Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

threeball wrote: »
    Course they do. They just have enough cop on not to post their team mates indiscretions which is actually the biggest problem here besides the Hayes thing which is pure thuggery.

Be careful on that, the latter part is pure hearsay.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Course they do. They just have enough cop on not to post their team mates indiscretions which is actually the biggest problem here besides the Hayes thing which is pure thuggery.

That was my point. I wasnt painting the rugby guys to be paragons of virtue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Feel sorry for the supporters of limerick and those players that tried their best but never got the even chance to wear the jersey and have to watch clowns undermine people’s graft and sacrifice.

John Kiely seems like a very honorable intelligent man and I really hope these players are disciplined severely why? This behavior can become engrained for years to come Tipperary comes to mind.

Tipperary just had there best decade since the 60s so dont know where all this stuff about tipp being so troublesome is coming, the tipp lads liked a drink and with exception of the barrett incident everything has been overblown and most of the stories relating to tipp have been proven wrong,. 3 all-irelands in a decade is a good return for such a troublesome bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

grimbergen wrote: »
    Some of the hyperbole on this whole thing has been ridiculous. Young fellas in New York got up to no good. But they're young fellas and they're amateurs. I'm sure they're more embarrassed than anybody.

It doesn't undo the fact they've given Limerick supporters their best days in 45 years and that they've been brilliant ambassadors for the jersey since then, on and off the field. Lets tone down the condemnation talk.
    Just more victims of gob****es who feel the need to circulate their every move on social media.
    HINT. We dont give a ****e what they do off the field

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Richie Mc retired

The coolest, calmest head i've seen on a hurling field, loved watching him play

G'wan Richie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭conor05

You must of been on mars for one of most high profile rugby court cases. Social Media was a massive part of that case!!

Stop while you are ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Feel sorry for the supporters of limerick and those players that tried their best but never got the even chance to wear the jersey and have to watch clowns undermine people’s graft and sacrifice.

John Kiely seems like a very honorable intelligent man and I really hope these players are disciplined severely why? This behavior can become engrained for years to come Tipperary comes to mind.

Can you explain this please? I'm entrigued to be honest :D

Apparently cody may have some disciplinary issues to deal with one of his young stars, being kept very quiet though at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Apparently cody may have some disciplinary issues to deal with one of his young stars, being kept very quiet though at the moment.

Such a snivelling little post, i heard a rumour that's being kept quiet but I'll post about it on a national forum for kudos. And people sometimes wonder why Tipp are despised by all their neighbouring counties. Whining about rumours being spread about Tipp players, yet they are the first to spread them about other counties, don't spare even their own players and the quickest crowd in GAA to go from extreme arrogance when winning to slaughtering their own when losing.

Typical kilkenny response, everybody on here talking about tipp players and limerick players but any mention of a kilkenny wrongdoing and this is the response, i wont say what i want because i will get banned. The amount of **** posted about tipp players on the kilkenny forum about a player should have been in jail and you have the nerve to post what you just did. Get a grip and take off the balack and amber tinted glasses, same with the hogan red card all the kilkenny players jumping to his defense when the whole country could see what happened. The hypocrisy of your post is incredible.Explain how i was the first to spread to them after all the crap i seeing on the kilkenny forum about tipp players. Your posts make no sense, i didnt see you condemning any kilkenny posters when they were on about tipp players , no typical kilkenny hypocrisy. BTW i dint post the rumour, your post is laughable.BTW the whole country can now see kilkenny gaa for what they are, sore losers and utterly ungracious in defeat, to appeal the card and the lack of congratulatory comments from kilkenny after the final showed what ye are made of. Ye have made a show of yereselves so dont come on here being holier than thou when somebody has the audacity to say anything negative about kilkenny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭threeball

conor05 wrote: »
    You must of been on mars for one of most high profile rugby court cases. Social Media was a massive part of that case!!

Stop while you are ahead

That was texts between themselves. It wasn't broadcast to the wider world. 99% of what came out in that case was taken by police off phones, even deleted messages. It wasn't publicly available so stop talkin sh1te.

Such a snivelling little post, i heard a rumour that's being kept quiet but I'll post about it on a national forum for kudos. And people sometimes wonder why Tipp are despised by all their neighbouring counties. Whining about rumours being spread about Tipp players, yet they are the first to spread them about other counties, don't spare even their own players and the quickest crowd in GAA to go from extreme arrogance when winning to slaughtering their own when losing.

Phew for a minute there I thought you were going to post a madly sweeping generalisation basewd solely on your admitted hatred of an opposing county!!

This is also the Limerick thread, if you want to denegrate Tipp their is a Tipp thread for that. Or maybe lodge a frivilous appeal to further embarrass yourself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

I'd say every county has their disciplinary issues to deal with, get over it everyone they were a bit drunk and stupid. Nobody died and if there is an assault allegation against a lad, let the gardai deal with it. Young lads on a night out, get over it and move on.
    These are young lads who are extraordinarily committed to their sport (which is a pastime) and who were a bit stupid on a night out. There are lads doing this every weekend in every town across the country and who are layabouts for the whole year. Give them a break and get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

I'd say every county has their disciplinary issues to deal with, get over it everyone they were a bit drunk and stupid. Nobody died and if there is an assault allegation against a lad, let the gardai deal with it. Young lads on a night out, get over it and move on.
    These are young lads who are extraordinarily committed to their sport (which is a pastime) and who were a bit stupid on a night out. There are lads doing this every weekend in every town across the country and who are layabouts for the whole year. Give them a break and get over it.

Not from any of the Big! hurling counties but I have say the Limerick team gave value for money.

Loved watching them succeed and the never say die attitude of them

You seem to be saying that they don't deserve whats being said about them because the are not 'layabouts'. Sorry but anyone who carries on like they did should be ashamed of themselves. The fact that this seems to go on on a regular basis in a lot of towns most weekends does not make it right.

The biggest issue for me is the fact they were representing their county . These lads are what young lads aspire to be and whilst I know they give up a lot to hurl for their counties a lot of them benefit from this as well.

Whilst I accept 'nobody died' you have read the reports of 1 punch attacks that ended in death ?

SAMTALK wrote: »
    [/B]

Not from any of the Big! hurling counties but I have say the Limerick team gave value for money.

You seem to be saying that they don't deserve whats being said about them because the are not 'layabouts'. Sorry but anyone who carries on like they did should be ashamed of themselves. The fact that this seems to go on on a regular basis in a lot of towns most weekends does not make it right.

The biggest issue for me is the fact they were representing their county . These lads are what young lads aspire to be and whilst I know they give up a lot to hurl for their counties a lot of them benefit from this as well.

Whilst I accept 'nobody died' you have read the reports of 1 punch attacks that ended in death ?

Hard to argue against most of what you say, but I still take the view that its the clown with the phone is the bigger problem here, firstly that he doesnt intervene and defuse the situation, secondly that his first reaction is to record it and then thirdly to compound the entire clusterfcuk he somehow thinks its a good idea to share the video and thus putting it into the public domain.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Hard to argue against most of what you say, but I still take the view that its the clown with the phone is the bigger problem here, firstly that he doesnt intervene and defuse the situation, secondly that his first reaction is to record it and then thirdly to compound the entire clusterfcuk he somehow thinks its a good idea to share the video and thus putting it into the public domain.

Where is the responsibility on the lads fighting ? It seems to be such an acceptable thing now.

I would agree that the lad using his phone was wrong in a number of ways.

Where is the responsibility on the lads fighting ? It seems to be such an acceptable thing now.

Oh not in anyway trying to abdicate the chap fighting at all, but for me its a single indescretion.Yes he is wrong and should be reminded of his responsibilities but I think the other issue is a far deeper one, he is some friend to have! A panel of players should have each others backs, not willfully throw each other under the preverbial bus. I would question both the loyalty and the decision making of the second party. But yes I agree they are both culpable and I'm sure Kiely wont make any rash decisions and will handle it as he see's fit in the best interests of Limerick hurling going forward.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Oh not in anyway trying to abdicate the chap fighting at all, but for me its a single indescretion.Yes he is wrong and should be reminded of his responsibilities but I think the other issue is a far deeper one, he is some friend to have! A panel of players should have each others backs, not willfully throw each other under the preverbial bus. I would question both the loyalty and the decision making of the second party. But yes I agree they are both culpable and I'm sure Kiely wont make any rash decisions and will handle it as he see's fit in the best interests of Limerick hurling going forward.

I get what your saying about the trust issue which is a big thing within the team but these lads are heaped with praise when representing their county so must see that they also have to take the negative when something like this happens when on a trip representing the same county.
    Unfortunately we are in an era when everything is recorded or photographed which is another argument altogether.

Hopefully it will be dealt with within the county and they regroup and go again

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

Drink is the problem - lads being full drunk then thinking they're in Caesar's Palace!! That's the problem.

[/B]

Were you never young, stupid or naive yourself? I'm sure they regret what they did, but for me, let he without sin cast the first stone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭paddyirish23

Were you never young, stupid or naive yourself? I'm sure they regret what they did, but for me, let he without sin cast the first stone!

Agreed, drop the lads who need to be dropped, for a few league games but that's enough. Lessons will hopefully be learned and we move on. I'm hearing up to 6 have been dropped completely off panel for this year. Christ I hope that's not true now it's a bit harsh!!

You've missed the point of representing their county .

They can't have it every way. Heros when winning and nothing said when fighting on a trip representing their county

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭cnoc

Does anybody know if the 2018/19 LK All Stars travelled with to Dubai?

You've missed the point of representing their county .

They can't have it every way. Heros when winning and nothing said when fighting on a trip representing their county

So what, they are representing their county. Big swing. They are amateurs. (I don't even know why I am defending them, I'm not from Limerick and don't ultimately care).

So what, they are representing their county. Big swing. They are amateurs. (I don't even know why I am defending them, I'm not from Limerick and don't ultimately care).

Look let's leave it. You obviously don't see an issue with what happened so fair enough.
    So the fact they don't get paid makes it ok ?

I think when representing your county you have a certain obligation.

I dont think they should be dropped from panel altogether but maybe sit out a few games, then park it for the sake of the team and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Look let's leave it. You obviously don't see an issue with what happened so fair enough.
    So the fact they don't get paid makes it ok ?

I think when representing your county you have a certain obligation.

I dont think they should be dropped from panel altogether but maybe sit out a few games, then park it for the sake of the team and move on.

Yes you have obligations, but you don't need to answer to a bunch of people who seem to think they have to live like hermits 365 days a year.

A few lads went out and had a few pints, and they did something stupid. You think making them sit out a game is a punishment? Why? Its was a glorified holiday they were on. Yes it was stupid, but the reaction is OTT.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Yes you have obligations, but you don't need to answer to a bunch of people who seem to think they have to live like hermits 365 days a year.

A few lads went out and had a few pints, and they did something stupid. You think making them sit out a game is a punishment? Why? Its was a glorified holiday they were on. Yes it was stupid, but the reaction is OTT.

I'd disagree with you 100%. You misrepresent managements treatment of the squad aswell. They dont live like hermits. They went out and enjoyed themselves with the thumbs up sign from management. Then some overstepped the mark at an event, then 1 or 2 did it again and again. Now they are going to get punished. I think alot of Irish people would agree with you and they should be left alone..boys will be boys. That attitude gets Irish people in alot if trouble in places like Australia where the locals dont like the 'crack' as much as the Irish do.They abused their position as representatives of Limerick hurling and now they wont be on the squad for the league or a year. And then they can come back. Fair play to John Kiely. Times change. Young people are drinking less than 30 year olds did at their age. The days of drinking multiple pints are coming to end for most people in Ireland and that's a good thing.

In none of my posts did I suggest they live like hermits.

There is a difference between living like hermits and knowing how to conduct themselves

I don't believe in all the name calling and some of the comments that have been made but yet again I will say they were representing their county ! Do what you like in your own time but when you are on a trip with county you behave accordingly .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,763 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Tough on Gillane to miss out on the all star tour, I'd imagine he's livid.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement