Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNA Wrestling Megathread

Options

Comments

Just watching the pre show and Philips is already 100 times better than Striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Didn't realise it was going to have a ROH title match, which was a pleasant surprise.

And seems more RoH involvement in Impact as well going by what happened.

The IInspiration weren't there due to being close contacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,351 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Charlie Hass made is big time wrestling comeback at Impact tapings last night against Josh Alexander and was stretchered out of the building.

PWInsider is reporting now that he is ok he was just knocked loopy.

Probably should put a spoiler on that seeing as though it's in the Impact thread. I know not many watch Impact but it is a spoiler before the show airs.

The last time I saw Charlie he was not looking in great shape glad that he is back to a level where he can wrestle again and 50. It is 20 years since his brother died where does time go.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Anyone here watch the markyd123 Ring of the Hawk stuff on YouTube? Definitely an acquired taste that's very off putting at the start, but one of the best youtube channels for TNA content that I've come across, and the weird style does get funny after a while if you can stick it out

So they have a random title vs title match with no build at all apart from Rok-C being in attendance at Hard to Kill. Why?

Rok-C just won the title and they take it off her already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Recently had a wwe tryout, may be the reason why

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

How would I go about watching Impact these days if I was ever in the humour? I've watched a few PPVs via Fite but where does the weekly show air?

Yeah I think she's WWE bound. If AEW didn't try to sign her, they're idiots. I'm sure they did though. She has so much upside and potential. Even now atm she's great.

• Advertisement

Sign up for their app on the free tier and you can watch the weekly show. Don't think they show it live but it'll be there the next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Cool thanks I'll look into it. Probably won't watch it all the time but might dip into it now and then.

Delighted that Deonna finally won the ROH title and well deserved for the best female wrestler in the world now she just needs to get her Impact title back off Mickie once Mickie is done with her ego publicity trip to the WWE. Deonna needs to hold all the belts and that included the AEW world title as well and why not head to Japan and take the Stardom and take the World of Stardom Championship while she is at it to add to her AAA titles and become the true belt collector.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

No way is Deonna better than Syuri, Giulia, Iwatani or Utami but it would be cool to see her back in STARDOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Wait what you just actual made a post without referencing which wrestlers you are hanging out with or how much money you are paying for tickets or what backstage parties you are going to damn that must be a first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Fair but I have a unique insight that a lot can't get due to travel restrictions etc so figured some people would be interested in some of the crazy adventures. It's certainly more interesting than posting terrible takes and getting into it with posters over their previous posts. Maybe go out into the world and experience things rather than trawling post histories and simping for the likes of Deonna.

Strange seeing the Royal Rumble footage on Impact.

And heel turn! I'm guessing another one next week.

I'm glad that we finally get to see interesting heel Cardona here on Impact too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,163 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

AEW I'd say, never a worse time to join the women's roster in WWE since 2015 and she can only fall up in the other place.

I assumed WWE since AEW seems more open to wrestling elsewhere. Though I was just looking this morning and seems she signed a multi year contract with Impact last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,163 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'd be curious to know what pay Moose and Grace are on.

In case people didn't recognise Konnor in his debut here, they kept his booking consistent with his time in WWE.

I assume Jai will do No Surrender then that's it?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,351 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Josh Alexander's contract has expired and his US Visa has also expired.

That's mad, I wonder how it came to this.

Was this why Brandi name dropped him a few weeks ago?

He may have been holding out for an offer from AEW or elsewhere or a better Impact offer. Maybe didn't like the thought of being forced to sign a multi year contract for a company you mightn't want to stay with in order to stay in the country.

It's a real shame if it came down to money because Josh and Impact went very well together. Impact were telling a good story that might never get a conclusion now, and I don't see Josh doing as well in AEW

Impact seem to be holding the door open for his return at least, let's hope they can work something out

• Advertisement

They seem to be going the Trish/Mickie route with Mickie and Chelsea. How long until the turn?

I know it was for the BC story, but any result that involves Good Brothers retaining is not a good result.

Was obvious what was going to happen in the main event but it was just a question of who would turn. Though how it happened was stupid. I'm not a fan of the kendo stick as for years it's been a weak looking weapon with repeated shots just being used to wear down an opponent, yet last night it took Rhino out for a long time. If someone had hit a finisher on him at least it wouldn't have looked so bad.

Advertisement