Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Funds Local Authority Housing Scheme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Sammylok1977

Thank you and seem quick to receive now then before I have no clue which form I should sign to submit

If I remember correctly one is for you to keep one if for your solicitor and one for county council. Think it had it in header of letter which was which. Can check when I’m home
    Thanks so much!!! How long you have been wait ?? So many people got declined!! I m feel like winning jackpot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Congratulations , letter received today with decision , will be opening after work so hopefully I'll be back on here with good news :)

So got approval for less than we applied for , but approval all the same !!!!! :)

Congratulations , letter received today with decision , will be opening after work so hopefully I'll be back on here with good news :)

So got approval for less than we applied for , but approval all the same !!!!! :)
    Congratulations!!! I got loan approval today just 7 weeks apply,Now is my time to house hunting!! Hopefully will get it. Prayed !!

Just want to thank you to everyone who give the comments and advice in Boards, is helped me a lot when apply the loan!! Thanks everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭triple nipple

Anyone managed to draw down yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 tomekJ

Apologies if this was asked before. What is the easiest way in peoples experience to get refusal letters from two banks. Would it be acceptable if I apply for instance €250k to two banks get rejected and then look for less from Co Co?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭raheny red

When people applied with Dublin City Coco did you receive any correspondence to say they have looked at your application or anything like that? We applied about 7 weeks ago now. We received word back from Fingal already. Should we be worried about Dublin City Coco or is this normal practise for them?

raheny red wrote: »
    When people applied with Dublin City Coco did you receive any correspondence to say they have looked at your application or anything like that? We applied about 7 weeks ago now. We received word back from Fingal already. Should we be worried about Dublin City Coco or is this normal practise for them?

We got approval after 9 weeks waiting , heard nothing until the letter of approval so I wouldn't worry, you're in the home stretch!

We received a letter from Fingal saying acknowledging our application and that it was being sent to underwriters, have you heard back in terms of rejection/approval? do you mind me asking how long you were waiting?

We got approval after 9 weeks waiting , heard nothing until the letter of approval so I wouldn't worry, you're in the home stretch!

We received a letter from Fingal saying acknowledging our application and that it was being sent to underwriters, have you heard back in terms of rejection/approval? do you mind me asking how long you were waiting?

Nice one, that's fantastic news to hear. We were getting worried.

We got the very same letter from Fingal a few weeks ago. Haven't heard anything else from them since.

G'luck.

I applied Dublin CoCo, after 7 weeks, I only received a loan approval letter which mean what CoCo offer me. I accepted the offer and I signed the paper and post back to DCC that's all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 LK1988

Just wondering has anybody been rejected after going to the credit commiitee?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

guys, how long is the approval for? 6m, 12m?

And do you have to have a property in mind before you are applying?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Cocobean1

guys, how long is the approval for? 6m, 12m?

And do you have to have a property in mind before you are applying?

Approval is for 6 months as far as I know. I didn't have to put down a property on the form. I checked with rebuilding Ireland and they said it was ok not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Does the mortgage cover legal costs?

No you have to cover your own legal costs and the council's seemingly

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Macros

So we just received our refusal letter in the post today, 10 weeks since we applied :(

1. Repayment Capacity Not Demonstrated (we pay €1100 rent per month and save €700, surely this shows our capacity to repay a mortgage?)
    2. Net Income Ratio Outside of Policy (We are well under the upper limit)
    3. Sufficiently Committed. (no idea about this one, we don't have any loans or credit card debt, what else could this mean? Children?)

Any advice on appealing?

Tried calling the contact listed on the letter for further explaination but am only getting her voicemail all morning :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26 robbo25

Cocobean1 wrote: »

No you have to cover your own legal costs and the council's seemingly
    Hi Cocobean, we have gone sale agreed and are currently waiting on the council to send out our loan documentation. We have not been advised of any council costs we need to cover.  Where did you hear this?

robbo25 wrote: »
    Hi Cocobean, we have gone sale agreed and are currently waiting on the council to send out our loan documentation. We have not been advised of any council costs we need to cover. Where did you hear this?

Its in the letter of approval in principal

Its in the letter of approval in principal

Depends on the council , they're not all doing this

• Registered Users Posts: 26 robbo25

Thanks, will have a look at it later.

• Advertisement

robbo25 wrote: »
    Hi Cocobean, we have gone sale agreed and are currently waiting on the council to send out our loan documentation. We have not been advised of any council costs we need to cover.  Where did you hear this?

The council told me when I met with them to give in my application. I had also heard it from a friend of mine that had applied.

Depends on the council , they're not all doing this

Surely they should all have same rules

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LK1988

Macros wrote: »
    So we just received our refusal letter in the post today, 10 weeks since we applied :(

1. Repayment Capacity Not Demonstrated (we pay €1100 rent per month and save €700, surely this shows our capacity to repay a mortgage?)
    2. Net Income Ratio Outside of Policy (We are well under the upper limit)
    3. Sufficiently Committed. (no idea about this one, we don't have any loans or credit card debt, what else could this mean? Children?)

Any advice on appealing?

Tried calling the contact listed on the letter for further explaination but am only getting her voicemail all morning :(

Sorry to hear that, its crap. Which coco was this? Did you hear this after the credit committee meeting or did you get that far?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Macros

LK1988 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that, its crap. Which coco was this? Did you hear this after the credit committee meeting or did you get that far?

Thanks, it's so disappointing. It's Cork CoCo. I have no idea how far it went. Handed in my application in person 10 weeks ago, was told it would be sent to Dublin and would take 8 to 10 weeks to come back, and then a further up to 2 weeks with the housing officer in Cork.

Tried all day to contact someone in Cork CoCo in the hopes that they can give me a bit more info and we can appeal, but to no avail.

Got accepted by Fingal yesterday. They took exactly 2 weeks longer than Dublin City and offered a little less than them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Best of luck to everyone, moving in time very soon :)

Got accepted by Fingal yesterday. They took exactly 2 weeks longer than Dublin City and offered a little less than them too.

Great congrats , we actually went sale agreed last week on a house in DCC so looks like we won't be needing the fingal loan after all , would still like to hear from them all the same!!

Great congrats , we actually went sale agreed last week on a house in DCC so looks like we won't be needing the fingal loan after all , would still like to hear from them all the same!!

Excellent stuff. How was that process with DCC?

Excellent stuff. How was that process with DCC?

Early days still , Survey was done last Friday and we have to organise an independent valuation , once I have those reports in hand we've to meet with the DCC rep to finalise, but having spoken to them im hopeful it will be a straight forward process!

• Advertisement

Has anyone used this to purchase a new house to builders finish? Was there any issue?

Advertisement