Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Jan 2018]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,373 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭DT2016

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Every time George’s mother starts asking George to forgive her I keep imagining Dot saying “you ought to be ashamed” The part where George was holding his father’s hand and his father looked down and snarled at George to “get your filthy hands off me” was really chilling. Great work done by everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭_Knight

George mentioned it in last nights episode to the mother that "you knew it was only going to be for one or two years" so more doubts thrown into the timeline.

Something like that. We know Ben is leaving and he's having a more prominent role with Johnny so far so something maybe happening there?

Maybe they try stitch up Dean but get found out and Ben goes to jail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Baybay

Baby farming was quite a complex construct. Many farmed children grew more comfortable with their host families sometimes to the detriment of their relationships with their birth parents, many of whom worked & studied long hours in hopes of providing better lives either in the UK or in their home countries. UK raised children sometimes didn’t settle back with their birth parents & felt like they didn’t really belong in either of their families or countries. The expectation was that farming would be a relatively short term solution for students & workers but it wasn’t always the case, it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,738 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I think Dean has the knife .... somehow! - gonna use it against L ... well i dont mean use it on L , just that he is gonna say something like you can have the knife back if you tell everyone I didnt rape you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭prunudo

If Denise finds it in one of her states she might use on someone innocent thinking it is Keanu

He had about ten minutes to find it under the bed, decide what to do with it, access Denise’s house with her & Stacey inside & get back to The Vic to tell Linda to summon the others so I don’t know if he had time for all that. Maybe he did but I think it’s more likely to be Dean. We know he had been in The Vic that night but do we know he left?

• Advertisement

Unlikely it was Dean, or certainly not on Christmas night. Afair, Linda looked at the knife during an episode after the Christmas day episode.

Another thing I noticed, Linda said tonight it was a meat thermometer, but could swear it was a 2 pronged meat fork.

ah yeah thats right about dean. Thing is what was that at christmas where Dean was in the house part of the pub and then you see the door left open to the store-room as if it was implied Dean heard or saw something but escaped out of the back door?

Maybe Sharon took the turkey fork that's what I thought the weapon was, a large fork, on holiday with her, ridiculous her missing the storyline

The weapon was a meat thermometer. Elaine had it in the kitchen in an earlier scene. I can’t remember if the phone rang but something like that caused her to be in the hall where she spoke with Linda I think & then she put it down to rush off to attend to something else. That made it an easy grab for Linda later that night.

It is a bit silly that Sharon is away so long but perhaps it’s realistic enough as each of The Six are probably displaying behaviours that might be typical in such circumstances : flight (Sharon), refuge in alcohol (Linda), distraction (Stacey), mental health decline (Denise), emotional highs & lows (Kathy) & getting on with things (Suki).

Sharon is also the only one with both money & lack of ties in Walford that would make it easy for her to head away, to escape. In the long run, that might draw more attention to her than the others if the police decide to have a closer look. Can’t say I miss her too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Probably not wise of Linda and Johnny to reveal to the others that Johnny knows about Keanu's death, at least not at this point anyway. I mean, considering how on edge everyone is lately, and how mistrustful they are of Linda with her drinking, there's no way to guarantee that one of the others wouldn't get paranoid and act against them in the future. At least that is my take on it in regards to how everyone has been acting lately. Johnny could have helped Linda without the others knowing.

Other thing about the Dean theory, why would he sit on that information for the last 2 months if he over heard or saw anything on Christmas day.

Six storyline is dumb now.

We all know none of them are going to get done for it. They're all well regarded long serving members of the cast.

It's all pointing towards Johnny framing Dean for the murder.

I need a little bit explaining to me - L stabbed Keanu dead and yet Dee is going off her rocker... I know L is turning to drink but even so, the most dee done was hit Nish over the head and knocked him out but didnt murder anyone

My theory is in initial lead up to aftermath, they filmed multiple scenarios to keep the cast on their toes. They kept the Denise angle going and adapted it since is my guess.

Equally, I wonder did they also film a scene where Sharon killed him, and had planned on her doing a runner. Its ridiculous she has been missing for 2 months with a storyline that she is very much central too.

Since Denise fell on the body and lost her D necklace, she has lost it, she thinks she will go down for it, now she is seeing Keanu

• Advertisement

I’d half thought that Lucas was going to turn out to be an hallucination of Denise’s.

Tonight’s episode felt like it was never ending & if that’s the back of Denise for a while, that’d be a good thing as far as I’m concerned. Diane Parish did very well but the way the episode was put together or maybe edited, it all felt a bit scrappy. Perhaps though that’s what they were going for, an indication of Denise’s mindset.

A silly as the storyline is, I did find tonight's episode quite enjoyable and Diane Parish's performance these last few weeks has been really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I think she will confess to Lucas and he will use it to possibly get a reduced sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭Deeec

Im not warming to Jade at all. She seems to have been cast really badly -she doesnt look like a teenager and why do wardrobe dress her like an old man? No teenager would wear those clothes!

Why did Lucas call Jack, why not call Chelsea whose number he'd have, how had he Jack's mobile number

Will Suki or Stacey confess next maybe to Eve?

I'd say they will confess somewhere down the line. It looks like each member of the 6 has someone that they confided in so it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

Way I see it

Kathy - Rocky

Linda - Johnny

Denise - Lucas

Suki and Stacey - Eve

Sharon - Zack (maybe)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭DT2016

Meanwhile Sharon is sunning herself in Australia lol

Do you think he’d have Chelsea’s number? I thought all ties there had been cut. Maybe easy enough to contact Walford police station & be transferred to Jack?

I hope Johnny isn't going to frame Denise if he has the weapon

• Advertisement

If Johnny has the weapon then how did he know it’s significance? He did spend the night, or at least napped in Linda’s room with the other two children when she was drunk so unless she told him then & doesn’t remember or one of the children found it & he kept it for whatever reason I’m not sure when or how it’s come into his possession.

Advertisement