Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiviar Alpha Plus Combo STB

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Yes as why i mentioned none were yours and what about signal finder what readings ?

Can you check box elsewhere to see if it works there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

yea, no signal on DVBS2 , there is a good signal for dvbs .
    no way of moving box elsewhere ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

Hi, sorry to jump on thread, is this still the best box for freeview/saorview? they seem expensive. Thanks

Tiviar is an older box and there is another thread zgemma h7s twin sat and saorview.

to follow up on this , i plugged in my old skyHD box this evening and channels gone from there too (fta)
    so looks like it s more than likely the LNB , have ordered a new on so we shall see .

• Advertisement

Also check no burnt bits at f connection due to water ingress.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Alfie Tupper

Hi all,

looking for some help with my box. I ran a full scan earlier as some of the ITV +1 channels had gone missing but now some of the Saorview channels are missing?
    RTE1 and +1 being the main ones

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Hi all,

looking for some help with my box. I ran a full scan earlier as some of the ITV +1 channels had gone missing but now some of the Saorview channels are missing?
    RTE1 and +1 being the main ones

You might need to tune tuner C manually. It may have only tuned one MUX. It happened me before and it only tuned Ch 53. I tined in Ch 57 myself. (Truskmore)

You should be able to find your local transmitter here.

http://www.2rn.ie/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/2RN-DTT-Television-Transmission-Network-Nov-2013.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭athlone573

That link is from 2013, look for the 2019/2020 updated version.

As in I don't think they built a load of new transmitters but the frequencies changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

athlone573 wrote: »
    That link is from 2013, look for the 2019/2020 updated version.

As in I don't think they built a load of new transmitters but the frequencies changed.

Cheers. I didn't spot that.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Alfie Tupper

Thanks for the replies.
    The manual tuning worked on channels 45 and 39

New lnb did the trick . all good now

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Blueboggirl

Hi looking for some help again please. I'd lost some channels on my tiviar, so I did a rescan, and went to ip address to update epg. Since then when I boot up box, picture is stuck on openvix page, I see all the channels loading on the front of the box, but it stops with SSU showing? Any ideas what I've done please? Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭NewClareman

Hi looking for some help again please. I'd lost some channels on my tiviar, so I did a rescan, and went to ip address to update epg. Since then when I boot up box, picture is stuck on openvix page, I see all the channels loading on the front of the box, but it stops with SSU showing? Any ideas what I've done please? Tia

I don't use OpenVix, so can only give some general advice.

It looks like your image got corrupted. If you have a backup, try restoring from that. If not, you can download a new image, but you are likely to lose your settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭robinwing

Hi I have lost ITV4 ( Open ATV 6.0 ) ( Blue HD) . I know nothing about finding my way around Tiviar Alpha Plus . The set came pre programmed . ITV4 and ITV4 +1 are blank black screens when I click on them , I lost ITV4 very recently. I need it for Moto GP replay race tonight. Can anybody help me ? ( the instructions would have to be simple for me to follow them correctly ) Hope Someone out there can help !!!!

2 things as your on a very old image 6.0 is ancient and now is 6.4.

The reason why you lose channels is because they have moved to another location and a rescan should find them again ,
    this link shows the new data of channels of tps and frequencies.

https://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

Rechecked those channels over there and they have not moved for years but maybe your box was set up on an alternative working one?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dutch Roll

The exact method depends on your set-up, but when you've selected the blank ITV4 channel, open your channel list and then hit "All" (maybe on one of the red, yellow, blue or green buttons). This should open the entire list of 900 channels or so, where you should find other versions of ITV4 tuned in, and you can check if they're working. Same goes for any other channel that is blank. I've had to do this a few times before.

If this works you can then add that version of ITV4 or whatever to your bouquet. This process is a little more complicated.

I've done this with OpenATV6.1 - not sure about earlier version.

Dutch Roll wrote: »
    The exact method depends on your set-up, but when you've selected the blank ITV4 channel, open your channel list and then hit "All" (maybe on one of the red, yellow, blue or green buttons). This should open the entire list of 900 channels or so, where you should find other versions of ITV4 tuned in, and you can check if they're working. Same goes for any other channel that is blank. I've had to do this a few times before.

If this works you can then add that version of ITV4 or whatever to your bouquet. This process is a little more complicated.

yes its the red button and I looked at them all and thanks for reply , how do I add to bouquet and rescan?

Ok and did you find an ITV4 that works?

I think its Menu button > add service to bouquet > then choose which bouquet

• Advertisement

greasepalm wrote: »
    2 things as your on a very old image 6.0 is ancient and now is 6.4.

The reason why you lose channels is because they have moved to another location and a rescan should find them again ,
    this link shows the new data of channels of tps and frequencies.

https://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

Rechecked those channels over there and they have not moved for years but maybe your box was set up on an alternative working one?

Thanks for the reply , is it complicated to rescan or get image 6.4 ? is there a video that explains i.e. Tiviar for dummies ( or similar)

A re-scan is simple enough, but I guess it depends on how happy you are navigating around the various settings and menus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Lost itv4 ,itv4+1, itv3 how to retune, all good now

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

How do I do a rescan like if I do a full rescan will I mess all the channels I have now too

It depends on how you set it up .

Menu - tuners and scanning- tuner setup - automatic scan.

Choose your tuner to scan as different ones could be on foreign sats and change yes or no as yes does all tuners.

Green button for scanning and save.

AutoBouquetMaker if setup will load your bouquets.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

Anyone be able to point me to an up to date picon list? Missing some such as RTE +1s and the new branded Great! Movie channels

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 43 spaced

I got this box and it has the original Fortis OS. I am trying to put a new bootloader on it to put Enigma on it but each time after turning it back on it gives me an Error message - "Err 131".
    It starts but then give this error.
    Has anyone seen this error before?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

What instructions are you following to load the new bootloader? And not ever seen that error? Its so long since I did a few that it seemed so easy. Did you check file on USB and what make of usb are you usIng? did you format to FAT32. iS THE BOX NEW?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭NewClareman

spaced wrote: »
    I got this box and it has the original Fortis OS. I am trying to put a new bootloader on it to put Enigma on it but each time after turning it back on it gives me an Error message - "Err 131".
    It starts but then give this error.
    Has anyone seen this error before?

I gave instructions on converting at the link on this post.

There are two steps involved: converting the box to Enigma2 and flashing the Enigma Image. I haven't seen the above error, however it could fail at either stage.

What I suspect happened is that it failed at Step 2. Backups of later versions of OpenATV have to be flashed online and will not auto-install. you could try using a version from here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 spaced

The box is new - came with the original Fortis OS.

I've gone to the Opena.tv thread and downloaded the cfe-tiviaraplus-20171020.ird file

Put it on a usb stick, power on the device
    I see "START DN" , "READING" , "ERR 131"

Maybe it's my usb,
    it has been formatted to FAT32
    I extracted the zip file to it.
    There is "cfe-tiviaraplus-20171020.ird "
    and a folder that says "system volume information" but I can't delete that. (should that be there ?)
    I have tried multiple USBs and the ports are the USB ports front and back.

Advertisement