anything after a lot of coaxing. This Mares handicap looks a fair way short of that type of race and although she had a couple of poorer runs over hurdles (possibly went to the well too many times quickly) , after that she was back to winning ways at Dundalk on the flat 3 weeks ago. In this field her toughness will surely bag a place at least if she is one her game at all and it seems that the extra 2 furlong’s might be the right trip for her.. 28/1 seems big for a 16/1 shot.
    2 Points EW 28/1 5 places paddy/betfair

Mr321 wrote: »
    What's opposable for me is the price, can't knock the form at all but there's some classy horses in that race that are very big prices. Madness

Paloma Blue 25/1 for me but Samcro will take all the beating. Be happy for a place

Hells Kitchen my only bet today.

Think he's way ahead of the handicapper. Surprised he's running before Cheltenham though.

Harringtons in the first being back but missed the 10s last night so I'll leave it.

Few bob on Sharjah for the Supreme before he runs today as he'll give Samcro a race of it.

Is Krusty about? Or does anyone else have an ear in Harringtons? Cooper is doing a very light weight for Magic of light. Is he being told it's well worth his while?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Have taken 9/2 on EARLY DOORS in the 1.50 to be placed. Was only beaten 5L by MK lto with both pulling well clear of the remainder.

Also on KILLULTAGH VIC for the Gold Cup

BOL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Thought Just Janice had a chance in the first. Had backed it the last day and the horse was planted out the back and stayed there! Have backed it again accordingly. I am more confident now that the money has come 20s into 11s. Winning is the next hurdle.

In the 1.50, Whiskey Sour is my each way bet at 28/1. C&D winner over Christmas. I actually thought Sharjah would be favourite in this race an thats why I thought there would be no value, but Sharjah has drifted like a barge this am.

3.00 Monalee for me. Uncharacteristic mistake last day. He'll pick this up on his way to winning the RSA, hopefully.:)

3.35 Outlander is very much my head pick. However, I'd like to see Valseur Lido back to his best. He'd been off some time with injury so his last run in RTR race can be forgiven. I have taken a chance.

4.10 Last Goodbye. Priced up at 14/1. Is today the day Liz ? Havent backed it yet so will have a look at the market in a hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

No love for debuchet today?
    Surprised to see the 14/1 price give the manner of victory last time out

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bludcrazetiger

12.40 Alletrix

1.15 Espoir d'allen

3pm - Suttons place (Snow Falcon ew)

4.10 Hells kitchen

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭hawkhead

Boyle’s 2/1 Samcro on the mobile app if anyone is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭piplip87

EW lucky 15
    Alletrix
    Al Boum Photo
    Outlander
    Jett

Having lost my arse yesterday I have gone with a Lucky 15 today.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Miss eyecatcher 12/1
    Dixie Lee 40/1

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

hawkhead wrote: »
    Boyle’s 2/1 Samcro on the mobile app if anyone is interested

Kiss of death

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Really hard pressed to find one in the 2.25 but in the W/o Total Recall market I think Phils Magic is a fair price at 16/1. Tony Martin isn't sending horses to this festival for the craic. He's not in great form but the horses he's run have finished 5th, 6th and PU (Quick Jack PU was in there for Tudor City I'm sure). 

He's a decent hurdler and 6lbs lower than his chase mark. He finished 3rd in the Munster National behind Total Recall and Alpha Des Obeaux. He'll prefer better ground but this is where he's most likely to get it in February. Carries 10-2 here and is very consistent. Great chance of a big run.

Phils Magic 16/1 wo Total Recall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

carq wrote: »
    No love for debuchet today?
    Surprised to see the 14/1 price give the manner of victory last time out

Yes debuchet for me too

Advertisement