Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭raindodger

seems very quiet on the hurling front hope we are not starting to take things for granted.Went throgh alot of west limerick on sun not a lot of flags out .Any team news

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭lim4ev

From what im hearing tickets are the main issue so maybe that's why its quiet here. The team at this stage near picks itself I'd imagine dan and gillane will start we'll need them all Waterford are flying and will be hard beat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭High bike

If Dan come back in and I think he should,who's left out?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Straight swap with ritchie.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭letsseehere14

The same team that started the 2nd half the last day should start this weekend. Gillane and Morrissey in, Mulcahy and English out.

For all the talk of Waterford, their opponents the last 2 days didnt turn up and still could/should have turned them over. Waterford score heavily but are weak at the back. They conceded a HUGE amount last weekend against a misfiring team and it could have been more. Tipp probably left 3 goals behind them and a penalty. Galway only got their act together with 15 minutes left and nearly caught them. We should be exposing that weakness at the back.

If Tipp were within 2 of them into injury time we will be 5 or 6 clear in the same position. Anything like the 2nd half Munster final performance and we blow them away.

Only have two niggles. 1. being we havnt hit the ground running this season in games and 2. Waterford have a knack of creating this kind of manic energy in games where things decent into the uncontrollable. If we start slow and Waterford create this energy anything can happen but the 3 or 4 to 1 price for Waterford the bookies are giving is a fair reflection in my book. The management have the capability of making the right changes at the right time so if we look in trouble it can still be sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

Big potential bannana skin, Waterford are absolutely flying it. The four matches back to back will have to take its toll but they handled similar last year to blow kk away in the semi. We haven't hit peak form yet so hopefully that arrives Saturday

Don't see Waterford getting any closer to us this year than last year but we need to get going from the throw in

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭raindodger

thought ritchie was a victim of the sun last day rewatched 2018 game v cork he was immense

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭C4000

Tickets available on ticketmaster now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭billyhead

We need to perform for 70 mins on Saturday and not in patches. I'm very confident we will beat them.

• Advertisement

I'm not confident for the same reason, Limerick haven't put together a solid 70 mins since last December imo. Momentum, such as it is, is with Waterford, especially since their game the last day kinda showed Tipp were way off where they would usually be. Why should we get carried away beating Tipp in a Munster final, especially given the first half Limerick had? It was a great comeback against what now appears to be an ordinary enough side (if any Tipp side is ever ordinary etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

Is anyone having issues with gaa ticketmaster at the moment ? - trying to reset my password to buy my tickets for the game - but its telling me I'm a bot when I go to reset the password?

Tried on a phone/laptop - with minimum tabs open :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,292 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I think I just started again with a different email when it started giving me that crap

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Come on Limerick. These are days we live for!

I think we will win but Waterford are full of confidence so it might be close.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Just realised the match is on at the same time as the lions 3rd test today

Whoever scheduled that needs to be fired

Why ?

I wouldn't mind seeing the Lions but most important is that the hurling is on at a good time. Other sports should not factor into the GAA planning for games

Just record the Lions match. Anyway the hurlers will always take precedence over any other sports for me.

Well the timing of the lions match was already known for months and considering there would be huge rugby interest in Limerick so if I was in charge of the scheduling I'd be trying to avoid a clash

That's your opinion, and it probably matches the opinion of about 50% o f the country, but what of everybody else. I'll probably have the lions on the telly and follow the hurling on Twitter

Ya I know an awful lot of Munster fans with an interest in hurling all of a sudden

• Advertisement

Nothing sudden about it, especially since the 2 sports usually run at different times of the year, lots of respect to the GAA from the IRFU as well for letting them into croker all those years ago

Don't think it's all that sudden tbh, Limerick has always been big into both sports (and soccer too). I know very few people who would follow one exclusively over the others. Bad night for Treaty United last night though there was a decent crowd at it, fwiw.

Nerves are fully up for the match now. Can't decide what way I think it will go, will wet weather and presumably a heavier pitch help Waterford after the 3 games or tire them out?

I would personally have very little interest in soccer but it's been so long since I've been at a match I'd have gone with bells on yesterday haha

I said Munster fans on purpose. Most sports fans in the city are multi sports fans but there were plenty of the stags looking down on hurling fans during Munsters glory days. I've seen a fair few heads I know who wouldn't be caught dead at a Limerick game in the 00s suddenly wearing all the gear round town.

I'm sure I'll meet a few in Croke Park today

I know a few of the lads you speak of... One lad always argues he'd support the GAA if they'd pay their players

Of course as an old fashioned AIL fan who feels rugby has been destroyed by professionalism I'd always disagree with him

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭TL17

Bad traffic jam on M7. Any truth in rumour that game is delayed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Delayed until 5:30. Hay all over the M7 after an accident.

Just record the Lions match. Anyway the hurlers will always take precedence over any other sports for me.

We could pull away in the second half.

• Advertisement

Limerick seem to be timing it to perfection,best overall performance by a mile today.

Advertisement