Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S9/9+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,335 ✭✭✭xtal191

Patww79 wrote: »
    The Pixel 3 and Note 9 are about all that's left worth waiting to see this year I think.

6T too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

jay28 wrote: »
    Software update available for me this morning, think it's about 300mb in size

Which network?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Anyone use screen protector on there 9+ ?

Would normally just throw a plastic one on but never had a curved screen before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Anyone use screen protector on there 9+ ?

Would normally just throw a plastic one on but never had a curved screen before.
    I use this one and I find it great. Comes with an applicator to get it perfect.

Link: http://amzn.eu/4HRA0e1 ;

Link: http://amzn.eu/4HRA0e1

Any ideas if it fits the spigen cases?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Link: http://amzn.eu/4HRA0e1

Any ideas if it fits the spigen cases?
    Yeah, I have a Spigen neohybrid on mine and it fits great

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Which network?

Three

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I have tried two glass protectors on my S9+ and they were dreadful. The zagg was ok for a while but I had to take it off. Sensitivity was non existent. I tried a skinomi and it's been great.

I would have preferred a glass protector but I've been pleasantly surprised at the skinomi.

Edit: Here's the skinomi i purchased on Amazon US. You can get it from UK site as well.

Got the plus today bought cheap tempered screen protector today which will do for now but not really happy with it. There's smudge on bottom from inside and the line around edges takes away from screen to. The plastic one I had on phone when bought it was nicer!

Are they all crap or?

Keep seeing the WhiteStone one mentioned but 50 euro for a screen protector! Especially considering some people have got cracks in them and have no idea how. More i think about it i have a neo hybrid case coming later i might just go with plastic screen protector they have done me fine over the years with other phones.

Any ideas where to get plastic screen protector s for s9+ in Dublin?
    All I can find is glass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Dunne_bkill

Any ideas where to get plastic screen protector s for s9+ in Dublin? All I can find is glass.

Ebay is your best bet IMO. You should get one delivered from Ireland no problem.

Ebay is your best bet IMO. You should get one delivered from Ireland no problem.

Amazon have one or two that deliver to Ireland id get them on Friday if order now.

Was looking at this one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Protector-Hephaestus-Anti-Scratch-Bubble-Free-Installation/dp/B07C55FQKG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I bought the Spigen Neo Flex

https://www.spigen.com/products/galaxy-s9-screen-protector-neo-flex

It's great - no loss of sensitivity and as you apply it with liquid, there are no bubbles. It also allows you to align it perfectly before it starts to stick. There is a small amount of screen that's not covered, and the feel of it is very different to the screen - your finger won't glide as easily across it as without it, which will take a little getting used.

You get 2 of them in the pack, though I'm still on my first after 4 months and it's showing no signs of peeling off or anything

Have the one I mentioned in my post above coming tomorrow so see how it turns out!

One glass ones I bought with thr phone came off in my bed last night!

**** load good that tenner got me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Have the one I mentioned in my post above coming tomorrow so see how it turns out!

One glass ones I bought with thr phone came off in my bed last night!

**** load good that tenner got me!

Let us know how it goes.

I picked up the S9+ on Wednesday and I'm really impressed. Coming from 8 years of Apple I have really been missing out, such a poor deal comparatively.

I've disliked the Apple experience for the past 3 years but was loathe to spend more money!

Let us know how it goes.

I picked up the S9+ on Wednesday and I'm really impressed. Coming from 8 years of Apple I have really been missing out, such a poor deal comparatively.

I've disliked the Apple experience for the past 3 years but was loathe to spend more money!

It comes as a two pack and a video to show how its setup. I messed setup 3 or 4 can't remember which first time round you need to be careful with the top piece that covers the front speaker as well as the plastic can get a little bent and collect dust when your lifting the tab.

I got the hang of it all and got the second cover on perfect and so far looks great!

You can feel its not as smooth as normal screen but nothing awful I'm sure it will adapt more with time.

You need to also watch the edges they raise a tiny amount but nothing major u can just smooth thrm over.

For anyone who has the neo hybrid spigen case is it just me or does yours feel bit loose on the sides around where buttons are?

Only really noticed today now I can't ignore it ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

For anyone who has the neo hybrid spigen case is it just me or does yours feel bit loose on the sides around where buttons are?

Only really noticed today now I can't ignore it ha.

Nope mine isn't.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Nope mine isn't.

It's like the right side Is clicking back and forth slightly as if it's not tight enough fit.

Ha typical I sort the screen protector now case giving issues.

Weird it seemed fine yesterday when got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Considering a change from Apple. Is this still the best android flagship all in all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Hi all

Having a problem with my s9 the last few days, every time I go to make a call in getting "not registered on network" error. It seems to be intermittent.

I've tried fitting a new SIM card, reset network settings and last night did a full phone reset but still having the issue.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Considering a change from Apple. Is this still the best android flagship all in all?

Coming from Apple I'd get the P20 Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Or possible wait for the next Mate coming in autumn?

ForestFire wrote: »
    Or possible wait for the next Mate coming in autumn?

I got the Mate 10 Pro for my Mrs off Amazon a few days ago. I'm seriously impressed. The battery life is amazing, she must have easily got 7 or 8 hours SOT in her first full day.

Cheap as chips at a bit over €400 as well.

Basil3 wrote: »
    I got the Mate 10 Pro for my Mrs off Amazon a few days ago. I'm seriously impressed. The battery life is amazing, she must have easily got 7 or 8 hours SOT in her first full day.

Cheap as chips at a bit over €400 as well.

That's a savage price for one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Might I ask why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭ForestFire

The mate 10 is a great price for "just about" this year processing tech (I have a p20 Pro myself), so if your happy with this, then it is a steal.

If you want the best available on the market, future proofed and money to burn, then the next mate and with the next kirin processor might be worth the wait.

I think people suggesting the Huawei here because it's claimed EMUI is similar to ois...... And there is also a notch.

Yep it was the similarity to iOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭kevez

Has anyone ordered the S9 from amazon.es if so how long did it take to dispatch and deliver? I ordered on the 29th July but still hasn't dispatched

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

If it's the same seller I was looking at they weren't available before the 6th I think it was.

I bouught off trade in tech in town for cheaper in the end.

Advertisement