Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiviar Alpha Plus Combo STB

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭NewClareman

swoofer wrote: »
    NCM what happens when someone presses the menu button on the remote with your image? Is it what sqsq posted? If not post a pic of your image when menu is pressed.

It is a cutdown menu, as Sqsq posted. That is deliberate.

To get the full settings menu you press menu, followed by the blue button. You then use the password 0000 to access Setup or Plugins.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sqsqswqdwdwq

Hi, glad you got temporarily sorted. You need to follow the instructions on this post, otherwise you will lose the Saorview Channels, overnight.

The reason you were getting an error in ABM is that it wasn't picking up the Saorview Channels, this normally happens when the correct local transmitter hasn't been entered in ABM.

Quick follow-up - I re-downloaded your 6.3 and re-imaged my Tiviar box. Now, when I press Menu, then Blue, I get more choices where i can get into ABM/Providers/.... as you describe in the a above link.
    Haven't got time right now, but I'm looking fwd to having another go in a few days when I get back. Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭swoofer

you are in the WRONG THREAD you should be in the NCM thread and I linked you, you are filling this thread with rubbish. That is not the way this board works and you wont get good answers. I assumed you were using the same image as me but you are not.

Please post in the thread for the image, seriously you will get a better answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

He right. This is the enthusiast thread. The other thread is for the specific modified image you are using

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭hs5424

I cannot get a signal from Signal Finder, nor can I get a signal from any Saorview station, UNLESS I use either Channel 34 or 35 in the Tuner Config screen.
    Johnboy1951 - Please see attached clearer pic of Tuner Config screen
    I did a search on the Saorview site, using my Eircode or GPS function, and it says I need to use Ch 34 or 35 from Kippure - if I'm correct in saying that from the attached screen-shot

The first basic thing you need to establish is what transmitter is your aerial beamed on ( pointed at ) . No point in putting post codes on sites that don't know your local environment such as hills etc. Then just manually tune in the two mixes for that transmitter.
    Don't bother with bouquet makers, just use dreambox edit and make your own. The less stuff on your box the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭swoofer

You did not read my post, he is in the wrong thread and using a different image, all his queries have no RELATION to this thread, go over to the proper thread, this has got silly. And if you had even read back you would have seen he has been told all the information required you are just repeating .

The NCM image has its own thread but the OP did not make it clear from the outset that he was using the NCM image.

I use this thread but as of now I have given up, it has been ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Given that this thread is now 183 pages long, perhaps it would be a good time to start a fresh 2021 version for the alpha. I don't have one myself and only dip in here on the off chance I can help out with a more generic query.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I do like a good vicks thread to clear my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭hs5424

Yes greasepalm. I wonder how vicks would work with covid.

Given that this thread is now 183 pages long, perhaps it would be a good time to start a fresh 2021 version for the alpha. I don't have one myself and only dip in here on the off chance I can help out with a more generic query.

I think that a generic thread, covering all Enigma2 boxes would be even more useful. I think that all of our thinking has evolved, and it would be a great resource for everyone, new and old.

I'd be happy to help out, if others were on board. My experience is limited to a couple of boxes... :) Ideally a mod would help out, so that key posts could be updated, as necessary.

• Advertisement

I think that a generic thread, covering all Enigma2 boxes would be even more useful. I think that all of our thinking has evolved, and it would be a great resource for everyone, new and old.

I'd be happy to help out, if others were on board. My experience is limited to a couple of boxes... :) Ideally a mod would help out, so that key posts could be updated, as necessary.

I agree. But questions about your highly modified simplified image for the Tiviar need to stay in that thread

I agree. But questions about your highly modified simplified image for the Tiviar need to stay in that thread

What I had in mind was generic information that could apply to any image. Something along tbe lines of this guide. The challenge is not writing it, plenty people on this forum have the necessary knowledge, but keeping it up to date. Without a solution/commitment to that, it's not worth the effort involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Blueboggirl

Hoping I can get some help? Not very technical so appreciate detailed explanation!
    Trying to set up box so that I can change channel whilst recording.
    I had one satellite cable coming into box from dish, (into A) and a cable from aerial into box (into c). I couldn't change channel whilst recording, and I read somewhere on here I can't change channel whilst recording unless there's a third cable, so I have that now from the dish. Where does it go? Into B, Or into the second socket on A? I've tried both, and neither working, do I need to retune after adding this third cable?

Hoping I can get some help? Not very technical so appreciate detailed explanation!
    Trying to set up box so that I can change channel whilst recording.
    I had one satellite cable coming into box from dish, (into A) and a cable from aerial into box (into c). I couldn't change channel whilst recording, and I read somewhere on here I can't change channel whilst recording unless there's a third cable, so I have that now from the dish. Where does it go? Into B, Or into the second socket on A? I've tried both, and neither working, do I need to retune after adding this third cable?

Into B, then you'll need to enable tuner B if it's not enabled

Any tuner box needs its own cable feed as the alpha has 2 sat tuners needing 2 sat cables.

If only 1 sat cable you cant change to another sat channel unless its on the same tp.

2 sat feeds you can record on 1 and view on the other.

You have an aerial for Saorview feed as that should allow recording on sat and view on Saorview and other way around.

Into B, then you'll need to enable tuner B if it's not enabled

Thanks for a quick reply.
    Looks like it's enabled already. In configuration mode, should it be set to 'equal to' or ' loop through from'
    In advanced settings to I need to set the lnb number to anything specific, like lnb 2.

greasepalm wrote: »
    Any tuner box needs its own cable feed as the alpha has 2 sat tuners needing 2 sat cables.

If only 1 sat cable you cant change to another sat channel unless its on the same tp.

2 sat feeds you can record on 1 and view on the other.

You have an aerial for Saorview feed as that should allow recording on sat and view on Saorview and other way around.

Yes, trying to get that second satellite cable connected so I can record on 1 and view on other. Its not working for me. I have it in b, but still can't change channel while recording. Error just says tuner failed.

Yes, trying to get that second satellite cable connected so I can record on 1 and view on other. Its not working for me. I have it in b, but still can't change channel while recording. Error just says tuner failed.

I just played around and got it to work! I changed configuration to 'equal to' instead of 'loop though' I had no idea what any of these meant, just tried it! I wish there was detailed tutorials for this box, for people like me! Thanks for help.

I use Simple and Single when setting up tuners with their own feeds on 28.2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

I just played around and got it to work! I changed configuration to 'equal to' instead of 'loop though' I had no idea what any of these meant, just tried it! I wish there was detailed tutorials for this box, for people like me! Thanks for help.

"equal to" means it is using the same settings as the other satellite tuner. The box will now be clever enough to know if one tuner is busy that it can use the other tuner to show you or record another satellite channel at the same time.

• Advertisement

If you change your LNB to Unicable 1 or Unicable 2 you won't need a second satellite cable. You must use a splitter at the rear if the box to feed the single feed into both tuners.

If you change your LNB to Unicable 1 or Unicable 2 you won't need a second satellite cable. You must use a splitter at the rear if the box to feed the single feed into both tuners.

Wow! Wish I had known that, the palava of getting that second cable down!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭kig

Hi, I am having a problem with the terrestrial channels epg, it just stays blank, is there any way to reload these?

Actually, the statlite epg also seems to be haywire with a lot of gaps?

kig wrote: »
    Hi, I am having a problem with the terrestrial channels epg, it just stays blank, is there any way to reload these?
    Actually, the statlite epg also seems to be haywire with a lot of gaps?

What are you using to populate the EPG?

Sorry I don't know, It just came with the epg working?

Sorry I don't know, It just came with the epg working?

If I remember correctly this image uses CrossEPG on OpenATV6.1. I started having problems with that and it was one of the reasons I moved to OpenATV6.3 and stopped using CrossEPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 vimes

Can also confirm that this is a problem with an older install of HHB image.

Loads of blank channels, and ABM fails with "autobouquet reader not found"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

I've had my dish relocated a few weeks ago and all was good up until during the week. I'm getting approximately 80 per cent on my signal strength on the Astra (BBC ITV etc) but on the news channels like BBC News and Sky News I'm not getting 0 per cent signal. Any ideas what the issue could be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dam099

Payton wrote: »
    I've had my dish relocated a few weeks ago and all was good up until during the week. I'm getting approximately 80 per cent on my signal strength on the Astra (BBC ITV etc) but on the news channels like BBC News and Sky News I'm not getting 0 per cent signal. Any ideas what the issue could be?

Something not tightened enough during the relocation and its drifted slightly under wind load?

Advertisement