Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corned Beef

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

A quarter of Corned Beef/Luncheon roll and 20 Johnnie Blue

The staple diet of every dole scrounger the length and breadth of the country

And Brawn. It's like crack cocaine to dole heads

• Registered Users Posts: 23,451 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

You haven't lived until you have had corned beef and cabbage in a tayto sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

silverharp wrote: »
    then there is corn beef hash, why was that never a thing here?

Wouldn't fit in the Rizla's.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Was given corned beef sandwiches for years at school. Butter and corn beef on bread. Sometimes I would swap with one of the lads who travelled on on our bus - my sandwich for his caprisun. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Not really into the sliced stuff but the cooked one you have with cabbage is nice. I wouldn't have a sauce with it.

My mam never really made that or ham because my dad and brother don't like them but my granny use to make it quite a bit. Didn't matter what she made though, her food was always nice :)

I've made it myself a few times for a change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Makes a killer stew.

Zaph wrote: »
    Real corned beef is vile. The tinned stuff is even viler. When I was a kid the real stuff was often made from brisket. When you consider how good a brisket barbecued for 12-14 hours is, throwing it into a big tub of brine before boiling the arse out of it is an awful travesty.

While I respect you as a Boards.ie Admin, thank (g)(G)od you're not in charge of what I eat ! :eek::p

Links below to just one of dozens of craft butchers in Ireland who are producing unique meat products using quality Irish beef, pork, lamb etc- all delicious

I agree with you in terms of the tinned stuff- but please, educate yourself on brisket beef and other cuts and what craft butchers are doing with them. It's not all bad- corned beef is eye of the round, cured and pickled. Spiced beef is also a revelation.

https://www.jackmccarthy.ie/shop/products-page-2/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭OnDraught

If you call it brisket every hipster wets their beards over it.

Marty Bird wrote: »
    If you're feeling rather hungry, hey there's a product you'll remember.

Eat it hot or cold on Sunday, or you can put it in a blender.

Corned Beef with chips or with salad, It's corned beef - even Buckingham Palce eats corned beef.

Hey why don't you try corned beef hash!"?

Oooh! Do "Black Bins Bags" next :D

Advertisement