Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Tough on Gillane to miss out on the all star tour, I'd imagine he's livid.

Hopefully he will learn from this

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Livid!? It's the Counties supporters that are livid with him and his immature video and his disgraceful drinking escapades.He'll be missing alot more than an All Star Junket. I hope hes at least not back for any of the League. And to top it all off this guy wants to be a teacher. This is the ridiculous bit.. I think he can come back better for all this but let the sword of justice fall on him for bit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭threeball

He has no right to feel livid. He should feel shame and remorse but I doubt it. No one to blame but himself. Lads you won an all ireland with pucking the heads off one another steamed out of their head and the best he can do is record it on his phone and broadcast it to the world.even if the NYPD had caught them at it. Be some craic then alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Lets Not Fabricate Now

threeball wrote: »
    He has no right to feel livid. He should feel shame and remorse but I doubt it. No one to blame but himself. Lads you won an all ireland with pucking the heads off one another steamed out of their head and the best he can do is record it on his phone and broadcast it to the world. even if the NYPD had caught them at it. Be some craic then alright.
    Flanagan??

The fight that was filmed involved a player and a fan. Not two players.

Séamus Flanagan does not deserve to have his name dragged through the mud over something he had absolutely no involvement in.

Plenty of decent well behaved players on that panel who have never been in or caused any trouble being tarred by the actions of a small minority in the last few weeks. That carry on from fans is a disgrace.

And it hasn't been the only inaccuracy posted on this thread in the last few weeks.

That's Limerick though, the best fans in the country (myth for the record) when things are going well, the most toxic when things aren't. Hailed for wonderful scenes with the pitch invasion after winning the 2013 Munster final on the 5th anniversary of being sickeningly booed off the pitch by nearly half the "fans" present at the Gaelic Grounds at half time and at full time during the qualifier defeat to Offaly in 2008.

Absolutely cannot condone the few incidents we know happened but the county put these lads on a pedestal a year ago, it's shameful how so many have turned on them in the last few weeks. We don't deserve them, but sure that's just the world we live in now, it's all about showing how outraged you are and hopping aboard the next internet lynch-mob train.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Typical kilkenny response, everybody on here talking about tipp players and limerick players but any mention of a kilkenny wrongdoing and this is the response, i wont say what i want because i will get banned. The amount of **** posted about tipp players on the kilkenny forum about a player should have been in jail and you have the nerve to post what you just did. Get a grip and take off the balack and amber tinted glasses, same with the hogan red card all the kilkenny players jumping to his defense when the whole country could see what happened. The hypocrisy of your post is incredible.Explain how i was the first to spread to them after all the crap i seeing on the kilkenny forum about tipp players. Your posts make no sense, i didnt see you condemning any kilkenny posters when they were on about tipp players , no typical kilkenny hypocrisy. BTW i dint post the rumour, your post is laughable.BTW the whole country can now see kilkenny gaa for what they are, sore losers and utterly ungracious in defeat, to appeal the card and the lack of congratulatory comments from kilkenny after the final showed what ye are made of. Ye have made a show of yereselves so dont come on here being holier than thou when somebody has the audacity to say anything negative about kilkenny.

Maybe, don't lose your hair over it ?

TBH, you had no business making that remark in the Limerick forum. Just mindless tittle-tattle out of you. You have plenty form.

Anyway, to get back to the issue - I think this 'role model' thing is almost as out of hand now as the mobile phone BS.

When we were kids we wanted to play the game, and we pretended to be Keher, Ring, Doran, and whatever.

They were hurling heroes to us. But they weren't role models being constantly scrutinised for every move they made.

These are very young guys in life, and if this is worse that the worst thing their bitchy detractors have done in their lives, I would be amazed.

Love to see Limerick doing well this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭billyhead

Flanagan??

The fight that was filmed involved a player and a fan. Not two players.

Sus Flanagan does not deserve to have his name dragged through the mud over something he had absolutely no involvement in.

Plenty of decent well behaved players on that panel who have never been in or caused any trouble being tarred by the actions of a small minority in the last few weeks. That carry on from fans is a disgrace.

And it hasn't been the only inaccuracy posted on this thread in the last few weeks.

That's Limerick though, the best fans in the country (myth for the record) when things are going well, the most toxic when things aren't. Hailed for wonderful scenes with the pitch invasion after winning the 2013 Munster final on the 5th anniversary of being sickeningly booed off the pitch by nearly half the "fans" present at the Gaelic Grounds at half time and at full time during the qualifier defeat to Offaly in 2008.

Absolutely cannot condone the few incidents we know happened but the county put these lads on a pedestal a year ago, it's shameful how so many have turned on them in the last few weeks. We don't deserve them, but sure that's just the world we live in now, it's all about showing how outraged you are and hopping aboard the next internet lynch-mob train.

Has Gillane been removed from the league panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭conor05

billyhead wrote: »
    Has Gillane been removed from the league panel?

He has definitely been dropped off the panel for now according to a Patrickswell source.

Whether that is just until the media calms down (Kiely taking a stand) or whether it’s for league aswel I am not sure.

I cannot see Gillane been dropped for championship simply because he is our best forward bar none.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭billyhead

conor05 wrote: »
    He has definitely been dropped off the panel for now according to a Patrickswell source.

Whether that is just until the media calms down (Kiely taking a stand) or whether it’s for league aswel I am not sure.

I cannot see Gillane been dropped for championship simply because he is our best forward bar none.

True. It would be madness to not have him back for championship time. He is just to vital to the team. At least Conor Boylan will get more game time in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Maybe, don't lose your hair over it ?

TBH, you had no business making that remark in the Limerick forum. Just mindless tittle-tattle out of you. You have plenty form.

Anyway, to get back to the issue - I think this 'role model' thing is almost as out of hand now as the mobile phone BS.

When we were kids we wanted to play the game, and we pretended to be Keher, Ring, Doran, and whatever.

They were hurling heroes to us. But they weren't role models being constantly scrutinised for every move they made.

These are very young guys in life, and if this is worse that the worst thing their bitchy detractors have done in their lives, I would be amazed.

Love to see Limerick doing well this year.

Actually they are role models now. In the age of Facebook Instagram etc young lads follow what they see them eating and doing exercise wise so it has changed a lot.

I wouldn't like to see any of them dropped completely because they have given loads of enjoyment but of course what happened is going to be discussed .

And I hope they do well this year as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Seems like the Junior A championship , under 21 a and b championships and minor a and b championships are going to be all county next year. All county junior a championship will be very interesting

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Seems like the Junior A championship , under 21 and b championships and minor a and b chamionships are going to be all county next year. All county junior a championship will be very interesting

Hurling and football?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Hurling and football?

Hurling, the football junior a is all county already. Not sure about 21s and minor. They were divisonal last year I think but not sure if that's changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Who decided he couldn't go I wonder? Would Kiely or Limerick Gaa have any say in that decision?

Also, is he not working with BOI? Someone mentioned he's teaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

Who decided he couldn't go I wonder? Would Kiely or Limerick Gaa have any say in that decision?

Also, is he not working with BOI? Someone mentioned he's teaching.

He’s definitely working with BOI, I met him in branch this week. But last year he was featured in a promo video saying he was doing the Hibernia post grad for primary teaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Rebelside

Such a snivelling little post, i heard a rumour that's being kept quiet but I'll post about it on a national forum for kudos. And people sometimes wonder why Tipp are despised by all their neighbouring counties. Whining about rumours being spread about Tipp players, yet they are the first to spread them about other counties, don't spare even their own players and the quickest crowd in GAA to go from extreme arrogance when winning to slaughtering their own when losing.

That story isn’t been kept that quiet & it’s a serious incident. It’ll be interesting to see if Cody’s famed discipline kicks in re this case or will it be ignored because of need. It’s also interesting how people show no offence over the Limerick stories but go into a rage when it’s one of their own & attack a whole county to deflect. KK man giving out about other counties whining? Good one that. And I’m not from tipp

Rebelside wrote: »
    That story isn’t been kept that quiet & it’s a serious incident. It’ll be interesting to see if Cody’s famed discipline kicks in re this case or will it be ignored because of need. It’s also interesting how people show no offence over the Limerick stories but go into a rage when it’s one of their own & attack a whole county to deflect. KK man giving out about other counties whining? Good one that. And I’m not from tipp

But it's also interesting that people like you who are neither from Limerick, nor Kilkenny, nor Tipperary feel the need to shoot the big mouth off at every opportunity.

People from Kilkenny will defend their own county with more passion than they express about the misfortunes of young lads from Limerick. If you don't like it, maybe go on strike about it ?

Oh, and we could all make a fair guess where you're from. Ye always have to be heard, even from the wilderness.

But it's also interesting that people like you who are neither from Limerick, nor Kilkenny, nor Tipperary feel the need to shoot the big mouth off at every opportunity.

People from Kilkenny will defend their own county with more passion than they express about the misfortunes of young lads from Limerick. If you don't like it, maybe go on strike about it ?

Oh, and we could all make a fair guess where you're from. Ye always have to be heard, even from the wilderness.

I appear to have hit a nerve. Rather than deal with the deflecting let’s just wait to see how Cody’s much vaunted disciplinary procedures work on a lad he really needs. You’re not denying the fact that there’s a serious problem anyhow.

Rebelside wrote: »
    I appear to have hit a nerve. Rather than deal with the deflecting let’s just wait to see how Cody’s much vaunted disciplinary procedures work on a lad he really needs. You’re not denying the fact that there’s a serious problem anyhow.

I'm not deflecting anything and not in a position to confirm or deny anything. I've been away from home for over thirty years. I haven't the first clue of who or what is being referred to.

I work in Limerick and that is why I have a bit of a grá for Limerick. I'm aware of who is involved in that case from canteen chat of others, and that is the only reason.

As is obvious from my posting history in the GAA forum, I follow Kilkenny. That is where I am from and that is what I care about.

Not gossiping in the middle of Winter, like an aul wan.

You on the other hand have 27 posts in the GAA forum, and 25 of them are in the Kilkenny thread.

Speaks for itself, really.

So deflect that if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

I'm not deflecting anything and not in a position to confirm or deny anything. I've been away from home for over thirty years. I haven't the first clue of who or what is being referred to.

I work in Limerick and that is why I have a bit of a grá for Limerick. I'm aware of who is involved in that case from canteen chat of others, and that is the only reason.

As is obvious from my posting history in the GAA forum, I follow Kilkenny. That is where I am from and that is what I care about.

You on the other hand have 27 posts in the GAA forum, and 25 of them are in the Kilkenny thread.

Brilliant you have been away so far far away in limerick for 30 years you have no idea whats going on in kilkenny. You are a special chap alright . You moved county and now you have gra for limerick, ha Donal o grady was right about kilkenny patriotism.

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Brilliant you have been away so far far away in limerick for 30 years you have no idea whats going on in kilkenny. You are a special chap alright .

Relax there.

I've been away from home for thirty years is what I said. I haven't been in Limerick for thirty years.

Left young, went abroad for many years and have no family connections in the home place any more.

None of which is your business, now that I think of it.

:D

Rather than polluting the Limerick Hurling forum, call it a day there.

• Advertisement

I on the other hand don’t bother counting posts & checking threads. It’s a bit weird & speaks for itself really. Also it’s odd that you think gossip should be confined to seasons other than Winter.
    You’re depending on canteen talk so by your own admission don’t know what you’re talking about. My info is from the horses mouth in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

OK LADS CUT THE BULL , THIS IS GETTING OUT OF HAND NO PERSONAL ARGUMENTS ON HERE STICK TO THE TOPIC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Good start for Darren o Connell

DOD nash reidy Hennessy also playing well

Nash positionally was super his pace and skill a huge asset

Dispossessed twicelike kk last year just needs to eliminate that and he starts

DOD could be back

Good performance from Barry Hennessy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

Was gillanne on the panel

Great win for December in fairness. Though Nash mixed the great with the bad, too inclined to run into trouble but he can learn I guess. Glad to see Breen have a good game.

Great win for December in fairness. Though Nash mixed the great with the bad, too inclined to run into trouble but he can learn I guess. Glad to see Breen have a good game.

He made a few mistakes but was easily our best player.

Yeah good to see Breen go well, good to be talking about hurling

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭conor05

kala85 wrote: »
    Was gillanne on the panel

He’s gone from the panel.
    Whether it’s just until after Xmas or not knowone seems to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Nash was v good though he needs to tidy up some aspects of his game. Thought dod went well what about flanagan so important we have these 2 boys from 2018 back to their best form. There was other encouraging performances too Aaron Costello and Hanley looked lively

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Great to have limerick talking hurling again as said above, but making players tog out on the 20th of December is ridiculous, I always taught January was bad enough,

In my opinion these competitions should be played in February with the league in March and April, get rid of the club month, I doubt it did any club any favours in the limerick championship, it was ignored in clare and rightly so, too early for club championship

Advertisement