Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On Your Death Bed

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

joining boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

joining boards

You dont have to wait for your death bed to change that. :P :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

I'd go out with my lad in my hand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

I'd buy a more comfortable bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

You dont have to wait for your death bed to change that. :P :P

You can’t not join.

It’s more addictive than crack!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Would you go away and let me die in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,875 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Few care really apart from your definitely loved ones.

And then life goes on for everyone.

We are just a little spot on the horizon. And soon forgotten but sure that's life and death.

The funeral is the thing for the neighbours though. I love that shyt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Fake News

I wouldn't change anything. I would just die bitter in contempt of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

I told you I was sick

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

I'd have broken up with that battleaxe of a woman known as my ex-wife about 15 years ago. She's had a puss on her that would turn milk sour since the day I married her.
    Why did you marry her, you too should have gone to specsavers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

i'd go back and have that affair with the boyfriends uncle when i was about 18. definitely something I would have benefited from immensely :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

i'd go back and have that affair with the boyfriends uncle when i was about 18. definitely something I would have benefited from immensely

So he could just fill you in ??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Well, I'd say one doesn't know when their deathbed will be.

Slightly off topic, but reminds me of an incident many years back when I had an accident in work, resulting in torn ligaments in my ankle, ouch, I remember it clearly, it was a nice warm Friday afternoon.
    It was only when I arrived in A and E that I remembered the previous evening looking at my toenails, which were like those novelty monster feet slippers and thinking "ah fúck it, i'll cut them at the weekend, sure no ones going to see them!":mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Slightly off topic, but reminds me of an incident many years back when I had an accident in work, resulting in torn ligaments in my ankle, ouch, I remember it clearly, it was a nice warm Friday afternoon.
    It was only when I arrived in A and E that I remembered the previous evening looking at my toenails, which were like those novelty monster feet sleepers and thinking "ah fúck it, i'll cut them at the weekend, sure no ones going to see them!":mad:

My toenails are a constant source of embarrassment for me as I like to wear socks as little as possible. But yet, I can’t seem to muster any interest in rectifying the matter so they will continue to do so. I totally understand. Also: torn ligaments. OUCH. I stretched a ligament in my ankle years ago. fück-me-hard-with-a-knobbly-dildo, that hurt.

Ewww, reminds me of when I went through a period of serious depression a few months after my terminal diagnosis. As I’m sure many will know, depression is often accompanied by a lack of interest in personal hygiene. Sometimes I’d go into hospital for treatment having not showered for the guts of a week. :o Poor hospital staff and fellow waiting room reluctantees. Manky. But exceptionally bad times for me so I won’t beat myself up too much over it.

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Sometimes I’d go into hospital for treatment having not showered for the guts of a week. :o it.

Too depressed to wash - Lynx, the shower in a can:D

I think I could make it big advertising!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

MORE FOOTBALL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'd go back and tell my younger self to stop thinking about what they would go back and change and just get on with life.

Exciting!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

James 007 wrote: »
    Why did you marry her, you too should have gone to specsavers

Sometimes a person can be too close to the eye of the storm to be aware of its true force.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

It was only when I arrived in A and E that I remembered the previous evening looking at my toenails, which were like those novelty monster feet slippers and thinking "ah fúck it, i'll cut them at the weekend, sure no ones going to see them!":mad:

Rocked into A&E on a stretcher with a leg injury years ago wearing Homer Simpson boxers, not embarrassing in itself but they "laundry day" boxers more holes than the plot of a crap movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

I'm hoping I'll have my wits about me enough to tell the family in a tremorous voice to gather round as if to say something of grave import and then just say something like arse and quietly pop my clogs.

Think my sons would definitely like that.

• Advertisement

fergus1001 wrote: »
    So he could just fill you in ??

he was a big man, he most certainly would have 'filled' me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

he was a big man, he most certainly would have 'filled' me

19uv95.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

If I was given the opportunity to go back in time and change anything, it would be to my leaving cert year of 1995, and choose the career I wanted, and not what I thought my parents wanted me to do. Biggest regret ever and annoys me still to this day. Ah well...... .

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    19uv95.jpg

:D

now thats a shocked expression, but i'm sure you could guess where my mind went straight to with that image:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

If I was given the opportunity to go back in time and change anything, it would be to my leaving cert year of 1995, and choose the career I wanted, and not what I thought my parents wanted me to do. Biggest regret ever and annoys me still to this day. Ah well...... .

your post made me think of this..

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2012/feb/01/top-five-regrets-of-the-dying

i'd go back and have that affair with the boyfriends uncle when i was about 18. definitely something I would have benefited from immensely :(

What age was this uncle?
    Sounds more like you dodged a bullet than something to regret!

But then again, I didn't see him. Was he like totally dreamy, haw......:D

What age was this uncle?
    Sounds more like you dodged a bullet than something to regret!

But then again, I didn't see him. Was he like totally dreamy, haw......:D

totally dreamy?:D

he was a bit older than the gob****e I was going out with.
    I don't think I dodged a bullet, I think I would have been happy if I had the balls to follow through and make a move:P

I was picturing some creepy auld geriatric drooling at the prospect of getting his wrinkly auld hands on some prime young flesh:eek:

• Advertisement

I was picturing some creepy auld geriatric drooling at the prospect of getting his wrinkly auld hands on some prime young flesh:eek:

no HE was prime young flesh too:P
    about 10years older, & I felt at the time that I wasn't womanly enough for him so I didn't act on it.
    I wasn't a young 18year old either, but I felt I wasn't enough for him.

old wrinkly creeps would not be someone I would regret not getting my hands on :D

Advertisement