Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

would you pay to go onto a beach?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,816 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Vast tracts of beach in sun drenched countries are either privately owned (hotels and private clubs) or incur a usage charge from local authorities to access them.

No point using Ireland as an example, but in places where beaches are busy daily for long seasons, they need fees for facilities, cleansing and maintenance, its hardly a mystery.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,718 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

wakka12 wrote: »
    If it was a big sandy beach and it was hot and you'd spend hours there reading and swimming Id pay a fiver..
    theres not really any large beaches in dublin and not many days hot enough Id want to go to a beach so unfortunately for those reason Id not be happy to pay any amount of money to use them

our beaches down here in sligo are used pretty extensively all year round. if its not people sunbathing in the summer (all 2 days of it if we are lucky) then they are running on it, walking along it , surfing on it (well you know what I mean) , and more than likely doing unmentionables on it . *

Then in March/April when we tend to have our summer (some nice warm/hot weather actually sometimes) then you know the popular beaches get quite busy

Edit: - *I forgot to mention people walking dogs on it and riding horses on it ....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

If this mad notion was to be brought in, there would be a market created for illegal beach parties.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,276 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

For the one day a year we have sun is it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Surely this is one of them things my Local Property Tax pays for.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,036 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I realise its the wrong time of the year to be talking of Beaches and Summer - but i'm bored LOL ... but if Councils started charging people to use beaches in the summer would you pay and how much would you be prepared to pay.

My initial feeling was no way ... but then I got to thinking if it was done right and kept clean of rubbish (and dog poo and the like) ,

I stopped reading here. Why aren't people cleaning up their own rubbish and dog poo?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Wouldn't be a bad idea, it would keep the riff raff away, though Ireland being Ireland it would cost a fortune to rent a space so few would do it.

Advertisement