Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭1641

Pkiernan wrote: »
    No.
    Only far left nutters bring race in to it.

These criminal should be arrested and if eligible deported.

Are you serious ? The far right nutters are delighted with this - a great way to whip up racial division and hatred. Any before anyone says so, no that doesn't mean that these gangs can't be discussed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

not yet wrote: »
    Did you miss 'travel' by any chance...?

Travel where? Have you never been to Finglas or Ballyfermot? There are often gangs of young white youths around, especially in the evenings. They aren't doing the trashtag challenge either. It's pretty telling that this is such a big issue for some people when they are more bothered by youths doing bad things when their parents might be foreign.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭1641

https://www.google.com/amp/s/extra.ie/2019/03/14/news/irish-news/car-wash-war-tallaght/amp

Looks like those who carried out the attack on the African man in Tallaght are eastern Europeans.

Well, I'm sure if they did it was just incidental. Noone will suggest that it was related to their "culture" or "nature" or "genetics" - East Europeans that is. :rolleyes:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/extra.ie/2019/03/14/news/irish-news/car-wash-war-tallaght/amp

Looks like those who carried out the attack on the African man in Tallaght are eastern Europeans.

It's just people being blind to what doesn't suit them. 10/15 years ago you'd have the same people arguing against all the Polish people. And there absolutely were gangs of Eastern Europeans around. They stuck together as new immigrants tend to do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

MrFresh wrote: »
    It's just people being blind to what doesn't suit them. 10/15 years ago you'd have the same people arguing against all the Polish people. And there absolutely were gangs of Eastern Europeans around. They stuck together as new immigrants tend to do.

Polish and other immigrants still do stick together from what i see, that isn't the problem. The problem is gangs of Africans travelling around north Dublin robbing and assaulting Irish people.

• Advertisement

Polish and other immigrants still do stick together from what i see, that isn't the problem. The problem is gangs of Africans travelling around north Dublin robbing and assaulting Irish people.

Aren't many of them born in Ireland?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The problem is parenting.

Whether the little sh1ts are African, Irish, Polish or whatever. Lazy parents will not know or care where their darlings are. Will not ask any questions when they come home with money or a new (or different) phone, bicycle, jacket, set of trainers.

It's nothing new. Ask any shop owner in Dublin city about gangs (or groups of young lads, if 'gangs' sounds too alarmist) coming in and clearing them out. That's gangs of non-Africans, for years, nothing new.

Until there is some incentive (or disincentive) for people to adjust their parenting style, it will go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Travel where? Have you never been to Finglas or Ballyfermot? There are often gangs of young white youths around, especially in the evenings. They aren't doing the trashtag challenge either. It's pretty telling that this is such a big issue for some people when they are more bothered by youths doing bad things when their parents might be foreign.

Ha Ha, Listen pal, I'm from the inner city and have lived in a lot of working class areas, so don't try lecture me on Ballyfermot or Finglas..

You have whatever agenda suits your narrative, I'm not reading anymore of your bullsh1t.

Aren't many of them born in Ireland?

Not sure, what I do know is a lot of them speak with English accents. Make of that what you will

Some people would have you believe it's not a problem.

• Advertisement

Not sure, what I do know is a lot of them speak with English accents. Make of that what you will

Innit bruv...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Effects wrote: »
    What I've read from the mother:
    "my baby boy wouldnt harm a fly the bastards dragged up ***** tat did it ill every last one of yous scumbags police me bollox ill kill them telling lies about a fight i 40 against 1 scumbags SCUM"

https://www.facebook.com/paulachristinalarkin

Child doesn't look too battered to me?? Big smile on his face???

BBFAN wrote: »
    Child doesn't look too battered to me?? Big smile on his face???

Do you think by any chance that's an old photo ?

not yet wrote: »
    Ha Ha, Listen pal, I'm from the inner city and have lived in a lot of working class areas, so don't try lecture me on Ballyfermot or Finglas..

You have whatever agenda suits your narrative, I'm not reading anymore of your bullsh1t.

If you think youths traveling around in gangs is not something that white youths have been doing for a long time then you either have no knowledge of those areas or you are lying.

So why call them African?

If you think youths traveling around in gangs is not something that white youths have been doing for a long time then you either have no knowledge of those areas or you are lying.

So why call them African?

Sorry, they are Africans trying to be English gangsters.

Sorry, they are Africans trying to be English gangsters.

They are Africans trying to be English in Ireland? But they could be Irish, you don't really know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭Quandary

spurious wrote: »
    The problem is parenting.

Whether the little sh1ts are African, Irish, Polish or whatever. Lazy parents will not know or care where their darlings are. Will not ask any questions when they come home with money or a new (or different) phone, bicycle, jacket, set of trainers.

It's nothing new. Ask any shop owner in Dublin city about gangs (or groups of young lads, if 'gangs' sounds too alarmist) coming in and clearing them out. That's gangs of non-Africans, for years, nothing new.

Until there is some incentive (or disincentive) for people to adjust their parenting style, it will go on.

I wish I could thank this post twice. The parents need to be held accountable legally and financially for the behaviour while their child is up to a certain age. I am currently teaching in a disadvantaged school and one of our 6th class pupils delivers drugs by bicycle regularly in and around the area. The Gardai have caught him multiple times but nothing is being done because he is too young to prosecute. Tusla have been working with the family in question for over 3 years and the situation has just gotten worse, not better. Our principal has mountains of paper work, liaising with the local community Gaurd, social worker, various tusla staff but nothing has worked because his parents are complete scumbags who do not give a sh1t.

I won't go on because this is really a topic for a tangential thread but lack of parental accountability is a colossal problem in allowing serious juvenile crime to continue to run rife in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

That's the last we will hear about that so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Dante7 wrote: »

The odd thing is that he claimed it was a racist attack according to a media interview he gave.

Though it's quite possible a journalist wrote it for him. I've seen that happen before.

Dante7 wrote: »

You were spot on anyway the other day about this. This fella is obviously lying through is teeth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

It’s black gangs African gangs not Irish not Eastern Europe you see them anywhere from Balbriggan to Dundalk especially going around in huge crowds terrorizing people not once did I see in my lifetime any other ethic group doing this as regularly and I have worked in every part of the country.

leestone wrote: »
    It’s black gangs African gangs not Irish not Eastern Europe you see them anywhere from Balbriggan to Dundalk

What? Is there some punctuation missing there? What's the colour of their skin got to do with it?

especially going around in huge crowds terrorizing people not once did I see in my lifetime any other ethic group doing this as regularly and I have worked in every part of the country.

Sheriff Street, Finglas, Blanchardstown, Ronanstown, Clondalkin, Ballyfermot, Drimnagh, Killinarden, Jobstwon. All have issues with gangs of youths and have done for decades. No indication they are anything but Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭daveville30

Gangs in these areas are 5 or 6 lads not 20. mugging people the people of balbriggan had a protest outside the garda station about these African gangs has this been the case with young polish or even irish no because they don't behave like a pack of wild dogs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

What? Is there some punctuation missing there? What's the colour of their skin got to do with it?

Sheriff Street, Finglas, Blanchardstown, Ronanstown, Clondalkin, Ballyfermot, Drimnagh, Killinarden, Jobstwon. All have issues with gangs of youths and have done for decades. No indication they are anything but Irish.
    Can you provide an example of 40+ Irish youths roaming around Dublin randomly attacking men, women and children?

In your own time please.

Gangs in these areas are 5 or 6 lads not 20. mugging people

What fantasy land are you living in?

It’s black gangs African gangs not Irish not Eastern Europe you see them anywhere from Balbriggan to Dundalk especially going around in huge crowds terrorizing people not once did I see in my lifetime any other ethic group doing this as regularly and I have worked in every part of the country.

No, No, you are wrong, you have to be wrong. Either that, or you're lying..

Gangs in these areas are 5 or 6 lads not 20. mugging people the people of balbriggan had a protest outside the garda station about these African gangs has this been the case with young polish or even irish no because they don't behave like a pack of wild dogs

No, No, you are wrong, Irish gangs travel in huge numbers to attack and terrorise local people. So why are you picking on Young black youths..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

You were spot on anyway the other day about this. This fella is obviously lying through is teeth.

Yep. You could spot that there was something not right there. I think I called nonsense when he said he was called a monkey.
    Now that we know that this wasn't just some random racist attack, it would be interesting to see if there were other attacks in the area about these car wash wars. Was this victim involved in other attacks in this "war"?
    We'll never know. Once it is minorities misbehaving the press don't really report it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement