Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posts of Responsibilty

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

ASISEEIT wrote: »
    Im 99% it says this circular supersedes all previous

I think all circulars say that. We need to see if there's any mention of 'consultation' or 'by consent' in this one which would mean the A posts can't be changed unless those in it are willing to change.

EDIT: Think I found it if the newest one is 003/2018. 5 mentions of 'consultation'.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭ASISEEIT

I saw the list of jobs JMB had proposed under each heading-mother of divine Jesus. Principal says it wont be that bad but I aint sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Icsics

I saw the list of jobs JMB had proposed under each heading-mother of divine Jesus. Principal says it wont be that bad but I aint sure.
    Ah yes the JMB had more input into this circular than any union u can be sure!

Where did you see that?

It was made available to staff. Principal said it was a suggested list and THAT even though each competency had ten jobs attached the end post given in a school proably would be a lot less.
    Can people please outline what good or crap posts presently exist in schools,

• Advertisement

Can I ask if anybody has decided not to apply for these posts and why?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭liverpool lad

Hi. Has anybody gone through the interview process or have schools began this yet? We have had a staff meeting where we discussed the needs of the school and the priorities but nothing since has come about.

Interested to see how this circular is being used in schools

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭liverpool lad

Hi. Has anybody gone through the interview process or have schools began this yet? We have had a staff meeting where we discussed the needs of the school and the priorities but nothing since has come about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

If there's posts going I'd guess they'll be held off to be interviewed before September starts

Ours will be filled before summer....bit of a rush on now to get it sorted out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

It would make more sense from a timetabling point of view to get them filled before the summer if possible rather than faffing about with 4 hours here and there at the end of september and trying to recruit teachers for a few hours spread throughout the week

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭paddybarry

It would make more sense from a timetabling point of view to get them filled before the summer if possible rather than faffing about with 4 hours here and there at the end of september and trying to recruit teachers for a few hours spread throughout the week

Is there a timetable allowance with these posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

paddybarry wrote: »

Not in Voluntary Secondary schools, only in ETB’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

paddybarry wrote: »

In ETB schools A post holders teach 18 hours instead of 22.

The new coordinator post has hours going with it depending on the number of students in the programmes covered by the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

ccazza wrote: »

Some voluntary schools do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

km79 wrote: »

ASTI should have insisted that all AP1's get a time allowance in secondary schools the same as in ETB's and C&C schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

km79 wrote: »

ASTI should have insisted that all AP1's get a time allowance in secondary schools the same as in ETB's and C&C schools.

If some voluntary schools manage it there must be mechanism already available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

The interview panels need to be trained up on the new criteria before they can hold interviews, otherwise any appointments could be subject to appeals

• Registered Users Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭doc_17

The voluntary schools that do give a time allocation must be pinching those hours from somewhere - reduced subject choice or perhaps bundling resource students together.

Anybody done these interviews yet?

• Advertisement

ccazza wrote: »

Whaaaat? I never knew this. Mad how they can be treated differently. I would have thought ASTI would have brought that up.

dory wrote: »
    Whaaaat? I never knew this. Mad how they can be treated differently. I would have thought ASTI would have brought that up.

Asti were only involved in the negotiations for this circular at the end, it was a done deal

Has anybody read planning for our schools 2016 ? Do you personally plan that much for your classes as this report encourages? Do you differentiate? Is this all bull**** or reality?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Has anybody read planning for our schools 2016 ? Do you personally plan that much for your classes as this report encourages? Do you differentiate? Is this all bull**** or reality?
    Bring the power down in front and reduce the power by one. That's the only differentiation in my class.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭doc_17

It is bull****. But unfortunately it’s our new reality.

I just had a fear that there are teachers already out there doing this stuff??

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

Can I ask if anybody has decided not to apply for these posts and why?

Yeah,
    I have.....While I enjoy teaching my subjects I have no interest in being shackled down to the posts which now involve responsibility and accountability far beyond their monetary reward.
    .....I’m in the early stages of setting up a business and plan to devote more time and effort to this without being caught up in the demands of school middle management!

sandyxxx wrote: »
    Yeah,
    I have.....While I enjoy teaching my subjects I have no interest in being shackled down to the posts which now involve responsibility and accountability far beyond their monetary reward.
    .....I’m in the early stages of setting up a business and plan to devote more time and effort to this without being caught up in the demands of school middle management!

From a financial point of view there is easier ways to make money than a B post. To be fair an A post is a different matter. Any fool, including me, can make 2k extra a year. Thats what a B post amounts to after tax if not less.
    Personally i think i might be pleased to get one or not get one. If that makes any sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ggg16

Applying for an A Post. All advice gratefully appreciated as am unsure how to go about this!

• Advertisement

Is it for a Year Head position?

Advertisement