Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Shoelaces wrote: »
    This situation is the most fascinating occurence in the country today. How such violence can be committed by people on people of ages barely past childhood is insane.

The vast majority of teens around this area are feral, you should see/hear them, quick to square up if you so much as glance in their direction, I shudder to think what it's like being a secondary teacher to these animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,687 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

El_Bee wrote: »
    The vast majority of teens around this area are feral, you should see/hear them, quick to square up if you so much as glance in their direction, I shudder to think what it's like being a secondary teacher to these animals.

It seems the country is starting to get like place in England and the States as in a huge difference in classes .

The bad places are getting worse but in other parts of the city more kids than ever are interested in education and college,

Growing up 20 years ago in Dublin we are used being working class and a few upper class area's but now I tink we will see soon see "slum or hoods" that are literally no go area's that the rest of the population avoid ,

There will be a bigger difference in the classes than ever before

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

It seems the country is starting to get like place in England and the States as in a huge difference in classes .

The bad places are getting worse but in other parts of the city more kids than ever are interested in education and college,

Growing up 20 years ago in Dublin we are used being working class and a few upper class area's but now I tink we will see soon see "slum or hoods" that are literally no go area's that the rest of the population avoid ,

There will be a bigger difference in the classes than ever before

Not so sure . A lot of places are fine to live in now compared to years ago . The drugs trade is the major problem . Legalize it

Not so sure . A lot of places are fine to live in now compared to years ago . The drugs trade is the major problem . Legalize it

Switzerland have places to legally get Heroin but you must use it there and then under supervision and it basically solved an epidemic over there,

Weed yes of course Legalize

Cocaine I can never seen it being legalized well not in my life time,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Omackeral wrote: »
    The Chinese have arrived here in great numbers over the years and yet you don't see gangs of them going around causing havoc and intimidating people.
    Did happen though not so much past decade https://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/the-night-the-bloody-triad-wars-erupted-on-the-streets-of-dublin-37185349.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,215 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

This situation is the most fascinating occurence in the country today. How such violence can be committed by people on people of ages barely past childhood is insane. I dont think this country is anywhere near as bad as some people would like to make out it is but im fascinated by what must go through the minds of people who pull the trigger.

The conversation before the build up to it. How its justified. What they do immediatly after they ve killed someone. They have home lives, mams and dads. Do they celebrate? How do they sleep that night?

It used to affect Darren a lot and he couldn’t sleep. Nidge on the other hand would happily go for a quick massage with happy end before back to his wife and child.

This situation is the most fascinating occurence in the country today. How such violence can be committed by people on people of ages barely past childhood is insane. I dont think this country is anywhere near as bad as some people would like to make out it is but im fascinated by what must go through the minds of people who pull the trigger.

The conversation before the build up to it. How its justified. What they do immediatly after they ve killed someone. They have home lives, mams and dads. Do they celebrate? How do they sleep that night?

A lot of these lads don't have a choice due to debt , its either they pull the trigger or its themselves and there family taking the bullet,

Then again there are a few head cases who seem to enjoy it power and fear they gain from doing it ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

What do you believe, everything is working ok the way it is.No changes needed. Its only going to get better.

I think the laws are fine for the most part. I think processing and enforcement needs much more resources. Asylum applications and appeals should be dealt with much quicker for one thing. I don't think immigration policy has had much of an effect on crime.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

A lot of these lads don't have a choice due to debt , its either they pull the trigger or its themselves and there family taking the bullet,
    They usually end up getting killed themselves,gangs have intelligence networks and are usually not slow to indentify hitters against them...OR just as likely,the guy doing the killings will be taken out by his own side..dead men tell no tales..paranoia is king.

Then again there are a few head cases who seem to enjoy it power and fear they gain from doing it ,

They all end up dead,in jail or ****ed in the head.

I knew a few of people who were ahem,involved in shootings (1990s) and they're were all dead from ODs or violence themselves...one or two had their family networks hit too.

• Advertisement

topper75 wrote: »
    Are there many Chinese in direct provision claiming to seek 'asylum'? I never see them in those food quality protests anyway.
    Could be quite telling about bona fides and willingness to work and get on in Ireland.

I am speaking in generalisations. There are of course decent Africans who want to get on. They, like native taxpayers, are done a disservice by the dodgy element.

Haven't asylum seekers only had the right to work for less than a year?

Sounds like a good immigration policy, what's wrong with it?

Too restrictive for one thing. It would exclude people with trades, athletes, artists and unskilled labour. It also skews too much towards older people. In addition, it is pretty elitist, and just plain incorrect, to assume that people would be a benefit to society simpoy because they have been able to obtain a third level qualification. It runs the risk of tunnel vision assessment. Thirdly, it would be extremely hard to police. Whatever chance you have of verifying a criminal record from another country, trying to verify education records would be harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

MrFresh wrote: »

Too restrictive for one thing. It would exclude people with trades, athletes, artists and unskilled labour.

That's fair, I would include any trades or non-professional qualifications in with third level, but for one unskilled labour will be less and less in demand as automation increases, and we've seen the issues that have developed with other european countries with unlimited and unregulated immigration policies. We already have major problems with our own idle young men and women, we don't need to import more.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Its just sad how Dublin has become overrun with drugs. Every second person seems to be on drugs in Dublin these days. How boring and sad your life must be when you have to resort to drugs to make it a tiny bit interesting?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Its just sad how Dublin has become overrun with drugs. Every second person seems to be on drugs in Dublin these days. How boring and sad your life must be when you have to resort to drugs to make it a tiny bit interesting?

Its everywhere, not just Dublin. Small towns and villages with nothing else to do are just as bad. You just don't see it.

Most of the world since time has began have been on some kinda drugs from Alcohol to everything else its nothing new

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

This old chestnut!! yea everyone on ''drugs'' is a boring bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Talk to frank

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Most folk turn to drugs just to wake up in the morning, there are drug dealers on every corner, flogging their wares out of the back of vans at bus and train stations, in business parks and outside schools the country over.

terdible so it is, joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,867 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Most folk turn to drugs just to wake up in the morning, there are drug dealers on every corner, flogging their wares out of the back of vans at bus and train stations, in business parks and outside schools the country over.

terdible so it is, joe.

I never thought that I'd see the like. What next? Somebody will be murdered, and then where are we? Drive by shootings in the night, it'll be like Boys in the Hood.

And then they'll have hoes selling their wares in the middle of the street and the pimps will be using crack cocaine to keep the whores under control.

I'm going home now to lock myself in the basement til they catch that fella.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

terdible so it is, joe.

I blame the parents Joe

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Hoboo wrote: »
    Its everywhere, not just Dublin. Small towns and villages with nothing else to do are just as bad. You just don't see it.

I moved from Dublin to a small country town years ago. Just as much drug use as there is in Dublin, if not more.

Smaller town, less to do, lots of bored teenagers, low employment opportunities if you're not able/arsed to commute.

Just my own observations.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

So you believe we should only grant visas to Chinese people?

Did I say that?

You inferred that all immigrant groups are troublesome. I'm simply asking where are all the ethic Chinese youths running amok in groups over here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭hugs_for_drugs

Something has to change, the just say NO to drugs hasn't work nor will ever, it's laughable the guards stating even low level dealing will get you killed..

Also these young lads are targeted to sell drugs by more sinister b@stards so they stay 1 step away from the drugs and guns.

Look at the house in saggart which got raid by CAB to see who it belongs to now, they've been up to their neck in it for decades but hid it all behind legit business and debt, there's plenty more "well respected" up to their neck.

KM792 wrote: »
    Didn't realise Capper was in hiding as well.
    Both lads are down the country
    It's entertaining to watch people pretend they know what's going on when they're just spouting ****e

True in some respects. The man mentioned above is as close to the city centre as you can get to be honest.

Did I say that?

You inferred that all immigrant groups are troublesome. I'm simply asking where are all the ethic Chinese youths running amok in groups over here?

Ah right, so you think immigrants should be judged by the country they are coming from.
    That's fair, I would include any trades or non-professional qualifications in with third level, but for one unskilled labour will be less and less in demand as automation increases, and we've seen the issues that have developed with other european countries with unlimited and unregulated immigration policies. We already have major problems with our own idle young men and women, we don't need to import more.

I never suggested unlimited or unregulated immigration. Nothing wrong with limiting numbers based on capacity. My issue is with the criteria used for limiting numbers.

So you believe we should only grant visas to Chinese people?
    Ah right, so you think immigrants should be judged by the country they are coming from.

Why do all your responses come in the form of a Cathy Newman interview? Stop starting all your rebuttals with ''so you think...'' because it's incredibly weak and show poor form.

I didn't say immigrants should be judged on anything. I simply posed a question as to why we don't have roving gangs of Chinese youths congregating around various places wreaking havoc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I simply posed a question as to why we don't have roving gangs of Chinese youths congregating around various places wreaking havoc.

Same reason you don't see decent Irish/any other nationality doing it, good parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭6541

I heard the assistant Gardai Commissioner on radio this morning. He was saying even low level drug dealers are getting killed. He appealed for people not to get involved in drugs, started talking about cannabis and informed the country that there are no - no go areas in Ireland.

I was listening going WTF. Cannabis what planet is he on, no one is getting shot over weed, people are getting shot over Coke.
    Also commissioner what are you and your force doing about the availability of guns ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Allinall

6541 wrote: »
    I heard the assistant Gardai Commissioner on radio this morning. He was saying even low level drug dealers are getting killed. He appealed for people not to get involved in drugs, started talking about cannabis and informed the country that there are no - no go areas in Ireland.

I was listening going WTF. Cannabis what planet is he on, no one is getting shot over weed, people are getting shot over Coke.
    Also commissioner what are you and your force doing about the availability of guns ?

How do you know this?

• Advertisement

Why do all your responses come in the form of a Cathy Newman interview? Stop starting all your rebuttals with ''so you think...'' because it's incredibly weak and show poor form.

I didn't say immigrants should be judged on anything. I simply posed a question as to why we don't have roving gangs of Chinese youths congregating around various places wreaking havoc.

How about you stop avoiding the point of the post you quoted then?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement