Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Kerry Babies Case

Options
1555657585961»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭chooseusername

The Garda statement said nothing about DNA.

Try reading the Times article you linked yourself, slowly this time.

A quote from "one source" from last year is not " a very unusual statement from the Garda Press Office today, 

• Registered Users Posts: 15 anonymo203

delete

• Registered Users Posts: 15 anonymo203

If that’s the case, that his family knew you would wonder how it was kept such a dark secret for four decades without anyone cracking. I presume the mothers family would have known about the pregnancy. Who had that much power to keep people from talking for this length of time?
    The case is just baffling from start to finish. How could you sleep at night knowing what happened that poor baby? And left unidentified with no name and just go with your life and play happy families.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭chooseusername

" They married, had two sons and lived happily ever after until they were finally identified."

I thought the couple never married.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Caquas

I see your problem. You think the Gardai said nothing about the DNA because that part of the IT report was attributed to a "Garda source". Do you understand that the "Garda source" is the Garda in the press office who just issued the statement and then followed-up with the juicy bits off the record to the IT?

If you think this IT report is just a re-hash of the Garda statement from a year earlier and has nothing to do with the solicitor's outrageous claims about the DNA a week earlier in the Indo - well, bless you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Theres a great series on Netflix at the moment called Life On Mars. A time-travel series. A British cop from the naughties gets transported back to 1973. To see the attitudes of, albeit, English law enforcement, compared to the political correctness of today, may go some way to explain the huge shift in policing over the last 4 decades.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,085 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has any media named the couple, the parents, and I wonder did they ever think of him after marrying and having other kids

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

…and prejudiced any potential case? Let's hope not!

Advertisement