Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girl "scared" after hijab attack

Options
  • 13-01-2018 4:25am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,657 CMod ✭✭✭✭

The claim made by the child in question is that a man walked up behind her at 8:30am while she was walking to school, pulled down the hood of her winter jacket, and started cutting her hijab with a scissors. She screamed and he ran away. She hurried across the road with her brother where they followed a crowd of people "to be safe".

The man then came up behind her again moments later and resumed cutting her hijab. When she noticed him behind her cutting her hijab again, "he just smiled and ran away".

The man managed to cut the hijab twelve inches.

From extensive policing experience, none of this makes sense. The time, the setting, the assault, the risk of getting caught, the return of the smiling man "wearing all black" despite the crowd, no eyewitnesses from the crowd, no alarm raised, and so on, and so on.

For all the above reasons and many more, I don't believe this happened, or it has been greatly, greatly exaggerated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Shield wrote: »
    From extensive policing experience, none of this makes sense.

And your 'extensive policing experience' compelled you to start this thread, about children not making sense, in After Hours?

Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I'm not fan of any religion especially the 'extreme' ones, and I'm definitely against the hijab.

But any attack on a child is sickly and cowardly.

*Assuming this is of course true.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

A whole 9 minutes of who gives a sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

For all the above reasons and many more, I don't believe this happened, or it has been greatly, greatly exaggerated.

She's probably being prompted to do this by muslim activist relatives to get an "islamaphobia" story in the news. She doesn't sound emotional at all, it sounds like she learned her spiel from a script.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,657 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

And your 'extensive policing experience' compelled you to start this thread, about children not making sense, in After Hours?

Really?
    No. I don't have extensive police experience starting threads in After Hours.

I had to draw on my extensive Boards experience for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

The claim made by the child in question is that a man walked up behind her at 8:30am while she was walking to school, pulled down the hood of her winter jacket, and started cutting her hijab with a scissors. She screamed and he ran away. She hurried across the road with her brother where they followed a crowd of people "to be safe".

The man then came up behind her again moments later and resumed cutting her hijab. When she noticed him behind her cutting her hijab again, "he just smiled and ran away".

From extensive policing experience, none of this makes sense. The time, the setting, the assault, the risk of getting caught, the return of the smiling man "wearing all black" despite the crowd, no eyewitnesses from the crowd, no alarm raised, and so on, and so on.

Thats 300mm for you old bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Someone's gotta say the magic phrase!!!!

Radical
    Islamic
    Terrorism

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

jonon9 wrote: »

Thats 300mm for you old bastards.

Cool. I have a 300mm willy so

Along with me massive hands

Take that fake news!

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

There's also the simple possibility that the guy had mental issues, which isn't beyond the scope of what's being described here. And far worse crimes have been committed against children in far more public places and times than given above.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

A dwarf attacked my Muslim friend once...

It was a lowjab attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Lil bollox in the background needs this treatment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

The fact that she’s claiming it happened the morning of the press conference, shows no emotion and seems to be very scripted makes me believe it never happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'm struggling to see why a minor assault, even if on a child, where nobody was physically harmed, and on another continent, is worthy of a thread here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

OP, in 1938, reading the newspaper. Reads about kristallnacht.

"In my vast policing experience, this didn't happen"

Because of the lack of internet he is unable to open thread on boards. He puts down the newspaper happy out he has told those liberals what is what in his mind again. The end.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Attacks and abuse thrown at women in Islamic dress are common in the U.K. And have increased massively in recent years. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that similar stuff occurs in the US considering the xenophobia being stoked there.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

I'm a little sceptical TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,021 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

She's probably being prompted to do this by muslim activist relatives to get an "islamaphobia" story in the news. She doesn't sound emotional at all, it sounds like she learned her spiel from a script.

She's probably 3 or 4 raccoons dressed up in a trench coat with an intricate string and pulley system.

'Bout as based on fact as your statement

• Registered Users Posts: 19,021 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I'm struggling to see why a minor assault, even if on a child, where nobody was physically harmed, and on another continent, is worthy of a thread here.

It's not. It's purpose is to bring the "debate" down to two points of view that are well aired on Boards and neither party will convince the other that they are wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I’m struggling to find a point of this thread other than to be divisive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

There have been several so called anti Islam attacks that were proved fake over the last year or so. Would not be surprised if this proves to be the case here. Justin Trudeau, never one to miss a chance to virtue signal has condemned it. Hope he ends up with egg all over his smug face.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

There just wasn't a thread on the first page of After Hours that allowed people to vent about either Islam or islamaphobia, so the OP helpfully searched the depths of the internet for something.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I’m struggling to find a point of this thread other than to be divisive.

Exactly, even if this is a hoax (everything is possible) you can be sure there are countless real examples of Muslims in America being abused in the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Field east

Stories get legs , the media take them on, politicians get involved and give the story a higher profile, makes the news on TV and now it becomes a REAL story irrespective of whether it happened or not - or something fairly innocent may have happened but certainly not the story that was put out there. So I wonder what was the case here. Everybody, by their utterances/ actions have an agenda- be it an overt or covert one. There is no problem with one having an agenda but are they trying to keep it SECRET?

By way of example , on the Late Late show last night, Liam Neeson had a very frightening story about a man who touched a woman's back in some endearing way during an interview or some similar situation in public felt that he should mention it to the lady afterwards that he should not have done it- now that we are in the ' Wynestein era'. He reiterated again a short time afterwards again what he had done and apologised for it. The lady ,on all occasions said not to worry, it was nothing, etc, etc. A few months afterwards a solicitor representing the lady sent a letter to the gentleman about the matter. You probably can accurately guess what the letter was about. Neeson was making the point that this area of "who touches who, in what way, etc , etc, etc" is gone overboard.
    So if it goes to court, who's story will will be believedand which story will be the correct one?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Is this 'there was no Muslim terrorists attack this week that I know of but we have to fill antimuslim quota' thread? You can do better op, I'm sure someone blew themselves up in Kabul or Mogadishu or somewhere. You can start a thread about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

meeeeh wrote: »
    Is this 'there was no Muslim terrorists attack this week that I know of but we have to fill antimuslim quota' thread? You can do better op, I'm sure someone blew themselves up in Kabul or Mogadishu or somewhere. You can start a thread about that.

Sure it’s only noteworthy if it’s in the West. Muslims killing Muslims is surely a good thing in some people’s eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Stopped watching after a minute, though the young lad in the background was funny, fixing his hair and sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I hope it's in the past if you don't know the rules when dealing with any suspected assault on a child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Well if she doesnt like it, she should stop being a terrorist.

/sarcastic post/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Poor kid.

Can't possibly know the truth from here, so I am more inclined to accept her word until proven false by the actual police.

Advertisement