Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭puzl

Advise from a local

If you get here early (2-3pm) there'll be parking to be had near enough ( within 15 minutes walk ) on the streets.
    Failing that you can head to the rockies, cork con or blackash park and ride.

I would advise coming down via michelstown, paying the toll, and come in under the tunnel to access the general area south of PuC.

If anyone wants more specific directions just ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 treklane

puzl wrote: »
    Advise from a local

If you get here early (2-3pm) there'll be parking to be had near enough ( within 15 minutes walk ) on the streets.
    Failing that you can head to the rockies, cork con or blackash park and ride.

I would advise coming down via michelstown, paying the toll, and come in under the tunnel to access the general area south of PuC.

was thinking like that would there also be a lot of cork traffic in this area was thinking to hole the van up around the loughmahan area does not look to far what you think' was at wexford game last year buses hard to come by in city

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mucky_Tackies

Advise from a local

Appreciate your thoughts on this one. Coming in from Waterford with 2 young kids (<10) and on up to Limerick after the match. Suggested parking and exit route to minimise getting out and back on the road?

Appreciate your thoughts on this one. Coming in from Waterford with 2 young kids (<10) and on up to Limerick after the match. Suggested parking and exit route to minimise getting out and back on the road?

After just driving around the are this morning it seems cars are already starting to park up.

Getting in won't be a problem but leaving will be a nightmare, especially if you want to go through the city and out the limerick road.

Given that you are coming from Waterford I'd advise heading the blackrock/Mahon area and parking around 30 minutes walk from puc. That way you'll have probably around 30 minutes walk back to the car, 30 minutes to get to the tunnel and then a drive home via michelstown. The Rockies will have a fanzone with facepainting and all that but probably won't have too much green and white paint.

Parking options would then be somewhere along the road anywhere in blackrock if you get in early enough. Another option would be to park in Mahon point and get a bus into ballintemple, but that'd be a 45 minute walk back to your car.

treklane wrote: »
    was thinking like that would there also be a lot of cork traffic in this area was thinking to hole the van up around the loughmahan area does not look to far what you think' was at wexford game last year buses hard to come by in city

That's exactly what I'd do. The earlier you get there the better. All the match parking will be signposted but if you're early enough you'll squeeze in somewhere on the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭Browney7

10 minutes left, we've outworked cork and in ways have kept them in it with some foolish frees. Have worked so hard since gillane pressed the self destruct button

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Browney7 wrote: »
    10 minutes left, we've outworked cork and in ways have kept them in it with some foolish frees. Have worked so hard since gillane pressed the self destruct button
    No complaints about the red but we got a bit of a riding from the ref!
    Great second half loads to build on from that display!

Eoinbmw wrote: »
    No complaints about the red but we got a bit of a riding from the ref!
    Great second half loads to build on from that display!

I wouldn't disagree with that!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

It's a pleasure to be a Limerick supporter again, win or lose they're showing great spirit and no little ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Great performance. One of best games Ive seen in years, Fk the berudgers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

A great game to be at, great effort. Flanagan and mulcahy ran their guts out

Subs had a disaster really should have finished them

Great stuff limerick

Flanagan laoch na himreatha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Great performance. One of best games Ive seen in years, Fk the berudgers!

Who would be the begrudgers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Hurling Rankings

This post has been deleted.

Struggling to understand how we lost that with lots of great performances

Cork certainly got the breaks, dod sideline rolled as he struck it and straight to a cork score normally would be 90 yards downfield, the striking incidents went corks way and they got plenty of soft frees

I'm not sure pat Ryan is the super sub some make out, but pretty hard to come on cold and get to the pace of that game. The subs weren't great overall Browne gave up a score when he stood still for a puck out and Kearney got in and cork scored to leave 1 in it. Would still like to see Colin Ryan involved

A great side to follow, tom Morrissey was great

Watching it back on phone mulcahy was brilliant, he rattled cork and we should have finished it off. Why was a free given against mulcahy that time he fairly tackled Coleman, subsequent free to Horgan blatantly wasn't one either, we also gave away some frees which kept cork in it.

Yea Dan Morrissey played well but was dispossessed for the goal

Some effort from English give that he looked fcuked

Immense blocking from mul Morrissey Finn

We can get more from hayes in the backs but obvs kiely thinks he's our best option cf

Watching it back on phone mulcahy was brilliant, he rattled cork and we should have finished it off. Why was a free given against mulcahy that time he fairly tackled Coleman, subsequent free to Horgan blatantly wasn't one either, we also gave away some frees which kept cork in it.

Yea Dan Morrissey played well but was dispossessed for the goal

Some effort from English give that he looked fcuked

Immense blocking from mul Morrissey Finn

We can get more from hayes in the backs but obvs kiely thinks he's our best option cf

What stands out for me watching this Limerick team is how assured they seem on the ball. Very little balls going into the forwards with snow on them - clever intelligent balls in.

The half forward line are well able to win their own ball which was our Achilles heel in times past. Half back line is very strong too.

We've a good mix in the team and they need to keep driving on now.

Any word on Hannon?

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭cnoc

Struggling to understand how we lost that with lots of great performances

Cork certainly got the breaks, dod sideline rolled as he struck it and straight to a cork score normally would be 90 yards downfield, the striking incidents went corks way and they got plenty of soft frees

I'm not sure pat Ryan is the super sub some make out, but pretty hard to come on cold and get to the pace of that game. The subs weren't great overall Browne gave up a score when he stood still for a puck out and Kearney got in and cork scored to leave 1 in it. Would still like to see Colin Ryan involved

A great side to follow, tom Morrissey was great

Do you think that Shane Dowling should have been introduced into full forward. Limerick needed a goal to close the game.

Can't be sending Mickey Cahill off for that ffs. It's hurling not a tea party

• Registered Users Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭billyhead

Folks, What would you think about putting Hickey in midfield? I must say aswell that Cian Lynch has been fantastic this year. Has a great engine and can match anyone physically.

That's exactly what I'd do. The earlier you get there the better. All the match parking will be signposted but if you're early enough you'll squeeze in somewhere on the road.

worked out well to be honest would defo park again in the area got back through tunnel lively thanks

• Advertisement

well done lads some guts in this team hats off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

How are Hannon and English doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

This post has been deleted.
    and a bit of this year also

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

we still have a problem at full back

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Browney7 wrote: »
    What stands out for me watching this Limerick team is how assured they seem on the ball. Very little balls going into the forwards with snow on them - clever intelligent balls in.

The half forward line are well able to win their own ball which was our Achilles heel in times past. Half back line is very strong too.

We've a good mix in the team and they need to keep driving on now.

Any word on Hannon?

Bang on about the high balls. Dan morrisseys point a great example. Nobody panicked and they worked it around the cork defense and hego hit dan with a great pass in the middle.
    It cant be a coincidence that mulcahy is having a great year. The delivery in is more intelligent. No hit and hope. Himself and flanagan ran their socks off.
    There is a buzz about the place about this team. I was at mass this morning and there were lots of people wearing limerick tops including myself. I was out and about later and 2 absolute strangers wanted to engage in full blown conversation about the match. I duly obliged!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭letsseehere14

Great progress this year. Lads starting to put their hands up and take responsibility. Lynch is having a big year. Huge one next week. Need a result. Do not want to have to go to Ennis needing a win

Great to see the minor side come away with a win. It is absolutely vital we start a continual production line of talent into the senior squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭LMK

Very good yesterday.
    It's a strange championship, all the Munster c'ship games have been frantic and I'd say each team still fancy their chances.
    Limerick have improved greatly over the last 12 months, I feel confidence is playing a big part. They are hard to beat young,fit,aggressive with good hurling ability.
    I think that the backs while individually are to be commended need to be more composed and must perform more efficiently as a unit. I felt Mike Casey did really well at full back but that Declan Hannon was a loss when we had to perform without him.
    Midfield really good and Cian Lynch is a warrior, and might be our most indispensable player now.
    Forwards worked like dogs with the half forwards all able to win primary possession.
    Biggest negative was the indiscipline shown for the red card offence just saw it on TV tonight and how that is dealt with by John Kiely could have a big influence on the future of this Team he has a big call to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭billyhead

You can really see the effect Paul Kinnerk is having on the panel in terms of fitness levels. It was a huge coup to take him away from Clare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

billyhead wrote: »
    You can really see the effect Paul Kinnerk is having on the panel in terms of fitness levels. It was a huge coup to take him away from Clare.

What has he to do with fitness? Is that not Joe O'Connor?

The heads up and running/hitting the ball into space hurling is Kinnerk.

Advertisement