Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Replacer Price?

Options
  • 12-01-2018 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi I was wondering has any priced different brands of milk replacer and does anyone know the contents to tripple a maverick (protein content)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭alps

Gkinlab wrote: »
    Hi I was wondering has any priced different brands of milk replacer and does anyone know the contents to tripple a maverick (protein content)

It's a volac product, with many other similar Volac derivatives...interesting if you could find out what the different price points are for these similar products...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭stretch film

alps wrote: »
    It's a volac product, with many other similar Volac derivatives...interesting if you could find out what the different price points are for these similar products...

A screengrab I took from an earlier thread

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Track9

Last year ( Early 2017 ) I contacted a good number of suppliers for "competitively priced milk replacer " What I found was comparing Like with Like , the Protein content etc , best deals were the smaller not so heavily promoted milk replacers .
    The only way to get price down is where they will supply you with a Pallet of 20 kg bags delivered . I cannot remember if it was perhaps twenty bags.
    Good price reduction , tho one would need to store it carefully, unless one has a loc of suckie calves in batches .I would like to hear if you make any progress ? P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭nhg

Getting to that time of year again...

We used 111 bags of Bonanza Shine Once A Day to rear 67 Bull Calves last year and we plan on using it again this year to rear the calves. Just wondering if anyone has got any prices yet for it.

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 24,381 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

nhg wrote: »
    Getting to that time of year again...

We used 111 bags of Bonanza Shine Once A Day to rear 67 Bull Calves last year and we plan on using it again this year to rear the calves. Just wondering if anyone has got any prices yet for it.

TIA

Drop a pm to stanfit in relation to this. Tell him I sent ya to him about this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Reggie. wrote: »

The fecker is on commission !!!

mahoney_j wrote: »
    The fecker is on commission !!!

You know what I'm on about J

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Can ye not just post a price? Akin to being back in the school playground again!

Can ye not just post a price? Akin to being back in the school playground again!

Don't have a price and no need for sneery remarks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

24% protein and over 50% skim is about €1340 to €1650.
    Powder for lambs/kids €1850 to €1950.

• Advertisement

24% protein and over 50% skim is about €1340 to €1650.
    Powder for lambs/kids €1850 to €1950.

That's per tonne? About €33 per 20kg bag for the calf powder so.

Wouldn’t post prices for lot of stuff here bar to lads I’d know as like everything there’s deals to be done and price is determined by lots of things like payement date /purchasing group disc etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

How many litres would u get out of a bag regie?

kevthegaff wrote: »
    How many litres would u get out of a bag regie?

All depends on what rate your feeding the replacer at Kev could be anywhere from 600 to 900 gramms of powder per calf per day depending on farmer .hard beat dairy calves rested on good quality powder with consistent feed rates/times etc etc

All depends on what rate your feeding the replacer at Kev could be anywhere from 600 to 900 gramms of powder per calf per day depending on farmer .hard beat dairy calves rested on good quality powder with consistent feed rates/times etc etc

Hard to beat OAD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭nhg

Mahoney_j - Are you still using the Shine OAD, (think you were using it at one stage anyway) we don’t want to change as we found it very good the last few years...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

Per ton.
    You’re rearing for beef?
    Consider using powder for lambs or kid goats. They’ll be as fat as snails after 60-80 days on it...just like they were under a cow.
    Found it hard to get carcass weights over 400kg (16mts) until we changed over.

Hard to beat OAD

Sure is

nhg wrote: »
    Mahoney_j - Are you still using the Shine OAD, (think you were using it at one stage anyway) we don’t want to change as we found it very good the last few years...

Yep and wouldn’t change ,also going to use some of the trans formula this year too .great products and back up from bonanza and calved fly on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭memorystick

Wouldn’t post prices for lot of stuff here bar to lads I’d know as like everything there’s deals to be done and price is determined by lots of things like payement date /purchasing group disc etc etc

Lads just like a ballpark figure as a guide. Your supplier will not be threatened!

• Advertisement

Lads just like a ballpark figure as a guide. Your supplier will not be threatened!

On glanbia connect at €51/bag last time I looked

• Registered Users Posts: 29,227 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Agridirect also have some on their website, with a price chart on feeding rate

Well if anyone is paying that there been well rode

• Registered Users Posts: 29,227 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Indeed I often wonder who buys at the prices they quote on it

Yes they are . Ball park was asked .
    Apply your own discount after that .

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Track9

Was paying 45 euro for 23 % Volac at Local Co Op Store late 2018.
    Know we were being charged well , but unable to locate any good options , unless purchase 1 X Ton Pallets .
    Any suggestions on smaller amounts this year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭blackdog1

Can get elvor milk powder for 2000 a tonne equivalent to 40 euro a 20kg bag. Comes in 25kg bags so it's 50 per 25kg bag.

On a side note was talking to a guy from the North that rears veal and he only uses half the milk powder rate but has some serious calf ration and says calves fly on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Did someone here have trial results on the best type of milk replacer, in terms of performance as opposed to price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭alps

Mooooo wrote: »
    Did someone here have trial results on the best type of milk replacer, in terms of performance as opposed to price?

Every crowd has a trial proving their powder is the best...

Advertisement