Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 3rd February - Champion Hurdle Day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

aidankkk wrote: »
    Feck got run out of 1st and 5th:mad::o

Did slevin go too early? I thought so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Wonder was Gordon ringing the bookie there.

Christ that was depressing

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Finished unfortunately they rarely ever come back

• Registered Users Posts: 16,454 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

What a ride from Robbie Power there, thought the horse looked done

• Advertisement

Hard to know what to make of Faugheen, didn't travel, the second last looked electric, would need a decent price to touch him in Cheltenham

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Faugheen should be retired.He's gone,it would be crazy to even consider sending him to Cheltenham.

It looked like they only went a moderate gallop.

For me melon was the biggest disappointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

Supasundae is some horse. Desperately unlucky to get pipped by Jade and beats Faugheen stepping back in trip.

Jessica seems adamant on the Stayers but would love to see him and Jade try and go after Buveur even if it f*cks up my bets.

Faugheen should be retired.He's gone,it would be crazy to even consider sending him to Cheltenham.

He could be sent on the grade 2 circuit like the new one. He'd mop up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Faugheen shouldn't and won't be retired

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Mr321

Well the winner won well but is heading to the stayers.. Can't see any of that lot coming within an asses roar of Buveur Deir although Faugheen may improve just stayed at the same pace the last 2 furlongs.

As for Melon I still think he's more of a flat horse then NH. If he was to shine it should have been today.
    But who knows maybe Ruby could change a few things up come Cheltenham.
    So far Footpad looks to be the Mullins banker for Cheltenham

Going to give Ivanovich a shot here at a big price

I can't stand Piggot, asks a question and when they are answering it she whips the mic away to shriek into it with something irrelevant like yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Nulty wrote: »
    Faugheen shouldn't and won't be retired

Wasn't a bad run at all all things considered. I'd be amazed if they didn't take one last chance at Cheltenham.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Wasn't a bad run at all all things considered. I'd be amazed if they didn't take one last chance at Cheltenham.

Think I'll back him every week until Cheltenham . Should get a price now . And I'm sure he'll improve for that . Hope some bookie makes a big mistake .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

:O Tutdor City just managed to keep 5th

Faugheen 4/1 for CH and Supasundae 4/1 for Stayers, well worth backing.

Byrnes is some man, saw him interviewed twice and when asked about Cheltenham smirks and says we haven't thought that far ahead.

And when Gina Bryce was interviewing Byrnes "with Katie closing all the way to the line"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭piplip87

Think I'll back him every week until Cheltenham . Should get a price now . And I'm sure he'll improve for that . Hope some bookie makes a big mistake .

8/1. Defo worth a sizable EW punt come the festivial

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Motivator

Beaten by a handicapper. You must hate having money if you’re willing to get rid of it so easily.

• Advertisement

Motivator wrote: »
    Beaten by a handicapper. You must hate having money if you’re willing to get rid of it so easily.

He ran to about 158/157 today. Buveur D'Air ran to about 160 to win the champion hurdle last year. It's impossible to say whether BDA has improved since last year given the opposition he's run against.

So I think that's a bit harsh. If faugheen recaptured a fraction of what he's lost he's in with a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Shemale wrote: »
    Faugheen 4/1 for CH and Supasundae 4/1 for Stayers, well worth backing.

Byrnes is some man, saw him interviewed twice and when asked about Cheltenham smirks and says we haven't thought that far ahead.

And when Gina Bryce was interviewing Byrnes "with Katie closing all the way to the line"[
    /QUOTE]

Best thing about you is you genuinely think you know something about horse racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Motivator wrote: »

It's all about value . The champion is a really poor race and I think that run wasn't as bad as it seemed . With nrnb if he turns up he isn't a7/1 shot . He is ten times the price of the fav and everything has its price .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Apples Jade is going to be impossible to take on next month

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

BumperD wrote: »
    Apples Jade is going to be impossible to take on next month

Looks a certainty.

BD in the CH and Footpad in the Arkle for a treble.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

That looks a tasty treble

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

BumperD wrote: »
    That looks a tasty treble

Pays 3/1

Looks nailed bar falls etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Motivator

It's all about value . The champion is a really poor race and I think that run wasn't as bad as it seemed . With nrnb if he turns up he isn't a7/1 shot . He is ten times the price of the fav and everything has its price .

I thought Jezki was value for a place today but my heart ruled my head and it was a silly bet. As is backing Faugheen in the Champion Hurdle. One thing I will say is I was wrong as around November I didn’t think he’d still be in training at this stage such were my doubts about him but he still won’t win a Champion Hurdle.

Yes, today’s race was great for excitement etc but let’s be honest, they weren’t top quality 2m horses. The fact that Harrington said BEFORE and AFTER the race was a prep run for the stayers next month tells you all you need to know about the race.

Quick look at today’s race:

Faugheen - was top class, isn’t any more

Jezki - was top class, isn’t any more. No Grade 1 in 4 years

Melon - no thanks

Bapaume - not a proper Grade 1 horse

Mick Jazz - solid horse but not Champion Hurdle class

Defi Du Seuil - as can often happen Triumph winners, just doesn’t progress after looking potentially top class

Identity Thief - the wheels have come off his career

Supasundae - good solid horse but is he really a top class two miler? No he isn’t

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Mr321

I don't think Min will have a chance of winning at Cheltenham either. Horrible Head Carriage today also. If Altior is in the race not a hope but even if he's not I think one or 2 others could beat him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Absolute bollocks.

Advertisement