Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On Your Death Bed

Options
  • 08-01-2018 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

It’s many years from now and your surrounded by your loved ones, your about to take your last breath and leave this world. If you were given the opportunity to come back and change something/anything in your life what would it be? Why wait until your deathbed can you make that change right now ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

I'd never have started watching Lost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

#noregrets

*dies*

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DaeryssaOne

I'd go back in time and personally pay for a nationwide advertising campaign teaching people the difference between your / you're; lose / loose; though/tough etc. and all other pedantic stupid things that drive me up the walls.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Travel back in time and make my parents split up before they have children.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

That time in 2007. I was buying a new pair of trainers, it was Friday, I was fully expecting the sales person to say "have a nice weekend", they said "do you want the receipt in the bag?".
    I instantly said "Thanks, you too" and walked off.

I had to go back and get the receipt too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

I definitely would have rode my french teacher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I'd go back in time and personally pay for a nationwide advertising campaign teaching people the difference between your / you're; lose / loose; though/tough etc. and all other pedantic stupid things that drive me up the walls.
    The phrase is actually "drive me up the wall". You must drive yourself up the wall! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Drinking that stockpiled cache of Bulmers pear shortly before my death. Left the family with an awful mess to clean up.

I'd kick a lot more fcukers in the bollix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Would you have done that while they were fcuking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Mr O Carroll? You dirty c*nt, he's ancient!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

It's never too late :)

By god lads yeve inspired me I'll start today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

"My only regret...is that I have boneitis"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I would buy bitcoin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Once upon a time there was this outrageously sexy work comrade who wanted to hook up in a hotel for a bit of kinky fúckery as the saying goes, only for me to tell her no, I was with someone.
    3 or 4 weeks later it turns out that this someone had been regularly getting banjoed by a couple of blokes she worked with.
    So back I go to miss sexy, cap in hand, only to be told (very politely I might add) that I had my chance and could now piss right off.:mad:

Anyway - I wish I had booked that hotel room for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

Feaky, is that you brother?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

I could tink of wurse things, like bad whether or weather or knot I'll have loads of munny and be happy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I actually should have went to specsavers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'd go back and tell my younger self to stop thinking about what they would go back and change and just get on with life.

• Advertisement

Mr O Carroll? You dirty c*nt, he's ancient!

such a roide

soups05 wrote: »
    Feaky, is that you brother?

god damn it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Garrett81 wrote: »
    It’s many years from now and your surrounded by your loved ones, your about to take your last breath and leave this world. If you were given the opportunity to come back and change something/anything in your life what would it be? Why wait until your deathbed can you make that change right now ?

Well, I'd say one doesn't know when their deathbed will be. It might be decades from now and we all assume that will be us. But it might be much sooner than you think. With that in mind, people should ask themselves "What burning ambitions do I have?", "What are the things I really want to do and achieve?". I think that's why the film 'The Bucket List' resonated so much with people despite not being great.

I always assumed I'd visit New York one day. It was going to happen at some point in the future. The future, always the future, not the present. Now it won't happen.* Let this be a lesson to you all.

*And I unfortunately mean that. For a host of logistical and health reasons I won't get into here.

I'm assuming this is a joke. :pac: This doesn't sound remotely fulfilling to me but I guess we're all different. To add, I know the difference between lose and loose, but when quickly writing, often mix them up. Not sure why. I think a lot of people have things like this. So I have little time for sanctimony about this topic.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

One of the tricks of the early Christian kings was to wait until their deathbed before getting baptised.

So they could do whatever they wanted before then and still go straight to heaven :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Id create a goonies style treasure hunt for the grandkids to finds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I'd have broken up with that battleaxe of a woman known as my ex-wife about 15 years ago. She's had a puss on her that would turn milk sour since the day I married her.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Id create a goonies style treasure hunt for the grandkids to finds.
    Or tell them there's bitcoins on your computer and watch them squirm while you pretend to remember part of the password

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Or tell them there's bitcoins on your computer and watch them squirm while you pretend to remember part of the password

Just hide the ssd somewhere in a mineshaft, rail cart, abandoned house.

Advertisement