Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Jan 2018]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,518 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭dixiedan

• Registered Users Posts: 11,765 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

O the Gob on Legs which is Karen is back again - Shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭DT2016

• Registered Users Posts: 7,168 ✭✭✭prunudo

I thought when it was initially announced she was leaving, it was said her exit would be one that meant she couldn't return, ie. she was being killed off.

• Advertisement

I am glad she is back asking questions about Keanu as Bernie was more concerned about pleasing Nish

Poor Denise now seeing Keanu who she did not kill

me too - even thought I read in a magazine/paper/online that "karen dies in the Cafe fire" .... but of course that maybe had the question mark at the end of the click bait and I just didnt notice it ...

I thought she had some falling out with the shows producers or there was no-where else he character could go so thats why she went.

But its making me think now, that even though I dont like her , she does it seem have a lot of people who do like her/her character , so I wonder if this is why she is back, that the producers brought her back under pressure?

It's stupid Sharon and Albie away when Karen returns

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Stacey lives with about a thousand people and still mysteriously Jack seems to be invisible to them all.

• Advertisement

Kathy acting the hard tough woman even Phil is wondering why, it really is none of her concern, she is bringing suspicion of her and the others

I hope Karen stays longer and maybe even teams up with Phil or Nish to puzzle together what happened

Kathy wants everyone locked up ha ha she’s a boss

Bernie is doing my head in, cries of being alone, missing her family but tells Karen leave, she should be asking questions of them all

It's a shame Karen is gone already

I think Phil could get done once Keanu's body is finally found maybe Denise does a Sam, digs him up

Johnny "Reggie Kray" Carter doing more for Linda in a day than Elaine in all her return

This Johnny is very different from the last two Johnnys whom did Callum even talk with?

Johnny was always a twink and now he’s like an old man lol at least recast with similar looks

bloody ell - they didnt even try in the casting department by getting a look-alike

Old Johnny:

'New' Johnny!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Am I being cruel when I say new Johnny face is weird always crunchy looking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

A very young Colin Salmon with Helen Mirren in Prime Suspect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Brilliant episode.

Wonder is the guy who plays George the same actor that was training the gladiators in Spartacus, he looks just like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Excellent episode, excellent writing and excellent acting. The casting for the role of his mum and dad is bang on. They nailed it. I must admit I observed the fact that Gina has the afro hair whereas Ana's is straight when they came into the programme. She also has skin a bit darker than her. They were cast that way so now it makes more sense.

I'm sure a fair few mixed race viewers were wiping some tears - the racism probably hits home for them personally.

In fairness Linda is acting the drunk well. But that whole storyline of Keanu is gone ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭BaywatchHQ

If people touching your hair was the worst thing to happen to you at school then you had a fairly easy time at school.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Baybay

If people are touching your anything, at school or wherever, the problem is that you never know if that’s where it’ll stop.

Peter Mensah is a Ghanaian-British actor, based in Canada. He is best known for his role as Oenomaus on the Starz television series Spartacus.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭_Knight

I have mixed views on the episode.

On one hand, it was excellent acting, great casting of the mother and father.

However, I have several issues:

• I was left with question marks over if Eddie killed the man because he was black. It seemed to be building up for that to be the case, but it ended with the reason being the mother asked him to do it to prevent George being taken away. If George's father was white, then the same thing would have happened. Therefore, he wasn't murdered because he was black and racism had no part to play.
    • The whole storyline was building up to Eddie being racist, attitudes towards Gina, no black people at the party etc. However, this ends up being a sidestory. Eddie is a racist, but it's not proven that he was hostile to George as a baby because he was black. He said he did it to make the wife happy, but again, him being unhappy with George could have been because he was adopted and not his own flesh and blood. Not everyone is for adoption.
    • The two girls scene had many problems. First of all, Molly Rainfords acting was atrocious. Secondly, I know they were going for the whole "people are still racist today" angle but the examples Gina gave showed more that Gina had a victim complex, rather than suffering from racism. What did she say, something like, "people feel they can touch my body". I don't know how this relates to racism. Most women and many men will have been victims of unwanted physical contact, be they black or white. "I bet you're wild in bed" - again, nothing racist in that. "I don't usually go for girls like you" - nothing racist about that either. Some men might have a type like tall and blonde. They might say that to someone who's short and red haired. Doesn't mean it's racist. I think these writers and society forget that you can be different but equal with someone. Go to any Irish school and be different, be it body shape, wearing glasses, hair colour and they'll stand out. Someone with a mohican is going to stand out and attract attention. Gina also has some cheek to be lecturing others on morality seeing as she got into bed with her step mothers daughters (step sister?) rapist.
    • Final issue I had is the timeline. I think I saw in the article that the man got killed in 1984. George remembered being there and was training in a gym so you have to think he was at least 11 or 12. However, the reason the mother wanted the man killed is because she said fostering was supposed to be temporary and was afraid she'd lose George. BUT George was 11 or 12 at that time so seems it would have been quite a long 'temporary' foster arrangement as they had him since he was a baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Photobox

I found it a hard watch , I'm adopted and some of what was discussed last night affected me too, not the skin colour but the secrecy and the longing to know where you came from. It was excellent drama though to be fair and it was an honest and raw depiction of the way things were.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,168 ✭✭✭prunudo

Agree, the timeline didn't seem right, I thought he said he was 15 but maybe I picked that up wrong. It would make more sense that the victim was George's brother.

I didn't expect Linda to confess to Johnny sober this soon

What now, Johnny to frame Dean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67,251 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Don't follow it religiously but even if you never seen the series you would have to say the acting in the last two episodes was exemplary. Storyline was fascinating too

Advertisement