Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girl "scared" after hijab attack

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Shield wrote: »
    Yes, it was a good call, but I got slammed for even daring to start the thread in the first place. AH has been modded incredibly well of late, so I took a gamble and thought it might be a good place to start a difficult discussion on the facts as stated.

Boy, was I wrong!

That'll learn ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

And your 'extensive policing experience' compelled you to start this thread, about children not making sense, in After Hours?

Really?

Any response now Junkyard?

Im sure Shield is listening lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Omackeral wrote: »
    This was in Canada

I'm aware of that fact like, but anti-Islamic sentiment isn't limited to the UK, it exists across the Western world. This might have been codsh*t but there are countless incidents identical to this that happen all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

Yes, it was a good call, but I got slammed for even daring to start the thread in the first place. AH has been modded incredibly well of late, so I took a gamble and thought it might be a good place to start a difficult discussion on the facts as stated.

Boy, was I wrong!

All the psychotic lunatic lefties desperately thinking up excuses for the girl

Heres a few .
    • She is a victim of racism/islamaphobia - thats why she did it
    • It's trump fault, hes creating division and she have to make stuff up - not her fault!!!
    • It's the far right and all the attacks and murders they are carrying out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

TAQIYYA

Called it

TAQIYYA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Called it

TAQIYYA

Taqiya is a Shia concept to avoid persecution while travelling in Sunni areas. It hasn bugger all to do with what you're suggesting. It's amazing the amount of people willing to regurgitate stupid tropes they glean off partisan sites on the internet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 mcfitness20

Boy, was I wrong!

take a persons word for what they say,
    but when someone is so obviously lying you can't deny
    it
    adults made a liar out of her
    probably clinton supporters foundation

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Pero_Bueno wrote: »
    All the psychotic lunatic lefties desperately thinking up excuses for the girl

Heres a few .
    • She is a victim of racism/islamaphobia - thats why she did it
    • It's trump fault, hes creating division and she have to make stuff up - not her fault!!!
    • It's the far right and all the attacks and murders they are carrying out
    Or maybe still a non story as it was a non story before. 11 years old telling truth or not is not the most riveting issue on the planet. And instead of discussing how it is even ok for 11 years old wearing a hijab to cover what is considered by some sexual parts there will be an in-depth discussion about her plan for worldwide Muslim domination.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,657 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

What did it for me what when she said her attacker ran away.

Everyone knows you don't run with scissors.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Boy, was I wrong!
    Nah you got slammed because a lot of people are fed up with thread after thread on muslins/identity politics/travellers etc, and then you picked an innocuous incident on the other side of the Atlantic. It's almost as bad as all the **** 'some nobody said something on twitter' threads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

1. Where’s Nodin?

2. Where’s Nodin to defend this girl for fabricating this story?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,657 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Nah you got slammed because a lot of people are fed up with thread after thread on muslins/identity politics/travellers etc, and then you picked an innocuous incident on the other side of the Atlantic. It's almost as bad as all the **** 'some nobody said something on twitter' threads
    Yeah but you have to be fair here. This thread was none of the above. It didn't take long before I was effectively made out to be a white nationalist for trying to discuss a topical story.

At least I now know not to start that thread about vegan feminists cycling in the bus lanes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

I have nothing against people of any religion but I fear there is going to be a huge backlash against this type of whinging.
    I had my confirmation shoes stolen when I was 11. I got on with it. I didn't whine about being oppressed.
    People who decide to live in western countries who come from non-western countries, please get on with it. Worship your God by all means, but don't expect everyone to stand to attention while you do. You shouldn't be surprised about how few people give a fiddlers.

meeeeh wrote: »
    Or maybe still a non story as it was a non story before. 11 years old telling truth or not is not the most riveting issue on the planet. And instead of discussing how it is even ok for 11 years old wearing a hijab to cover what is considered by some sexual parts there will be an in-depth discussion about her plan for worldwide Muslim domination.

Its indicative of the world we are living in today, that poor girl is being brought up being told she is a victim and to exploit and play the "Islamaphobia" card any chance she can get.
    She should be being brought up in TRUE equality , being told she truly is EQUAL to everyone else - not this victim victim victim mentality!!

Disgraceful and the anti Trump hysterical left wing fascist media are just making it worse.

There was a spate of false hate crimes reported in the weeks after Trumps win - it was so f*cking obvious to anyone with an ounce of sense that it was complete bs.

just one example
    HEIL TRUMP --- really ??? ****ing really ??

Even the biggest KKK redneck wouldn't write something like that ffs!!

1. Where’s Nodin?

I know yeah, and I provided a little list for people just like him too ...

And your 'extensive policing experience' compelled you to start this thread, about children not making sense, in After Hours?

Really?

25 cents has been deposited to your shill account
    yours sinerely
    george soros
    (together we can destroy europe)

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭millie35

1. Where’s Nodin?

The mere mention of Nodin which rhymes with Odhinn may get you a warning.

baylah17 wrote: »
    If you had kids you would consider a knife attack on an 11 year old as an extremely serious.
    MAYBE SOME OF US DONT LIE AND DON;T TEACH OUR CHILDREN TO LIE
    how many children do you have yourself,????
    let me guess none?????
    like the rest of the posters here who are trying to destroy europe
    you call us nazis,
    we are just trying to protect our children:D

Skyfarm wrote: »
    I don't have to guess where you got your knobhead comments on the starting of this thread.

if you are a police person, then there is very serious questions to be asked of your posting,
    you do realise that the first thing you do when a child/man/woman reports abuse is to believe them.?

your post suggests that you are both judge and jury on this experience for the child

have you just comprised your role in the police service?

haha
    eat your words
    or scuttle down into the sewer you came out of:pac:

Odhinn wrote: »
    A great advertisement for our liberal values there.

let me guesss
    another big mouth phaggot with no childer of his own telling us how we should destroy europe,
    six curses on your head

• Advertisement

Now what we need to know now is why two siblings lied to the media, the police and their school about something that verifiably didn't happen.

oh lordy
    all the shills who called you a racist have disappeared
    quelle surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

25 cents has been deposited to your shill account
    yours sinerely
    george soros
    (together we can destroy europe)

What's wrong pet? Did mammy not give you enough hugs and now you're angry with the world?

*hugs*

baylah17 wrote: »
    If you had kids you would consider a knife attack on an 11 year old as an extremely serious.

if, big if, you had kids you would consider sending them on international tv to make dirty filthy liars of themselves abuse,
    or maybe by your standards it's normal :pac:

What's wrong pet? Did mammy not give you enough hugs and now you're angry with the world?

*hugs*

i've no problem
    you could apologise to shield for your scurillous derogatory accusations and insinuations,
    and then fukk off back to reddit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Madagascan

I have nothing against people of any religion but I fear there is going to be a huge backlash against this type of whinging.
    I had my confirmation shoes stolen when I was 11. I

Protestants again Dougal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

1. Where’s Nodin?

I know yeah, and I provided a little list for people just like him too ...
    millie35 wrote: »
    The mere mention of Nodin which rhymes with Odhinn may get you a warning.

MOD Don't be calling out other users like this on thread, next time will be a ban!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,027 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

It was hardly innocuous, it was front page news on the BBC news app the day she told the story and last night when the police said it did not happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Disgraceful and the anti Trump hysterical left wing fascist media are just making it worse.
    Pot calling kettle hysterical?

It almost amuses me how hysterical some can get about a fairly unimportant incident. Get a life. (and before I'm called left wing snowflake I'm not but I'm also not a completely paranoid right wing saddo).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

FTA69 wrote: »
    Taqiya is a Shia concept to avoid persecution while travelling in Sunni areas. It hasn bugger all to do with what you're suggesting. It's amazing the amount of people willing to regurgitate stupid tropes they glean off partisan sites on the internet.

Yarden Mariuma writes: "Taqiyya is an Islamic juridical term whose shifting meaning relates to when a Muslim is allowed, under Sharia law, to lie.

Wrong again, you are very good at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

The poor girl was probably a victim of internalized Islamophobia.

Advertisement