Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenway Map

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

I'm going with the "landowner acting the bollox" option. Greenway gates usually have an accompanying pedestrian gate alongside to permit controlled movement through the intersection, even with the main gates closed. What's installed there is solely to shut off access and from the article sounds like they weren't installed by the council.

Not long after the Limerick greenway was opened, I encountered something similar- about 8 gates in succession closed across the greenway like shown . There was no obvious work or animal movement going on at any of the locations. I've travelled that route many times since and have never seen anymore than one gateway closed and that had a farm worker present to reopen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,641 ✭✭✭✭josip

The New Ross Greenway has a strong resemblance to nuclear fusion from both a cost and timescale perspective. Over €32m and won't be fully opened for at least another 3 years. They can't even give a date for the opening of the New Ross section. I think they've given up with the "opening this summer" that we used to hear every Jan/Feb. Are other Greenways similar or is this one particularly bad?

https://www.facebook.com/100071208614135/videos/619190433496394

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭riddlinrussell

I'm back baby!

If anyone sees anything out of date on the map, please ping me with it. I've done some work (you'll probably see a load of duplicates in Dublin of you look closely) but it could always be more accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭nilhg

The Rahan -Pollagh section of the Grand canal Greenway is complete, other than that great work, well done

• Registered Users Posts: 14,753 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

this one beside the N11 is now going to extend further south to Junction 10 and North to Junction 6 as part of the N11 bus lanes project

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,399 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Brookville Ave. in Limerick City has a cycle lane from the TUS roundabout to Coonagh roundabout.

The road between Jetland and Woodies down to the Clonmacken roundabout has cycle lanes.

Also Hyde Road/Avenue now has a cycle lane almost the length of the road ending at Carey's Road.

Parnell Street has lanes from the junction to the train station.

Baggot estate also has a little greenway which you should be able to see on Google maps.

In Moyross a section from the Watchhouse Cross bus stop to the New Road T junction has been completed.

All of Plassey Park Rd. and Plassey Rd. Near UL have cycle lanes.

O'Connell Street from Ellen Street to Cecil Street has a cycle lane.

There is also no cycle way around King John's castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Advertisement