Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Replacer Price?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭stretch film

the key is a high level of skim milk , circa 50 %.
    will be using another product to shine as oad option this year .
    glanbia taking the p**s on price.

looked elsewhere without much success.

What did you price? Bought 1t of shine. 45/bag
    Country products have a high skim powder looks fine. Came with a reccomendation.
    The spec Buford had up before is Oad after 3 weeks if required. aimed at replacements .
    Both higher pro and oil .
    Glanbia were dearer than your price and was basically told to take it or leave it.
    Another stockist outside the county was not much better.
    Might regret changing but have only
    one years experience to go on with them. Maybe they're trading on their name a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Country products have a high skim powder looks fine. Came with a reccomendation.
    The spec Buford had up before is Oad after 3 weeks if required. aimed at replacements .
    Glanbia were dearer than your price and was basically told to take it or leave it.
    one years experience to go on with them. Maybe they're trading on their name a bit.

I bought it off glanbia. Another company we deal with were 100€ dearer for the tonne of the same powder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭stretch film

I bought it off glanbia. Another company we deal with were 100€ dearer for the tonne of the same powder

Shur I heard better myself subsequently in a different branch.
    business manager was stubborn at that price . Drives me mad with them. We're all in the one co-op are we not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭alps

I'll have a look tomorrow when I'm down

The Protein and Fat are quiet low at 20/17. Is it as low as this in the Shine bagged product? It just means that you would have to feed 12% more of it than a 22/20 to get the same MS intake.

Everything else looks good, low fiber figure, yeast is excellent to have, and it's the first time I've seen buttermilk powder included. This is probably what differentiates it from the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

What ration are lads using? Used Aurivo calf crunch last year and happy enough with it, any value deals to be had? I see Glanbia are doing €50 off their calf feeds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭alps

Anyone using milking machine detergents in a calf feeder?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭johnnyw20

Anyone ever use this stuff? Flash sale on till midnight. Picked up 10 bags. Usually get the green gain easi mix for €45. Only rear a few every year so I’ll try this this year

https://www.glanbiaconnect.com/shop/product/GAIN-Easi-Dual-Calf-Milk-Replacer-20kg/1083790

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭johnnyw20

johnnyw20 wrote: »
    Anyone ever use this stuff? Flash sale on till midnight. Picked up 10 bags. Usually get the green gain easi mix for €45. Only rear a few every year so I’ll try this this year

https://www.glanbiaconnect.com/shop/product/GAIN-Easi-Dual-Calf-Milk-Replacer-20kg/1083790

Here’s the back of the bag. For €37 its worth a trial for a while

Advertisement