Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiviar Alpha Plus Combo STB

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭kindalen

Problem solved. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭kindalen

My issue was Xtream TV plugin, once removed I reflashed box all is perfect.

However I need the Xtream TV plugin for IPTV, any ideas on a workaround?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 habeus corpus

I've been running Open ATV on my Tiviar for quite a while now completely satisfactorily. Recordings, picons, HDD, usb stick etc. all running without a hitch. In recent days I've suddenly lost my terrestrial channels (Three rock transmitter). I don't want to risk upsetting my set up unnecessarily so I am asking for some advise. It seems to me I have two choices;
    -- run a manual rescan of the terrestrial tuner. or
    -- run ABM.
    Any advise would be much appreciated.

Cheers and regards to all forum members.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭NewClareman

I've been running Open ATV on my Tiviar for quite a while now completely satisfactorily. Recordings, picons, HDD, usb stick etc. all running without a hitch. In recent days I've suddenly lost my terrestrial channels (Three rock transmitter). I don't want to risk upsetting my set up unnecessarily so I am asking for some advise. It seems to me I have two choices;
    -- run a manual rescan of the terrestrial tuner. or
    -- run ABM.
    Any advise would be much appreciated.

Cheers and regards to all forum members.

It depends on whether you are using ABM. If so, update the service providers in ABM and rescan. That should be all you need to do.

Otherwise do a manual rescan.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Alfie Tupper

john_doe. wrote: »
    Ah is that what's happening.

How to fix that so be my next question .
    Using the original image from THHB.

I tried this last night and it seems to have worked

menu
    setup
    service searching
    Autobouquetsmaker
    UpdateProviderFiles

You should get a message saying
    "Saorview was updated"
    At least I did and "viewer advisory" hasn't been seen since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 habeus corpus

Cheers,

Everything back to normal.

Thanks for the response.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 datcat

Apologies if this is not specific to Tiviar. Saorview frequencies have changed, at least for Crosshaven, Cork. I did both an automatic and a manual scan and they find all the radio channels and all the terrestrial TV channels except RTE 1.

I've found some suggestions that a factory reset, or maybe reflashing the image might be the next step.

Anybody had any experience like this on the Tiviar?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Never factory reset enigma2 boxes as that can cause grief.
    Did you try post 2168.
    Nobody ever say how old their image is or whether you need to reflash a newer image or not.
    Best to say what version of image you are using.Menu-System info=??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

datcat wrote: »
    Apologies if this is not specific to Tiviar. Saorview frequencies have changed, at least for Crosshaven, Cork. I did both an automatic and a manual scan and they find all the radio channels and all the terrestrial TV channels except RTE 1.

I've found some suggestions that a factory reset, or maybe reflashing the image might be the next step.

Anybody had any experience like this on the Tiviar?

Yes I had issues in Cork as well. Seems the autoscans werent picking up the channel for RTE1. I had to do a manual scan and pick the option to specify which channel. I then picked channel 39 which is where RTE 1 is on Spur Hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Here's an image of what I scanned

• Advertisement

Thanks Greasepalm and FastFullBack. I am not allowed at the box at the moment. I'll try tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Yes I had issues in Cork as well. Seems the autoscans werent picking up the channel for RTE1. I had to do a manual scan and pick the option to specify which channel. I then picked channel 39 which is where RTE 1 is on Spur Hill.

Thanks for that. Couldn't figure it out all evening and this sorted it

System Info says OpenATV 6.1

It is running Open ATV 6.1

I tried to attach a photo but it does not seem to upload. I think Boards restricts images and links for me.

Anyway, I tried tuning it like in your photo, I changed the channel from 21 to 39 but it did not find anything. I'm guessing that channel 21 is for Crosshaven and channel 39 for Spur Hill?

I will try Saorview support. I was waiting an hour on their chat support queue last night but they closed it. I'll ask them which channel I should use. If they give me details about frequencies etc. can I set up RTE1 manually?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭swoofer

I had a look on saorview and put in Crosshaven and got this. You can use eircode as well.

Crosshaven

Channels (before Sept): 46, 56
    Channels (after Sept): 46, 41
    Polarization: V

No mention of ch39!!

You may need to tweak aerial. I have 6.1 as well but in Clare. Have you set tuner for crosshaven?

Atv 6.1 is ancient as the latest is 6.3 or 6.4.scroll back through the threads as might have mentioned a later image.
    Nothing to do with aerial but info on the box is wrong and now incorrect is why people now have issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭NewClareman

greasepalm wrote: »
    Atv 6.1 is ancient as the latest is 6.3 or 6.4.scroll back through the threads as might have mentioned a later image.
    Nothing to do with aerial but info on the box is wrong and now incorrect is why people now have issues.

The version of software shouldn’t matter, once it is stable and hasn’t become corrupted. I wouldn’t update unless I was having issues, such as the box crashing. (If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.)

Having said that, OpenATV 6.3 is now working well on the Tiviar. However, it doesn’t update seamlessly and some settings have to be managed manually.

swoofer wrote: »
    I had a look on saorview and put in Crosshaven and got this. You can use eircode as well.

Crosshaven

Channels (before Sept): 46, 56
    Channels (after Sept): 46, 41
    Polarization: V

No mention of ch39!!

You may need to tweak aerial. I have 6.1 as well but in Clare. Have you set tuner for crosshaven?

Scanning channel 41 found RTE1 for me. I'm sorted, and more importantly the RTE1 fan here is happy. :)

Thanks swoofer, and thanks everyone for all the suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭logonmar

Totally screwed up my settings (long story!) and managed to flash it so am now quite happy with my new setup but 2 things I'd like to have, that would make it more, or less, a perfect setup for me
    1. Has anyone figured how to get the BBC iPlayer in E2iStream to work? Other streams work but not BBC iPlayer. I get a 'No Valid Links' error message. I don't think it is geo blocking issue as I saw where some UK users got that message plus I have VPN. Would be great to get BBC iPlayer working on Tiviar
    2. Picons are a bit fuzzy/pixilated so wondering if anyone has a link to good quality picons

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭a clanger

logonmar wrote: »
    Totally screwed up my settings (long story!) and managed to flash it so am now quite happy with my new setup but 2 things I'd like to have, that would make it more, or less, a perfect setup for me
    1. Has anyone figured how to get the BBC iPlayer in E2iStream to work? Other streams work but not BBC iPlayer. I get a 'No Valid Links' error message. I don't think it is geo blocking issue as I saw where some UK users got that message plus I have VPN. Would be great to get BBC iPlayer working on Tiviar
    2. Picons are a bit fuzzy/pixilated so wondering if anyone has a link to good quality picons

What VPN are you using just as a matter of interest ?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭logonmar

a clanger wrote: »
    What VPN are you using just as a matter of interest ?
    Using CyberGhost VPN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Anaki r2d2

Can anyone help on this one. Have a Tivair box that worked perfectly with a aerial feed and two satellite cables. Since then moved house. Right now just an aerial. Have all uk and Irish stations on a smart tv in the bedroom. Have perfect Irish stations in Tivair box. No sound on english chanels but perfect picture. At a loss as to how to resolve?

Try pressing audio button and select a different stream

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CianCollins

Wondering if anyone can help recently got the Tiviar Alpha+ and have satellite and aerial connected up and initially all the satellite channels came up but not all saorview, I factory reset it and I was able to get Saorview channel including RTÉ 1 through Autobouquet but now none of the English satellite channels and they are not displaying on autobouquet.

I regret going near the factory reset whole layout after changing, the instruction online don’t seem anything to go by, does anybody know or have good step to step guide to get the best out of the Tiviar box ?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭a clanger

Have you tried reading This!!!

Start reading the first few posts as he shows what and how to set it up again ,Never factory reset these boxes as it just brings up more issues.Sounds like your bouquets might need to be setup correctly.

greasepalm wrote: »
    Start reading the first few posts as he shows what and how to set it up again ,Never factory reset these boxes as it just brings up more issues.Sounds like your bouquets might need to be setup correctly.
    That’s what I’m trying to figure out to add them to bouquets at the moment there is just Saorview and Freeview Uk in bouquets.

I can’t seem to receive Uk channels through Freeview, any idea how I can add them in?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,452 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

That’s what I’m trying to figure out to add them to bouquets at the moment there is just Saorview and Freeview Uk in bouquets.

I can’t seem to receive Uk channels through Freeview, any idea how I can add them in?

Freeview = terrestrial channels (i.e. the same as Saorview). So this will need an aerial and you'll need to be close to the border or on east coast. For the satellite feed you need to use Freesat or Sky UK. My tip is to use Sky UK, and make sure it skips encrypted channels. I find the Sky ordering more useful than Freesat, but up to you. Either should work fine.

dulpit wrote: »
    Freeview = terrestrial channels (i.e. the same as Saorview). So this will need an aerial and you'll need to be close to the border or on east coast. For the satellite feed you need to use Freesat or Sky UK. My tip is to use Sky UK, and make sure it skips encrypted channels. I find the Sky ordering more useful than Freesat, but up to you. Either should work fine.
    Thanks for reply, Any idea how I can get free sat channels added to bouquet they were there prior to factory reset now no sign of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,452 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Thanks for reply, Any idea how I can get free sat channels added to bouquet they were there prior to factory reset now no sign of them?

I don't have same box as you, but approach should be the same. My tuners are set up so that A and B are satellite pointing at 28.2 East. Tuner C is the DTT (terrestial one).

In ABM provider list I set Saorview to yes (and picked the location appropriate to me) and then also set Sky UK to yes. I had a few other options (e.g. Sky ROI, etc), I left all of them as No. I then hit scan and it did its magic.

• Advertisement

dulpit wrote: »
    I don't have same box as you, but approach should be the same. My tuners are set up so that A and B are satellite pointing at 28.2 East. Tuner C is the DTT (terrestial one).

In ABM provider list I set Saorview to yes (and picked the location appropriate to me) and then also set Sky UK to yes. I had a few other options (e.g. Sky ROI, etc), I left all of them as No. I then hit scan and it did its magic.
    Thanks Finally figured out, looking there I see people add saorview and uk channels to favourites folder to have the one EPG how is this done?

I do not have the option to create folder in auto bouquets folder.

Thanks.

Advertisement