Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jmpie

I was just told by the dealer now that they are not supplying the 3 pin and that Nissan and Hyundai will stop after current stock is gone! Which I assume is just a story from Kia.
    So anyone have any luck with engaging them on the social media platforms?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

jmpie wrote: »
    I was just told by the dealer now that they are not supplying the 3 pin and that Nissan and Hyundai will stop after current stock is gone! Which I assume is just a story from Kia.
    So anyone have any luck with engaging them on the social media platforms?

Yep - I'd assume its a load of old rubbish.

However if, Hyundai & Nissan, do stop supplying the cables that they have been supplying as part of a new EV purchase 'when current stock is gone' - that stance certainly does not indicate an awareness of any safety related issue with the charging units or any issue those manufacturers have with old Irish House wiring, because they should immediately be stopping the supply of such cables under those circumstances if we are to believe there is a safety issue. They would not let potential dangerous stock be supplied - otherwise they would be totally liable in the event someone's plug melted etc.. & that person took it up with the manufacturer saying they knowing supplied them with cables with a fault or where the manufacturer still continued to supply cables even when they knew of potential house wiring problems...

So if they (Nissan & Hyundai) do run out the existing stock & don't supply the cables from that point onwards - and don't even issue a safety recall notice for everyone who has already received one, then all that says to me is that its a greed / profit making attempt against the Irish Car Buyers (eg They see Kia getting away with this & follow along....).

Just IMHO..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Kia Ireland reply to someone on Twitter

"Hi David* they're intended to be a way of charging your car in emergencies but we've seen a number of cases where people have been using them as their primary charger. For health and safety reasons we've decided not to include them".

*tweeters name

Old diesel wrote: »
    Kia Ireland reply to someone on Twitter

"Hi David* they're intended to be a way of charging your car in emergencies but we've seen a number of cases where people have been using them as their primary charger. For health and safety reasons we've decided not to include them".

*tweeters name

Only in Ireland though!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

That's a load of bolliX, they know full well that the majority of purchasers who charge at home will be relying on the Granny cable until they are up and running, if they are applying for the grant then it could be an extended period of time....

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,150 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

kevin16w wrote: »
    I went with the red. It’s very striking in the flesh. Really like the look. Although some might say a bit flash.

Hey, have you collected the car yet? Would love to see more photos of the actual car in red. I’m torn between colors and want to be certain when I go in to order. I’ve seen a black one around and it looked great too. It’s gonna be black, red or graphite in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Batesy wrote: »
    Hey, have you collected the car yet? Would love to see more photos of the actual car in red. I’m torn between colors and want to be certain when I go in to order. I’ve seen a black one around and it looked great too. It’s gonna be black, red or graphite in the end.

I can post a couple of pics of the graphite if you want them. :)

I can post a couple of pics of the graphite if you want them. :)

More the merrier! :)

IMG-20190619-135542-1.jpg

IMG-20190619-135534-1.jpg

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kevin16w

I called in yesterday to sort out some stuff. I am at a conference Monday and Tuesday so won’t get to collect until Wednesday morning. I didn’t take any more pictures yesterday when I saw it but I really am liking the red

Here are some from the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Red looks stunning ðŸ‘😋

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

What's the insurance like with the eniro, have your policies increased?

It really is striking in red. In the best possible way. I take it the interior is still black leather?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

i have the red phev. really like the colour. nice rich red

insurance was up recently went from a 141 Corsa to a 191 phev and only about 20eur more difference in price

It really is striking in red. In the best possible way. I take it the interior is still black leather?

I didn’t really notice to be honest. I believe it was more a dark grey than black. It was nice though. No idea on insurance yet. Will see when I get Reg done.

I think all the interiors are a dark grey leather with a white piping detail.

These are some pictures of the Demo model 39kWh I had in April. showing the seats.

Hi does anyone know how long the SEAI grant application takes to be processed, Spoke to the dealer today and they said they were sending it in today only. They said it could be the 13th before the car would be available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Hi does anyone know how long the SEAI grant application takes to be processed, Spoke to the dealer today and they said they were sending it in today only. They said it could be end of the 13th before the car would be available?
    I was told previously 15 days.

dmcg90 wrote: »

That's not great it would put another week on it for me, Thanks.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,151 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

10 working days i was told when i bought the ioniq and it took the ten full working days almost exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Luckylow10

Yes I found that out AFTER I had put deposit down and wanted to go ahead with purchasing a new leaf.. very sneaky.

dmcg90 wrote: »

That's not great it would put another week on it for me, Thanks.
    The only positive note would be, I'm sure the SEAI are anticipating a wave of new applications with the 192 registration so they might be more on top of it.

Oh yesss:D

IMG-20190701-165213-1.jpg

It'll grow as I drive it. On the way home the consumption was falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Oh yesss:D

IMG-20190701-165213-1.jpg

It'll grow as I drive it. On the way home the consumption was falling.

Very nice - hope you enjoy the car - looks lovely.

Saw a Black one in Tesco Maynooth Car Park a few weeks ago - good looking car (IMHO).

Cool to see you have the -'Auto Regen' option (as you have the Radar Unit in your e-Niro). It appears to be a great feature & well used by those who have it on their UK Spec Kona Electrics ( based on UK forum feedback).

I'm sure you will love all your driving now & I find it super not having to rely on the public charging network in my normal usage patterns with my Kona Electric. The range is brilliant.

You definitely made a good choice of EV!

Are there many others after getting their cars yet?

Are there many others after getting their cars yet?

Later today for me!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

We need some photos, someone put their golf clubs in the boot for a pic please

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement